Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Soul Mates (request)

by jlyEchelonMCRmy 2 reviews

Could you hurt the person you love most in order to keep them forever?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-04-10 - Updated: 2011-04-10 - 1086 words - Complete

1Original
A/N: For shortygirl, a Mikey Way Vampire fic as requested :) xo

-------------------------------------------------------

One thing people don't understand about my kind is our 'sensitive side'. We still have emotions, and possibly more so then humans. Just because we have different diets doesn't make us heartless wrecks.
But Mikey was different. Mikey understood. Mikey is my soul mate. It kills me that I have had to hurt him, but it had to be done, it was destiny. My forever would be pointless without him.
He didn't know when we first started dating. I wanted him to get to know me first, without the vampirism. I had to be careful if I was out in the sun with him not to hold his hand or he'd notice the burning of my skin. That was why I lived in New Jersey, the miserable weather. Although I don't spontaneously combust in the sun as legend would have you believe, it did burn me. The feeling was enough to cope with for a small while but if he touched me he would notice my soaring temperature.
Our romance was beautiful but a typical young relationship: innocent. We kissed and held hands; we went on dates to movie theatres and cheap restaurants.
Then one night it got serious.
'I really love you, you know,' Mikey told me as we sat on my bed together watching a movie.
'I love you too,' I replied snuggling further into his chest.
'I mean, I really love you,' he said again. 'I know that you're the girl here and it's a bigger deal for you than me, but the situation is kinda perfect. Your parents are out, you have a large bed the lights are dimmed...'
'Mikey,' I cut him off sharply.
He looked disappointed and slightly hurt.
'Baby, don't look at me like that, I do want it but you might not.'
'I do.'
'You don't know as much about me as you think. There's no easy way to tell you this,' I paused then, really not knowing how to tell Mikey my truth; what I really was.
'What?' I couldn't decipher the emotion in his voice; whether he was upset or curious.
'I'm a vampire, Mikey.'
He sat in stunned silence for a while.
'I don't believe you,' he said eventually.
'You do,' I told him. 'If you didn't believe me you would have said something immediately, or laughed, or told me they don't exist. That silence means that some part of you believes me.'
'But Emily, Vampires don't exist.'
'Belleville, New Jersey. One of the most crime ridden areas in America or just a vampire hot spot?'
'But they find bodies.'
I laughed at that. 'God Mikey, I'm a vampire, not a cannibal! We drink blood not devour whole bodies. Besides, some of the bodies are from murders, then we hunt down the murderers. We are good, Mikey. We do feed on animals sometimes too, but that way we have to hunt more often.'
Mikey's eyes were wide and struck with fear.
'Mikes?' I said stroking his face. 'Mikes, I'm a good person.'
He shook his head absently.
'I'm not going to kill you.' I lightly kissed his lips. He didn't respond.
I leaned against the head board and continued to watch our film. Mikey looked at the screen too but I doubt he really saw it. He was probably watching some Dracula-esque scene in his head where I jumped out of a coffin and sucked him dry.
'Why did you tell me that?'
'Because I didn't want you to get involved with me if you didn't understand me.'
'But I am involved,' he said. 'I love you.'
'Ok,' I said. 'This is probably going to sound really stupid...'
'I just discovered I'm dating a vamp, I don't think much will sound stupid to me right now.'
'My kind believes in soul mates.'
'Right.'
'We believe that in our lives we will only ever love one person, and that person is out there somewhere, waiting for us. Of course, sometimes they aren't found. Some vampires get sick of waiting and kill themselves after several hundred years.'
'Kill themselves?'
'We live forever, Mikes. If you haven't got that someone worth living for, it seems pointless.'
'How old are you?'
'98.'
'Woah.'
'Physically my body is 19 but I've been alive for 98 years.'
'But how did... I mean... once you were...'
'My biological dad died when I was 4,' I started to answer the question Mikey couldn't ask. 'Then mum found Steve. She was his soul mate and after dad's death living forever appealed to her. But she couldn't leave me. She explained it all to me and I reacted exactly the same way you did. Then Steve changed us both.'
'So change me.'
And that's how we got here. It hurt, I knew it hurt. I didn't want to think about it. Thinking about my Mikey in that pain, hurt me.
He was lying on my bed unconscious. He looked dead, his chest no longer moving with breathing as the change took place. My teeth marks were deep in his neck. That was the quickest way to change someone, the jugular, inject straight into the main blood flow.
He stayed there all night while I sat, still as a statue, staring out of the window at the moon. I was worried. Worried about the regret. Not on my behalf, I knew that I only had two choices; change Mikey or kill myself. But Mikey, he couldn't be with his family now and he hadn't given it a thought before letting me bite him.
Finally, as the sun began to rise, I heard him start to move behind me.
'Mikey?' My head snapped round to look at him.
He literally jumped off the bed and ran over to me scooping me up in his arms.
'I love you,' he said spinning me round.
'But Mikey...' I was going to explain that he couldn't be with his family for long, but he didn't care. He was discovering the power of soul mates and the sheer power of the love that one vampire can feel.
'I love you,' he said again to cut me off.
'I love you, too,' I smiled, kissing him passionately.
Sign up to rate and review this story