Categories > Original > Fantasy

Amidst Fantasy

by gameofficial222 0 reviews

A sixteen year old Saito Tokanashi aims to become a fictional writer. Every night his mind takes him to places and situations which are only possible in his dreams such as being a Demon Hunter, a ...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-04-05 - Updated: 2011-04-05 - 1564 words

0Unrated
Chapter 00: Introduction - My Dreams and My Reality

When darkness befalls the land of Einhalt, all folks know that the horrific creatures of the night awake from their slumber too bring terror to the land. They kill all those who oppose their cravings.

Somewhere in the forests of Fairbridge, two hunters are running for their lives from the greatest hunter of the night: The Night Fang.

Carver: Run Saito! It's gaining on us fast! We're almost at the Castle!
The two hunters had been hired by the local castle, Guard Capitan to kill the Night Fang, which preys on the innocent townsfolk of Fairbridge. The initial plan of the two was to lay a blood trail from the creatures lair, to the castle where a trap has been set up to contain and kill it. But the plan has backfired as the creature caught ahold of the hunter's scent, while they where preparing the blood trail, and has since been chasing them.
Saito: "Come get us you ugly bastard!" Leham yelled as he ran looking over his right shoulder - They where almost at the castle where the trap for the beast had been laid.
Loud howls with bloodthirsty echos kept filing the silent night a short distance behind the two hunters. Sounds of paws grinding against the forest floor grew ever closer and closer.
Carver: "Comon just a bit longer. We can make it!"
Saito: "Carver the signal!"
As they run Carver proceeds to try to light a torch, a predetermend signal which indicates they are both close with the beast right behind them.
Carver: [flicks lighter] "Light goddamit!"
After two trys Carver finally succeeds in lighting the torch, and starts waving it at the ever closer, aproching Castle.
Saito: "OPEN THE GATES!!!" Saito yells with whatever breath hes got left in his lungs.
The gates rise open with both hunters rushing through, literally throwing themselfs over the set up trap.
Apon landing only one thought rolled through both their minds - The trap has to work or they along with the entire castle are as good as dead.
The paws grind against the cobblestone road at the entrence of the castle gate, at a terrifing rate. But suddenly they cease, the only sound that can be heard now it the sound of flesh grinding against metal, and loud ferocious cries, coming from a hole in the gate ,right where the iron bars meet the stone below. The beast had stepped onto a shroud concealing a pit full of iron spikes.
But the spikes alone had no chance of ever killing a Night Fang Hunter. No the spikes and pitt where only there to slow it down just for a little bit, while the real weapons where being prepared.
Saito: "Quickly! Archers fire the gold arrows at it before it escapes the pitt!"
The moment Saito spoke the words, the night sky was pierced with a hundred arrows all aimed at one spot - The pitt where the creature was trying to claw it's way out.
In seconds it was over. The creatures struggle to escape ceased, as it's lifeless body fell right at the ledge of the pitt. Gold - the only material which could kill a Night Fang, incorparated into arrows, fired by archers.
Had the archers been even a second late with their fire, everyone in the castle would have been dead in less then five minutes. That is the terror, which is a Night Fang.
Capitan: " You both actually killed the Hunter of the Night! I didn't think it was possible, I..I thought we where all gonners for sure!"
Carver: " For a second there, I though we were as well! Saito it was too close this time!"
Saito: "Both of you should have a bit more faith, If not in me then at least in gold." Saito laughs at his own statement, while taking out one of the 40 gold arrows, which managed to pierced the Night Fang.
Caver: "This was one tough bastard for sure. I can't think of worse things then Night Fangs! And to think that we were almost hunted down before we arrived at the gate! It still sends chills down my spine."
Saito: " Yeah well nothing can be done about that. Anyway Capitan, as much as we like chatting we'd best be on our way, you know: more horrors awaiting. So if you could be so kind as to pay us now."
Capitan: " Well we did have a deal." The Capitan removes a big pouch from his belt and tosses it to Saito. " 100 Velian coins, and you guys deserve every peice of it."
Saito: " Thanks, it was a pleasure doing busniess with you Capitan, but like i said, we enjoy chatting but we'd best be on our way."
Carver: " I can't say it was a pleasure, but thats why business and pleasure are two different things, at least in my mind." Carver smiles lightly, takes a bow and enters the awaiting carridge in front of the gate.
Saito: " I bid you, and your land fairer days Capitan, and may Noh watch over you."
Capitan: " May Noh watch over us all. If you and your friend ever find yourselfs in Fairbridge again, please stop by the castle. You are always welcome here!"
Saito takes his bow, and enters the carridge as well.
The carridge sets off into the mists of the dark night, growing ever farther away.

