Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars

Dance Or Die

by chem_x 0 reviews

Jared Leto is in trouble when his fiancée forces him into dance lessons with a woman from his past.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-05-07 - Updated: 2011-05-07 - 2991 words

0Unrated
Remember that Choice of Stories I did ages ago? Here's the best received story, hope you like it. Rating and Reviewing is muchly loved and appreciated. :)


“DANCE LESSONS?! I don’t need bloody dance lessons!” Jared yelled, thrusting his arms out dramatically.
April pouted and crossed her arms, “You have two left feet Jared, and I will not have that at my wedding.”
“Our wedding.” He corrected stubbornly.
April raised her eyebrow, “I don’t see you arranging anything Jared.”
“I’m working.” He hissed, “I’m always working! You knew what was going to happen! I told you I would be working!”
April slammed her hands down on the counter-top of her kitchen, “I didn’t realise it meant I would have to be home constantly waiting for you to get back.”
“I’m not forcing you to stay in!” He shouted down at her.
She stormed towards the closet, swiping her jacket like an angry dog with a piece of meat, “Fine, I’m leaving.”

“One- two- three- two- two- three…” Margaret muttered, dancing blindly. Her eyes were huge because of her thick rim glasses that hung at her nose. She was petite and old, wearing wedged heels with a pink knit cardigan and a long navy skirt.
Jared was watching her feet inventively, trying to lead her like she kept saying to him, “Lead dear!”, “Dear, you’re not leading,” and “Jared, why am I leading?” were her favourite phrases to use with Jared, he wasn’t easy to teach. When his fiancé said he couldn’t dance Maggie assumed that meant that he couldn’t get in time with the music. It was more like teaching a child how to waltz.
“Maggie, who’s she?” Jared asked casually, using his head to point the way.
Maggie pushed back her glasses and squinted, “Oh that’s Lola.”
“Really?” Jared raised his eyebrow; the girl didn’t look like a Lola.
“Yep, she was an expensive little thing.”
Jared raised his eyebrows at her, “Right…”

As Jared pulled his shiny black shoes off, Lola took the dance floor with her partner, he looked like he was being forced by his wife to learn how to dance as well but he was making much more progress.
“One- Two- One- Two- Twist- Spin- One- Two.”
Jared could hear Lola saying sharply, she looked like she was getting bored of being lead by the balding man.
Jared cleared his throat loudly; the man tilted Lola back and got a look at him. Lola spotted Jared, her cheeks went instantly pink, but she was glaring at him. That wasn’t the usual response Jared got, usually his fans were all over him when he spotted them.

“Thank you very much.” Lola smiled to the man; she had called him David earlier.
Jared walked over awkwardly to Lola; he wanted her to teach him to dance instead of Margret. She seemed to be much better at it all.
“Excuse me? Lola?” Jared said, she didn’t respond to him, “Em, I heard it costs more for you to teach but I would be willing to pay, Lola?”
She turned around; a pout was placed firmly on her lips, “Lola?” She whistled.
Small patters moved quickly towards her feet, a little fluffy dog panting happily around her heels. Picking up the little scrappy dog, she pushed it into Jared’s arms, patting the dog’s head lightly, “Good girl Lola.”
Jared bit into his lip as the dog sniffed and cuddled up to him, he felt embarrassed, utterly mortified.

“Can you dance yet?” April grunted.
Jared looked at his feet awkwardly, “Not just yet.”
“Have you made any progress Jared?” She groaned at him, sipping a glass of her favourite wine.
“I know what I’m doing wrong anyways…”
“Which is…?”
“Dancing.” He said bluntly, sneaking a quick swag of wine from his girlfriend’s glass.

“Excuse me, miss-” Jared began but she wasn’t listening; she was fixing the sleeves of her turtle neck sweater. She had been wearing one the last session also.
“Miss?”
“Melinda?” Maggie called from behind Jared.
“Yes Margaret?” She smiled, turning around and looking at her boss.
“This fine young man would like your attention.” She wheezed, looking up at Melinda through her specks.
Melinda groaned and folded her arms, “What is it sir?” she glowered.
“I was wondering if you would help me practise the dance, if you’re free.”
Melinda looked at Maggie- the old lady nodded encouragingly back.
“Fine.” She groaned.

“One- Two- Three- Two- Two- No, no! You must lead and I shall follow. Slow down please, perfect.” She said constantly looking passed Jared face.
“Did I do something to offend you?” Jared said exasperated.
She pouted at him, “I used to be your PA.”
Jared began to move more stiffly now, he was never the nicest to the PAs that had worked for him. “Em, did I fire you?”
“No, I quit.” She said in a rough voice.
“Why?” Jared asked, trying to make sense of everything.
Melinda let go of his hands, “You threw scalding water at me.” She looked him in the eyes now. His usual charms were wiped clear off his face as she glared at him with dark blue eyes, her eyes were almost black.
“I think I remember you now.” He panted, almost nervous around the girl; he did in fact remember her. She was PA number seven, Shannon and Tomo thought she was lovely but Jared was constantly yelling at her- if it was any other PA they would have been fired weeks before for incompetence but Melinda was just lovable.
“I’m glad you remember.” She scolded sarcastically.

