Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

DuffIzzy - Yesterday

by xXUchihaxHanaXx 0 reviews

Izzy sings along to Janis Joplin while thinking of Duff.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-04-21 - Updated: 2011-04-21 - 402 words - Complete

0Unrated
Izzy ran a hand through his hair, trying to get the greasy strands from his face as he walked into the kitchen with very little energy, putting on some water for his coffee. He'd left his previous addictions but fallen into another one, and it didn't make him feel too good, not to mention the recent events had also messed a lot with his feelings. His life seemed to be getting bad all over again, if it ever really got better.

Shaking his head, he put the first record he saw to play, sitting on the kitchen table as he waited for the water to boil. He smiled sadly for a second, singing along with the song. "Feeling near as faded as my jeans… hmm… dirty red bandana…" He sighed, just skipping most of the lyrics anyway, before making himself the first cup of coffee of many to come. "Bobby…" He bit his lips, knowing his mind ended up changing the name in the song, him wanting it or not. "Duffy."

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, and nothing don't mean nothing honey, if it ain't free…" He choked down a half-sob as his eyes filled with tears, maybe he missed Duff more than he wanted to admit it, and this song just made him think of the blond. And he knew said blond was probably in a very bad health condition now, because his drinking was ever-increasing by the time Izzy left. "And feeling good was good enough for me…"

Some tears fell into his coffee, which he quickly pushed away, not wanting that to get salty. Remembering something he used to calm Axl when the redhead needed to breathe, he raised his arms and intertwined his fingers behind his neck, closing his eyes. "But I'd trade all my tomorrows for one single yesterday… to be holding Duffy's body close to mine…" He muttered, turning off the music and wiping his tears away with the flowery shirt everyone but him seemed to hate. "And this is fucking up my coffee… I… should stop anyway."

He stepped down from the table, taking a sip of his coffee. "Oh, shut up, Izzy. It's not like he'll ever think of me, too… and this song… has nothing to do with it, it's something else… it's not… just, stupid head of mine."

But I'd trade all my tomorrows for one single yesterday.
Sign up to rate and review this story