Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Think Happy Thoughts

Think Happy Thoughts

by Syphiel 7 reviews

Some unknown bands get to travel with My Chemical Romance but is one trying to hide something. Also there is an audition at the end of the chapter. Just put the audition in your review.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-04-13 - Updated: 2011-04-14 - 2282 words

1Moving
Author’s Note: Ok, needed to write something. I have to get out of my head and so this is what my fingers started typing. I hope it’s good. It is unbeta’d and just completely……yeah my hands working on their own. Sorry, I’m on a jury for a trial and it’s kinda fucking with my head a lot so yeah, hope you like it. Oh and there will be an audition at the end because I will need other bands.
Disclaimer: No own. End of story.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Frank sat in the middle of the room waiting for the other members of the band to show up. Their manager had just told him an amazing idea and he was bouncing slightly. He couldn’t wait to tell the others about it. Slowly, the door opened and Gerard and Mikey walked in quickly. Gerard fell on the couch in the corner, Mikey taking up the small chair across from Frank. Mikey smiled a little, “Frankie, stop bouncing. Sorry we’re late. Gerard wanted to stop for coffee and well. You know I can’t say no to coffee.”
Frank frowned, “Didn’t bring me any?”
Gerard shrugged, “Next time buddy. Coffee on me. Only one cup though, not for the day.”
Frank glowered, “Fuck man, you always know what I’m thinking.”
Ray walked in last. He took the last seat opposite Gerard. Ray raised one eyebrow, “Why is Frankie bouncing like a pixie on speed?”
Frank cocked his head to the side, “No I’m not.”
Ray shrugged, “Fine dude, but you totally are.”
Frank threw his hands in the air, “Fine fine, I’m a fucking pixie. So you guys want the awesome news that Brian just told me.”
Gerard just nodded, “What’s up man?”
Frank put his hands onto his knees, “Ok so you know how we started as like this small town band outta Jersey.”
Gerard laughed, “Dude, everyone and their mother knows that. What’s the big deal?”
Frank glared at Gerard, “Shut up for two minutes and I will fucking tell you. So yeah, small town band and all that shit but here is his idea. We find some other small town bands get a bunch to go on tour with us and open for us. We give these kids a shot to get out there in the world.”
Gerard, Mikey, and Ray nodded slowly. Gerard was the first to speak, “That could be epic.”
Frank smirked, “Told you it was awesome news.”
Mikey spoke next, “How do we start finding these bands though? I don’t know any small town bands anymore. Most broke up or moved on.”
Frank nodded, “Brian already has one lined up for us. Well not really lined up. He wants us to go see their gig tonight at some bar and if we like it, we can invite them on the tour.”
Gerard smiled, “Awesome. Where’s the gig?”
Frank shrugged, “Some bar called Bar A down the Jersey shore.”
Mikey bounced out of his seat, “You serious? That place is kinda a dive.”
Frank nodded, “Yeah, but the band might rock.”
The four nodded together. Ray checked his watch, “Well, the shore is about an hour away, we better leave now.”