“I’m not going back!” Jared yelled at his fiancé.
She sat pushing her long blonde hair, she looked bored and uninterested. “You are going back.”
“There is nothing in this world you can give me to make me go back!” He insisted, scoffing down a banana as he shuffled around the gleaming kitchen.
“Jared Leto, this is for the wedding, I will not have you stumbling around the dance floor like a fool.”
“Why does it matter if I do or not? It's our wedding! We can do whatever the fuck we want!” He shouted, tossing the banana skin into the bin and walking out of the room before April turned the waterworks on against him, he could hear her sniffling behind him.
“Jared, please...” She said quietly as he turned to walk upstairs to the gym.
He glared down at his feet, he was still wearing his dance shoes and he could feel the blisters either side of his feet. “Fine.” He said sharply, not looking back.

Jared walked confidently into the studio, catching his reflection in the mirrors facing him and glaring at himself. He felt like a criminal and a beast trying to befriend a gentle artist, the nasty conflict turning her into a lost soul. Maggie walked up with a smile on her lips, the folds of her skin unusually high and chirpy. “It's such a lovely day that we're going to dance outside.” She said, ushering him back out the door and onto the roof of the building.
There was around 18 of them altogether and most of them already striped off into string tops and shorts. The sun was splitting stones around them and he could feel the heat rising beneath his feet.
Maggie clapped her hands and gained attention from everyone around her, Melinda was beside her wearing her usual turtle neck jumper with a black skirt and her heels. She had huge brown sunglasses hiding her eyes and her cheeks were red from the heat. Jared questioned her stupidity about wearing such heavy clothes in the heat, it was like a day in a desert. Jared had already taken off his t-shirt and rolled up his trouser legs, around him the women were getting a good glance passed their husbands and partners. “Pair up!” Maggie shouted, making way to a huge bustle of movement towards Jared.
“Oh Melinda!” Jared crowed, hoping she would save him before he got mugged by the sweaty women.
She only nodded in return and walked gracefully over, her skirt whooshing at her sides and her heels clicking almost silently across the flat rooftop.
She stood in front of him emotionless, Jared could see sweat sprinkled across her forehead as she blinked at him. “Are you not too warm...?” He asked, raising an eyebrow and scratching his toned stomach.
“I'm fine.” She muttered, raising her arms to his and waiting for Maggie to put on the music.
“Class, we are going to dance to something new, a request from one of the partners of a student.” The old woman cooed.
Jared gulped, he knew it was April, she always wanted to interfere and poke around Jared's life in simple little motions. “I don't remember a moment...”
Jared watched Melinda's mouth drop simultaneously to his. “Are you kidding me?” She muttered.
Jared sighed and rolled his eyes, grabbing her hands angrily. “Remember, you have to lead.” She muttered, keeping her head to the side so he couldn't see her face properly.
Jared felt his body move smoothly to his song, he felt full of himself but comfortable. He wrote this song to be enjoyed and make you feel good and it made him feel great. The sun was shining on his back as he moved with Melinda, he held her firmly, close but not too close. He looked at the drips of sweat dribbling down her forehead, “You should take off your jumper if you're too warm...” Jared suggested.
She shook her head violently, “Just keep dancing.” She whispered, panting quietly.
Jared didn't argue, he was enjoying himself, he felt comfortable where he was. He wished it was April dancing with him for a moment and then remembered that she wouldn't be letting him dance to his own song in public.
“Yanno, I'm sorry about what I did to-” Jared started, noticing quickly that Melinda had stopped dancing, she stood still and panted, her whole body trembling. Her glasses fell off suddenly as her body flopped within his hands.
“Me-me!” Maggie shouted, scurrying over with her hands gob-smacked to her face. “Carry her in quick, quick!” She squealed.
Jared froze for a moment before scooping her up off the floor. “Class, continue dancing.” Maggie said, running in behind Jared.

Maggie carried a bottle of ice cold water in with her, throwing it over Melinda quickly, waking her up with a gasp. She sat up panting, her eyes were wide in their sockets and her body still shaking. “Help me take her jumper off.” Maggie said sadly, putting the lid back onto the water bottle. Jared simply nodded and started pulling her hands out of the blue turtle-neck’s sleeves.
For a moment Jared didn't take notice on her purple blotchy skin, thinking it was a light t-shirt. Melinda was in tears, her body trembling as Maggie lifted the jumper over her head. “What the f-?” Jared yelped, looking at her multicoloured skin, it looked like she had bruised everywhere on her torso.
Melinda glared up at him, “Go. Away.” She said through gritted teeth.
“What happened?!” Jared started, but it clicked. It was his fault.
“Go away.” She panted, Maggie was pushing a glass of water and a blanket to her assistant.
Jared's mouth dropped, “I did that to you...” He mumbled, feeling her deathly glare hitting him like a truck.
He shook his head and walked away in disbelief, he was a monster.

