Categories > Original > Horror

Calm

by endlessxhurt 0 reviews

Infurating jealousy needs some sort of release.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-04-03 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 563 words

0Unrated
Calm. That’s how Alex Kane always felt after returning to his home. And still no one knew what he did at night. His work was published in every paper in the area, yet no one knew his identity. He turned on no lights as he stalked through the house and made no noise as he undressed. He slipped into bed, careful not to wake his wife, and tried to salvage the sleep he could.


He didn’t end up salvaging much. Three hours was enough though. Eliza had already gotten up and made coffee. The scent was wafting through the halls from the kitchen to the bedroom. He made his way through the hallway to see his beautiful wife pouring out their shares of coffee. Eliza was, in one word, perfect. Her deep auburn hair cascaded over her shoulders in an enchanted way that gave her the elegance and grace of an angel. Her lavender silk robe fell gently around her slender body. Her eyes, a deep royal blue that, if gazed into long enough, would make a man lose himself forever.


Alex had already lost himself . The moment he saw her, that was it, he was gone forever. And yet, her features enraged him. Not only with lust, but jealousy. He knew he could never amount to her beauty. He knew that whenever they were together in public, although her eyes would not wander, eyes would wander to her. Eyes of astonishment and hunger. And then eyes would wander to him. Eyes of disgust. His scraggily raven black hair fell awkwardly around his pale face. His frame was lanky. His eyes were green and clouded over. But, as much as he loathed her for her beauty, he loved her all the same. And somehow, she loved him, unconditionally. Which is why he would never harm her. No. He would harm others in her place.


“Good morning.” she spoke to him with the voice of an angel’s whisper.


“Morning.” he smiled back to her as she gently placed a kiss on his cheek while handing him his coffee.


He watched her float over to the other side of the table, sit, and begin reading the newspaper. He followed suit while sipping from his mug. Her eyes darted across the headline.


“They found another body” she said, “Under Blue Creek ridge.”


“Terrible.” He replied.


“I don’t understand” she began, “how can someone take another life? Not only take another life, but the way it was done,” she began reading from the newspaper, “medical examiners conclude 20 year old Stephanie Guild’s features were mutilated beyond recognition before she was stabbed in the chest seven times. Identification was only possible from dental records.”
She stared into his eyes with horror.


“How can a human being do that? It’s so twisted.” She averted her eyes away from him and stared at her coffee. He felt the need to do something, knowing it was his fault. He stood and moved to the other side of the table and embraced his wife in his arms.


“Some people are twisted.” He began, “But you know that no matter what happens, I would never, never,” he lingered on the word, “let that happen to you.”


Her eyes found his and she found truth in his words. She nodded and gave him a smile before
returning his embrace.
Sign up to rate and review this story