Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The (Not So) True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys (And Their Cool Friends)

Introduction

by RebelDevil2019 1 review

Jess has always dreamed of running away into the desert like her idols, the Fabulous Killjoys. But when she is discovered, will she be able to save the one person she truly loves? (Hi, so first sto...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2011-04-04 - Updated: 2011-04-07 - 517 words

1Exciting
It was a pleasant day in Battery City, as it always is thanks to the Radiation Control. I sat at the very back of my Science class, bored out of my mind, as all around me students had their heads bent towards the desk, noses practically glued to the sheet of paper they were all scribbling on. I glanced around the room, laughing in my head at the kids surrounding me. I was impressed that even something as strong BL/ind could control a room full of teenagers. But as always, the drugs were the key to control. I sighed to myself and gazed out of the window. My school was built on the very outskirts of the city, so I always had a fantastic view of the desert from the classroom window. It had been my dream for as long as I can remember; to finally cross the city borders and run away without looking back. I had even gone so far as to plan an escape route when I was 12, but that plan was soon forgotten after a group of vigilantes had been ghosted after trying to escape from the City. This quickly ended any immediate plans I had of leaving.

The teacher (or as I liked to call her, Miserable Mills) was still going on about combustion, as she had been for what felt like forever. I glanced at the clock, then back down at the desk – then quickly back up at the clock again. How had we only been here for 45 minutes?! It felt like this lecture had been going on since the beginning of time itself. I slumped even further backwards in my chair, and it really was a miracle I hadn’t toppled over yet. I decided not to push my luck and let the chair fall forward. Nobody even looked up at the loud thunk as it hit the floor. I was half tempted to get up on the table and scream at the top of my voice to see if it would cause a reaction, but thought better of it. It would only earn me another detention.

I looked down at my hands and groaned to myself. Shit, I thought. I had been doodling on them again. This happened a lot when I daydreamed. I never paid much attention to what I was doing, so what appeared on my hands was purely subconscious. It was pretty varied, too. Once, I had wrote song lyrics from my favourite bands all over my hands, right up to the very tips of my fingers. Another time, I had drawn tiny spiders onto the knuckles of each hand and gone on to colouring patterns that looked like bracelets around my wrists. I studied todays artwork. Nothing too hard to hide, just some more quotes from Dr D’s show last night. I gazed down at the words on my left hand, “We will see you in the Zones”. Ha, that was something I could only dream about. Maybe one day, I thought to myself, smiling calmly. One day, I’ll be a Killjoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story