Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Look Alive, Sunshine.

Chapter 13

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

The Killjoys meet up with Dr. D, and the extermination date comes closer.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-04-29 - Updated: 2011-04-30 - 434 words

0Unrated
The weeks before the extermination passed in a blur of planning and moving.
I only remember bits and pieces, like it was a dream.
I remember driving our truck with Party Poison next to me, pulling a stop next to a slowly dying fire and two bodies, lying in the sand, limp and dead. I climbed out and crouched next to them, the wind blowing pieces of hair in my eyes.
“Aint that tragic,” Party Poison said. “Tragic with a capital T.”
“That would make a good song lyric,” I said, meeting his eyes.
He smiled. “I’m full of good ideas.”
I dropped my gaze to the body in front of me. It was the girl I’d seen in the cameras back in Battery City. Ghosted, gone, lifeless as the still world around her.
“She was just trying to live again…” I murmured, an unexpected tear slipping down my face.
“You know her?”
“Not really,” I said, closing her eyes gently with my hand. “She was a girl I saw in those cameras you set me up in front of. And I watched as she ‘damaged government property’ and decided to rebel.”
He took my other hand and squeezed it. “I’m not sure what to say.”
I stood, pulling Party Poison up with me, and started back towards the truck. “Better live up to her legacy, huh?”
I also remember meeting Dr. Death-Defying for the first time. It was awesome.
The five of us walked into his underground radio station (Fun Ghoul claimed few people knew where he was) and found him muttering into a microphone. “All right children. The lights are out and the party’s over. It’s time for me, Dr. D, to start running, and say goodbye—for a little while. And I know you’re gonna miss me, so I’ll leave you with this. You know that big ball of radiation we call the sun? Well it’ll burst you into flames if you stay in one place too long. That is, if the static don’t get you first. So remember, even if you’re dusted, you may be gone, but out here in the desert, your shadow lives on without you. This is Dr. Death-Defying, signing off.”
He hit a button, and an old recording of the Star-Spangled Banner played. Then he turned to face us, gun out, prepared to shoot if necessary. Then he noticed who we were and started to laugh. “Go on home, kids, I’m done.”
“No, you’re not,” Party Poison said, stepping forward. “We need your help.”
Sign up to rate and review this story