Categories > Original > Drama > Hum A Bird's Song

Chapter 2

by Zexion_Number_VI 2 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-02 - Updated: 2011-05-02 - 1033 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

I walked down the hall to last period (Russian lit.) and was confronted by Penelope and her crew. Stupid bitch never knew when to fucking stop.

"What do you want?" I demanded. "You here to beat me now? Now that all of the teachers are around?"

"Why did Michael stand up for you?" she growled.

"I have no fucking idea," I growled and stormed past her.

I really had no idea why he would. He was just like all of the others. He was an asshole and I was an extremist. Two completely different, but totally alike, kinds of people. He was the pretty boy of the school. And Penelope was the top dog and practically ran the place, just because her mom owned about half of the entire fucking school! Then, I saw that poor boy from earlier getting beat up. I couldn't let him get beat up.

"Goddamn it," I sighed, dropped my bag, and ran over, spinning around the leader of the group and punching him right in the jaw. I looked at the boy and saw him now curled up, crying. I forced his head up and looked at the shiner. "Ah man. Sorry about them..." Only then did I notice that it was Michael and his posse. Dammit! I grabbed the kid and pulled him down the hall to where I grabbed my bag and dragged him into an empty classroom. "Stay low."

He nodded and I went back out. I punched Michael. I actually fucking punched him! I was fucked. Screwed. Doomed. Dead meat. When Penelope found out, I was pulp. Though, that was a good thing for me. Bad thing for the kid. I had thrown my bag down beside the boy and left. I went up to Michael as he stood shakily. He glared at me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" he shouted.

By this time, all of the students in the halls and all of the teachers were watching intently. I may have been the emo bitch, but I was just as tall as the quarterback.

"I was thinking you should leave the poor kid alone," I snarled.

I could feel my eyes and face flushing with rage. I'd been in a lot of fights before, but now was different. My ex-best friend. More like my ex-boyfriend considering how much we were together.

"He's an emo boy!" Michael growled.

"And I'm an emo chick, doesn't mean you go around and beat up every faggot down the line, does it?" I yelled.

"Wow, so you're admitting to being a lesbian?" Michael laughed.

"You don't know what I am or what I've got in my pants, bucko!" I grinned and he gasped, immediately ceasing laughter. "For all you fucking know, I could just be a very convincing cross-dresser!"

Distantly, I heard some students cheering for me.

"So, you are a lesbian!" he cackled once more.

"I could be," I said softly. "I don't know. Maybe I'll just, like, oh I dunno...rape your girlfriend tonight and find out!"

That did it. He was pissed off as hell. He wanted to hit me. He wanted to so fucking bad, so I just smirked. I took his place and punched him right in his stupid-ass face. I could suddenly hear people chanting my name as I pinned down the star athlete and beat him. Blood was covering my hands as I did, but he kept trying to fight back. I just kept on and on. Everything was black. Is that what they call blind rage? Only when I was forced off of him by the principal and my dad could I see again. Dammit Dad. You ruined it. I looked down at a very very bloody teenage boy, but he was still conscious. I wasn't scared of what I had done. As a matter of fact, I was kind of happy. Check that. I was the happiest I had been in my entire life!

I sat in the office, right outside where my parents were meeting with Principal Simmons. I had my elbows resting on my knees and my head between my arms. I was hiding my smile. I was still going to that rave. Hell, I bet my parents were going to kick me out. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw an entire group of scene kids. And then some nerds and a few regular-ish kids. My eyes widened.

"He-hello..." I said.

"You're our hero!" one of the scene girls exclaimed.

"Ezra adores you!" another squealed.

"Whoa whoa whoa, wait," I said, waving my hands. "The kid I forced to stay in the abandoned classroom while I kicked Michael's ass?"

"Yeah, me," a boy said and emerged from the large group of kids. "Thank you, Fallynn."

"Yeah, no prob," I sighed and returned to the way I was sitting.

"Listen, Miss Foster," the first little scene girl started, "there's a rave tonight in the abandoned movie store. We were wondering-"

"Already planned on going, thanks," I interrupted.

"Great!" the second girl squeaked. "See you there!"

I stuck out my thumb and then heard them running off. All except one, who stayed and sat beside me.

"Could you walk me home?" Ezra asked. I sighed and nodded, standing up. "Wait, wait, wait. What about the parental meeting?"

"Screw them," I snapped. "Let's go, scene boy."

He bounded up and walked beside me. We strode across the parking lot and toward the street. We both stepped out onto the street, without looking, but I stopped when I heard the car. When I saw it going for him. And I mean litterally going for him, I jumped out and tackled him, forcing him to the other side. The car narrowly missed. I lifted up and looked back and then to the boy.

"You...saved my life..." he gasped, eyes as big as a manga hero.

Then, he pulled me down and forced his mouth against mine. My eyes were then as big as the manga hero's. He rolled me over and stared into my eyes.

"You're so beautiful..." he whispered.

I watched as his eyes flashed glowing pink. He couldn't be...
Sign up to rate and review this story