Moira stared out the window of the van her boyfriend Bill drove. She glanced to the driver seat to look him over. His dark brown hair shaved low, his tan skin and chocolate eyes making him look almost like a normal dirt bag Shore boy. His clothes on the other hand were more punk. Red and white tee-shirt with dozens of necklaces, his low riding skinny jeans with the knees ripped, and his scuffed up converse shoes. She smiled a little, thinking about his voice as he sang. It was so smooth and could convince anybody of anything. Moira glanced into the back seat where the two other member of their band sat. A short guy with long, super long red hair smiled at her. His hand sitting protectively on his drum set. He was super pale and his dark eyes made a super contrast. He refused to wear a shirt for any performance. He said he couldn’t drum with a shirt on. She spoke softly, “Everything staying put Matt?”
Matt nodded, “Don’t worry Moira. Your bass hasn’t moved and Thunder’s guitar isn’t touching it.”
Moira giggled slightly. Suddenly a hand shot out and hit her cheek hard. She glanced up at Bill. His dark eyes angry, “What are you doing?”
Moira glanced down at the floor, “I’m sorry Bill. I was just talking to Matt.”
Bill grabbed her arm tightly, “You know better than to talk before a gig. We have to concentrate and we can’t do that with your damn mouth yapping. Now shut the fuck up.”
Moira nodded silently. She knew she would have to fix her make up to hide any bruise that Bill might have left. Another voice spoke up from the backseat, “Bill. You didn’t have to hit her.”
Bill glanced in the rearview mirror, “Thunder, if I wanted your opinion on how to treat my girlfriend I would ask. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.”
Moira glanced at Thunder in the backseat. His real name was Sean but he preferred his stage name of Thunder. He had long white hair cut to his shoulders. His blue eyes were normally hidden behind a pair of sunglasses. His black leather jacket and white wife beater and baggy jeans looked so normal on a rocker like Thunder. He always stuck up for her but he shouldn’t. She knew she got out of line. The real rock stars of the band were Bill and Thunder. Matt and herself were just backups. They filled in the song and made it sound more complete. Moira looked down at her own outfit. A pair of black jeans with multiple belts and a burgundy vest with metal studs. No shirt underneath, Bill wanted her to be eye candy for the guys in the audience. Her reddish blonde hair was pulled up into two messy buns on the sides of her head and her green eyes had red eye shadow on the lids to make them pop. Otherwise, she was paler then Thunder and Matt. Except for Bill, none of them liked the sun too much. They pulled up in front of Bar A and Thunder ran inside to check them in. Matt started moving the drum kit inside so they could be set up before the bar opened for business. Bill grabbed onto Moira’s arm as she started getting out of the car. She knew she was in trouble. Glancing at the sandy ground she mumbled quickly, “I’m sorry”
Bill pulled her to him, “For what bitch?”
Moira gulped, “For talking and breaking your concentration before a gig.”
Bill released her arm, “That’s better. Just you fucking remember who the real star is. I carry this band. I make you guys look good. Without me, there wouldn’t even be a fucking band.”
Moira nodded silently. She quickly grabbed her bass so she could get it tuned before show time. She turned back to Bill quickly, “Um, do you think we could do the song I wrote tonight?”
Bill sighed, “I guess. It’s not good at all but I guess we can end with that and then for out encore make the audience love us again.”
Moira nodded, “Thank you.”
It wasn’t long before the lights went low and the band started playing. Bill stood at the front of the small stage. His hand grasped the microphone stand as he screamed, “We are the Metal Mandalorians. I’m Bill ‘Suave’ Connell. On guitar, we have Sean ‘Thunder’ Malone. On the drums, we have Matt ‘Crash’ Lounge. And on bass, Moira Taggert. We call this first song, ‘Talk to Me’.”
Launching into the song, Moira lost herself, in the rhythmic bass beat, dancing around the stage. Her normally shy self, fading away, leaving a strong empowered girl. She leaned against Thunder as he played a complicated riff on his guitar. He smiled over his shoulder at her. Laughing she jumped in the air, landing next to Bill. He turned his dark eyes on her. The anger clear to her. She had fucked up again. She was gonna pay after the show. The show neared the end before she was ready for it to be over. Bill announced the last song. One she had written after one really bad time with Bill. It was called “Suicide is never painless.” Moira tucked herself into the corner of the stage, as close to the drums as she could. The song was rough and emotional. She hated how Bill made it sound. The emotion was gone from his voice. He hated the song. He was the songwriter for the band. Moira had paid especially hard that day after presenting it to the group.
Before she knew it the song was over and they were heading into the back room. She laid her bass back into it’s case. She didn’t want anything to happen to it. Bill banged open the door. He was always the last one off the stage. He stormed over to her, “What the fuck was that?”
Moira looked over at Thunder for help. Bill saw her, “Oh no bitch. Don’t try to blame someone else for your fuck up. You decided to play showgirl up there and you almost knocked me over.”
Bill grabbed her arm to hold her steady, “Let’s see how well you show it up there with a hurt leg.”
He kicked in at her ankle as hard as he could. A small scream erupted from her throat. Bill nodded, “That’s what I thought bitch. Now get outta here. I want to relax without having to think about how you almost fucked up our performance out there.”
Moira sniffled and nodded. She needed a smoke anyway. Limping outside, she leaned against the brick wall. Pulling out her pack of Marlboros, she shook one out and placed it between her lips. Her hands searched her pockets, her lighter was in her bass case. A small fire lit near her and a sweet voice asked quietly, “Need a light?”
Moira nodded, “Thanks.”
She leaned forward, grimacing as pressure was put on her ankle. The light from the lighter, allowed the other person to see the pain on her face. Suddenly, he was next to her. He lightly grabbed her arm, “You ok? The way you were bouncing around on that stage, maybe you hurt yourself. Even though it did look awesome.”
Moira looked at him quizzically, “You look like someone I know. Well not personally. But like this big time guitarist for a really amazing band. But it’s not like they would be here.”
The guy cocked his head to the side, “Oh yeah. Who do I look like?”
Moira giggled, “Like Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance. Like I said, not like those big timers would ever be caught around here. But thanks for the compliment.”
The guy smirked, “What if I said I was Frank Iero?”
Moira laughed, “Then I would say that you had too much to drink.”
The guy laughed, “Sense of humor. I like that. How about we go inside?”
Moira snubbed out the rest of her cigarette, “I should get back inside. Ok, I’ll walk with you.”
The two walked inside. The house lights were up. Moira glanced over at the guy she had walked in with. He was the spitting image of Frank Iero. This guy could be his twin. Moira saw the rest of the band walking towards her. They were with three guys that definitely looked like Gerard and Mikey Way and Ray Toro. Moira shook her head and mumbled, “No way.”
Bill grabbed her close, “There you are babe. Where did you go?”
Moira knew this act. It was the ‘let’s pretend everything is fine between us so no one outside of the band knows what he does’ act. Moira smiled, “Sorry hun. I needed some air. I think I hurt myself jumping around on stage. Not gonna do that anymore.”
Bill hugged her close, “That sounds like an excellent idea. Anyway, these fine gentlemen are the most amazing band My Chemical Romance and they have just invited us to be part of an opening act for them on tour. Love, it’s our dream coming true.”
Moira smiled widely. Stretching the bruise on her cheek from earlier. Grimacing slightly, “That’s amazing.”
Frank stared at Moira. Something wasn’t right with this girl. Too many grimaces within a very short time. He mentally shrugged. He could always find out during the tour. Gerard was talking now so Frank decided to listen again, “So yeah. That’s all the details. We will meet next week to start the tour right here in New Jersey. The other bands will be here by then. We are going to get them during this week. So we will see you next week at Starland Ballroom.”
Moira, Bill, Matt and Thunder nodded and smiled. They couldn’t believe their dream was coming true.
__________________________________________________________________________________________¬
Author’s Note: So yeah. That’s the first chapter. Next chapter will be after all the bands are together and like I said before I need some people for other bands. So here is what I need from you.
Name:
Stage name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Instrument:
Would you notice if someone was being abused:
Would you help them:
Sign up to rate and review this story