Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > "If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it's like to be me"

Chapter 1.

by XFrankIeroismyheroX 3 reviews

I'm editing this on 27/4/13 because I'm bored :-))

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-01 - Updated: 2013-04-27 - 970 words - Complete

1Ambiance
I took small, slow, depressed steps towards the school gates, don’t you love going to school? No? Me either. I especially hate this school. Everyone apart from my brother, Mikey are dicks and all because I played Peter Pan in my first year. Okay maybe that wasn’t my best idea...

I opened the door to school and no one was around. I was late, even better. I went to my locker shoving my iPod in before slamming the door shut and heading to my first class, maths. Fan-Fucking-Tastic!

As I opened the door Mr. Murray looked over to me and glared. I bowed my head and went to my seat at the back of the room. Putting my battered Iron Maiden bag on the floor I sat down at my desk looking at the sums in front of me. I decided it best I get to work now instead of having them for homework.

“Uh, um, I’m the new kid.” I heard a timid male voice say, so of course we all looked up to see a 5”4 boy dressed in ripped skinny jeans, battered black baseball boots and a Misfits t-shirt.

“Mr. Iero is it?” Mr. Murray asked.

“Eye-Air-Oh.” He corrected.

“Yes E-Er-Oh.” Mr. Murray said slightly annoyed at being corrected.

“No, EYE,” He pointed to his eye. “Air," He waved his arms around, "Oh.” He made an “O” shape with his fingers.

“Take your seat over there next to Mr. Way.”

“Mr. Iero” moved slowly over to me scuffing his shoes on the way. He sat down without saying a word and started working. I noticed he had a slight blush on his cheeks and lip and nose rings. He also had black smudged eyeliner like mine except he also had a bit of red.

I realised I was staring at him and looked down quickly and went back to my work.

//

Sitting at my desk in art I was bouncing my leg up and down as “Mr. Iero” spoke to Ms. Grant. Next thing I know He’s sitting next to me…again.

“Okay,” Ms. Grant started. “I want you to get to know your partners because you’ll be sitting with them for the rest of this term!” She finished with clapping her hands and then disappeared into her storage cupboard.

“Hey.” The still mysterious Mr. Iero started.

“Hey.” Was my lame reply.

“I’m Frank.”

“Iero.” I said automatically and mentally slapped myself until I realised he was laughing, well more like a giggle with a hiccup.

“Yeah, I guess you listen.”

“I do and I’m Gerard…Way.” He smiled.

“I’m guessing you like Blackflag?” He said pointing to my hoodie. I nodded.

“And I’m guessing you like The Misfits.” He nodded.

“Well…tell me about yourself!” He said with a big cheesy grin.

“Well, I’m 17, birthday’s 9th of April, I love music and art. I have a brother named Mikey, I live in my basement, I am straight and I am scared of needles.” I finished.

“Cool, well my birthday’s on Halloween, I also love music, I suck at art. I have no siblings and my Mum and Dad have split up and that’s why I am here and not at my old Catholic school. I am bi and not Catholic and I am scared of spiders and enclosed spaces.” He finished.

“Quiet now! I am going to place a mirror in front of you all and you are going to draw yourself. A self-portrait. This will be part of your folio for you exam at the end of this year, so good luck.” Ms. Grant interupted us.

As she placed the mirror in front of me and Frank I looked at myself and cringed. I hate what I look like. I’m a fat ugly faggot. Well that’s what everybody else says, so it must be true. Oh no my eyes are stinging. I rubbed my eyes quickly and took out a pencil.

“Wow Gerard! That’s amazing!” Frank exclaimed near the end of the lesson.

“Thanks. “ I mutter. I look at the drawing and cringe again. It’s a not too bad looking boy. Can’t be me.

“Wish I could draw that well.” Frank said, disappointment in his voice.

“Let me see,” I say and he leans back giving me a full view of his drawing. “Not bad Frank. You got your hair and piercings really well, I think you just need work on your eyes and nose.” I smile and he smiles back.

“Thanks!” And he hugged me.

“Yo! Fags! Knock it off will ya!” Cameron shouted, the worst bully of all in my year. Frank pulled out of the hug and gave me a sheepish smile.

“Sorry.” He whispered and went back to shading his hair. I looked back at mine and frowned, it looked nothing like me! I looked in the mirror. Shoulder length hair that looked greasy and un-washed, eyes that looked like black holes apart from the hazel, thin pale lips and nearly white pale skin. Ugly, pathetic, useless. All these words whirled inside my head until the bell finally rung and I flew out my seat with my drawing. I went straight to my locker, taking out my iPod and turning on Green Day full blast.

When I got home I went straight to my room locking it and dumping my bag on my bed. I slouched against it with the picture I had drawn in my hands. I just stared at it, wanting it to be me. Wishing I could have the good looks Billie Joe or Trè Cool or…or Frank have. I ripped the picture up into a million pieces and cried into my knees, which were pulled up to my face.
Sign up to rate and review this story