But then suddenly!.........

???: "HEY SLACKER WAKE UP!!!!!"
Saito: "WHA.....!??!?!?!?!?! Where...Where am I!?"
My name is Saito Tokonashi - i'm 16 years old, born on November 15th, a Scorpio, and I'm aiming to become a Fictional Writer.
Yumi: " Dont give me that bull! Get you ass up it's 07:20 and if you don't get up now you'll be late again!"
The tall, but yet slim girl with long black hair in front of me is my older sister, Yumi Tokonashi - 17 years of age, born January 7th, a Sagittarius, her main goal in life in my opinion is to cause problems for me, but other than that she tells the folks that she wants to be Lawyer.
Saito: " Did you have to be so loud Yumi? You could have just shaken me up or do something a normal sister would do, instead of yelling in my ear."
Yumi: "Oh, why don't I bake you a batch of cookies to go along with that gental wake up call. Get real. You know you should be gratefull that i'm here to wake you up every morning! Or else who knows how long you'll be lost in that messed up dream land of yours! Always talking about creatures and heroes! What are you five years old!?"
Saito: " I'll have you know that most writers have at least once envisioned a simularly based story."
Yumi: " Yeah....Whatever." [smirkes] " Get dressed and get down to the kitchen before i give your breakfast to the dog." [Yumi leaves the room]

I currently live with my parents,and the most problomatic older sister in the world - Yumi. My life is pretty average other then that. I don't excel at anything other than writing. At school I try to keep a B average in all subjects. I'm not popular, nor am i anything special too look at, but i don't really care about such trivial things.
If i had to name something which makes me different from the every other person on the street, i'd say it would have to be my dreams - My dreams are constant. I always experience a new chapter of a certain dream as it's main character, every night, untill i have completed it fully. It's like the stories in my mind write themselfs.
Another ability i have, is to never be able to forget any part of my dream, so my only job is to write it down once i wake up in the morning. I'm aiming to write many stories and incorperate them into books as soon as a publishing company replies to my mail. So far no luck at all with that.

Yumi: " Hey, slacker, if you where looking forward to pancakes then, I got some bad news for you - I fed them to the dog! HAHAHA." Yumi yells from downstairs. She was clearly happy with herself.
Saito: " Sometimes i wonder, how it is that i'm even related to her."
I wash my face get dressed, head downstair, and take my usual seat at the table. I see Rover - our midget dog. I can tell he's happy from all the pancakes he ate, which were supposed to be for me.
Saito: " Yumi, you know, if there was a "Worst Sister Of The Year Contest", you'd be a shoe in for first place."
Yumi:" Well my little boy needs his eats. Ain't that right Rover."
[Rover happily barks at the statement]
Saito: "Stupid dog."
Yumi: " Get over yourself already. It's no Rover fault that you're a good for nothing slacker."
Mother: " Stop fighting so early in the morning. Yumi you should'nt give your brothers food to the dog. And Saito do learn to get up earlier. You are always late to breakfast and school."
Saito & Yumi:" OK mom."
Mother: " Saito here's some toast. Now both of you get going or you're going to be late."
Yumi & Saito: " Bye."

And here begins another day in my reality.

Chapter's End.
Sign up to rate and review this story