Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Pros and Cons of Breathing

Walk on Water or Drown

by falloutboy8793 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-04-19 - Updated: 2011-04-19 - 1647 words

0Unrated
Kathryn never knew what really happened after Pete disappeared. Everything was a blur of pain, sadness, and grieving. Her older brother Pete was gone and she needed someone to talk to. She thought about Patrick, Joe and Andy. She visited their homes but they were gone as well. The only person left was her mother. Her mother helped a little in the beginning till she too was overcome with her own grief and locked herself away, leaving Kathryn to deal with herself and her emotions. She got used to it and tried to move on.
It was a year after the disappearances when she decided to go out and get some stuff for the week. Her typical walk started normally, like always. Kat plugged her headphones into her ears and blasted Blink-182. She walked, noticing the sky become darker, the clouds hiding the sun. She pulled her hoodie over her head and continued to push on. Then a sudden eerie feeling overwhelmed her. She paused her music and looked around. No one was on this street. Nothing was there…almost like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie. Nothing was moving other than a couple of flags hanging off some of the buildings due to the wind. Everything seemed like the calm before the storm. Changing her mind, she turned and began walking back home.
As she began heading back, she passed the only people out with her. They were wearing these odd white suits with bowler hats. The smaller of the two had a strange mink scarf that actually was creepy. He had wavy brown hair down to just above his shoulders. The other one was a tad bit taller and had black hair and very pale skin. They seemed to be talking to themselves, keeping their heads low enough so that Kat couldn’t see their faces. They continued to walk, not looking up at all. Kat just kept walking, trying to ignore these two guys as they past her. As they past, goose bumps covered her body. She sped up to get away and immidently felt like she was being followed. After walking for a couple of steps, she turned around to see if they had turned around and were coming after her, but she was stunned when she saw that they were no longer there…it was like they were never there. She turned forward and began sprinting home, hoping that she would make it to her safe haven.
“Mom? I’m home!” Kat breathed heavily as she closed and locked the door.
“Kat! Up here! Come quickly!” Kat heard her mom call out to her. Something about her voice worried Kat and caused her sprint again to her mom.
“What’s up mom? What did you…” She stopped. Her mom was sitting up in her bed, but something wasn’t right. “Mom?” She noticed her mom’s eyes. They were crazed and almost black. Suddenly the door slammed shut. Kat jumped and spun around to see what cause the door to do that. She tried to open it, but it wouldn’t open.
“See? She’s here now, you know your part of the deal, you give me back Pete and you can have her.” Kat heard her mom’s voice behind her.
“Yes,” A snide voice whispered and an ice cold breath ran down Kat’s neck. She spun around then froze. It was one of the men from the street earlier. “She’s here, just like you promised Mrs. Wentz.”
“Mom…” Kat’s voice shook with fear and confusion. “What’s going on?”
“You don’t see it yet?” The man smiled. “She’s trading you for her favorite child and giving you to me.” Kat saw the man’s face. His features were beautiful, yet he was the scariest thing she had ever seen. His eyes that she didn’t see before were one of the frightening of his features. They were so black; they were void of any life. His smile was growing as well as his teeth.
“Mom?” Kat felt the tears form in her eyes, but fought to keep them hidden. “Is that true?”
“I want Pete back.” Her mom looked at her daughter with no emotion. That simple answer fueled the fire in Kat and fear was replaced with anger and hatred.
“You’re giving me to this psychotic crazy ass in exchange for your ‘favorite’ kid, who is dead?!” Kat felt the words force themselves out of her mouth. She didn’t believe Pete was dead either, but still words came out. Her mother never answered her, and didn’t even seem phased by what she said. She just looked at the man.
“Where’s Pete?” Her mom asked.
“About that,” The man snapped his fingers and two other men appeared. “Your services are no longer needed.” And with that, the other men jumped onto her mom and blood was everywhere. Kat couldn’t scream. All she could do was turn her head away. The strange thing was that she wasn’t upset with her mother being murdered right in front of her, but for the fact that she was giving the last kid she had to these twisted psychotic men in exchange for Pete who maybe dead in a ditch somewhere. “Hmm…I thought I taught them not to play with their food.” He sighed, moving away from the partly open door. “Now there’s a huge mess.” That’s how the other guys came in and they forgot to shut door properly. She took this chance and bolted out the door and ran down the stairs, but not before she felt a push and herself falling. As she fell, she felt her head and every part of her body hit the steps and then the bottom. When she finally stopped, she saw the man right there, standing above her, laughing.
“Not very smart, running from a vampire.” His voice rang as her world was blinded by black.




Kathryn’s POV
I woke up from my nightmare. I really hope I didn’t scream this time. Last time I did, William showed up and that wasn’t pretty. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and tried to calm myself down. I got up and walked around the room. It’s been about a month since William kidnapped and moved me to his vampire hideout/mansion, which I found strange. If I was to have a hideout, I would have something less…godly, but that’s just me. I continued walking till I heard footsteps stopping in front of my room. Shit I thought. My door opened, revealing not William, but Brendon, William's second in command.
"What are you doing up?" Brendon growled, baring his fangs. The vampire behind Brendon smirked at me, thinking I was going to get it, and walked off. I put my hands on my hips once the vampire was gone and smiled.
"The noob is gone, you can come in now." I smiled as Brendon had a look of relief across his face.
"Good," He said as he came in and closed the door. "Are you okay? I have the stuff you wanted." He said as he passed me a bottle of what looked to be normal water. As he passed it to me, his wrist was exposed, showing a bad burn.
"How did that happen?" I asked him, tossing the bottle of holy water onto my bed and examining his wrist.
"The priest 'accidentally' dropped some." He noted with sarcasm. "Nothing big."
"The things you do for me." I sighed.
"I owe ya." Brendon smiled.
"Thanks." I said, remembering the scar on my wrist. I gave him a hug. As he hugged me back, he froze. "Brendon?" I backed off.
"It's William...he started something downtown. I have to go." He sighed and disappeared. I sighed and sat down on my bed, wondering what was going on downtown. Brendon did too much for me. He wasn't always this nice to me. He actually ignored me till I gave him some blood to help heal his injuries. Yeah, I'm still human, surprisingly. Even Brendon is surprised I haven't been drained or turned. The reason why I gave Brendon some blood was because after a fight, he got hurt pretty bad. William was with him and said it was Brendon's own pathetic fighting and he would suffer for it. Brendon was so hurt, he couldn't hunt for himself. I found him and gave him enough blood to have most of his injuries healed. Hence the cut on my wrist. William eventually found out about me cutting myself, but not the reason why. Never the less, I was punished. You would think that being slapped would not be the worst punishment, especially by a vampire, but that shit feels like someone ripped your face off. We were never found out. Brendon used the excuse that he found rats in the basement and used them to regain health and that seemed to work. Brendon was extremely grateful and has been helping me through out my time here by keeping me busy and being someone I could talk to.
I sighed again and got up to get a book from the bookcase. I jumped back onto my bed and began mindlessly reading. My eyes were going across the page, but my thoughts were back on what was going on downtown. Poor people who decided to go out on the town, they won't even know what hit them. Well they might, right before the Dandies attack. They do, after all, love playing with their food. Suddenly, Pete came into my head. I knew William was the one responsible for Pete's disappearance, he told me so, but one thing he knew not to tell me was where Pete was, or if he was even alive.
Sign up to rate and review this story