April screamed at Jared, tossing plates his direction, “I'm never going back!” He hissed, screaming back just as loud. April was beginning to get on his nerves. In fact, she was passed that, she never used to be like that. “April.” Jared said stiffly, “Get out of my house, it's over.”
A wave of relief hit Jared, he meant it, he was glad he said it, there was no doubt in his words. “Eh-what?” April muttered, suddenly quiet, “Honey you don't mean that...”
“Get out of my house.”

Jared's weeks went quietly afterwards, he never dared enter the dance studio again, in case he had to see Melinda's face again, he couldn't live with the guilt of it, he couldn't believe that he had done that to her. He didn't know why he did it, he couldn't remember, he didn't want to remember. All he could do was sit in silence and wish that it had never happened. He didn't miss April, he missed having someone to hold in the bed and someone that would greet him when he entered a room but he didn't miss her. She was everything Jared didn't want in a girl. She was conceited and cared more about appearance than love. Jared was never about that, he wanted someone to hold and to love, he wanted to be loved but he was a monster and monsters could never be loved.
The singer slowly began to neglect himself, his meals began to get smaller and his band mates grew worried and were excluded from his life. He hardly ever answered the phone and would only answer the door to Shannon and Tomo and even then he wouldn't speak, he was wrapped in a cloth of self-hatred and denial.

On a day of particular self-loathing there was a knock on Jared's door. He didn't know who it was, Shannon was in his mother's and Tomo was gone on a journey of peace and balance in the centre of the desert. “Hello?” Jared said quietly.
Melinda stood tall outside his door, a purple jumper with a grey scarf wrapped around her. “You're being stupid.” was all she said to him.
Jared blinked at her, he thought he was dreaming, he was convinced that it wasn't real at that he should take advantage of it. For the fun he could never have when he was in reality.
He grabbed her by the scarf and pulled her with great force into the hallway, slamming the door shut behind him. He felt crazy, beast-like and dangerous. “Jared?!” Melinda asked as he stalked around her with the scarf still in his hands. “What the hell are you doing?”
He pounced towards her, shoving his tongue down her throat and gripping her side, her eyes narrowed as she felt his slimy tongue slide down her neck, her instinct was to bite him with every piece of strength she had.
“FUCK!” Jared shouted, jumping away from her, his eyes red from lack of sleep.
The pair glared at each other, a growing feeling of hatred between them, Jared had woken up and knew that she was responsible for the blood he could taste in his mouth.
“Why are you here Melinda?” He spluttered, wiping his mouth hastily on his arm.
“Maggie told me what you were doing and I wanted to tell you to stop being a whiny little shit and grow a pair of balls.” She said, her words oozing truth and detest.
Jared stomped towards her, “Who do you think you are, coming into my home and telling me to grow a pair of balls, well?” He shouted into her face.
She wiped some of his spit off her cheek, looking bored and apathetic, “I'm the girl you scalded with boiling water, or don't you remember?”
Jared was a foot away from her face, they were eye to eye, heart to heart and hate to hate. He could feel his insides churning to hurt her. “You're nothing but a whore and a bitch.” He said, pulling the words for a dark place in his mind. “You lead me on, and you deserved everything you got.” His teeth grinded off each other, he remembered swiftly why he had decided to throw scalding water at her, he recalled the same feeling of hate and vengeance.
“I was never a whore Jared.” She said stiffly back to him, walking towards him, making him step back, “You were the cheating, lying cunt who cheated on me with that feathery slut.” She said.
Jared cracked his knuckles at his side, anger filling his insides like it never did before, he couldn't control himself. All his limbs were in his inner-animal's control.

The pair hurled each other against walls, shoving and forcing each other around the house, knocking over everything in their way and causing the mother of all messes to decorate the rooms. Melinda sat on Jared's hips, detesting every touch they shared but feeling too pleasured to stop it.
Jared slid his hands up her thighs, she felt a strong buzz of passion in her body but her stomach tensed, she knew what was coming and she wanted it but her body wouldn't accept it. She had hated him for too long. She nibbled down the length of his neck and pressed her lips to his body. He felt the electricity in her kiss, his body was burning with frustration now. He forced her further up on his torso, pushing her closer and making her hotter but she slid her hands to his chest and pushed away. She reached her toes gracefully to the floor and pulled down her skirt with one hand and holding Jared to the wall with the other. Her palms were sweaty and Jared's chest was warm beneath her touch.
In a moment she seemed to have vanished. A quick draft of wind and the slam of the front door was all the kept it from being silent. His heart was pumping in his ribcage and he oozed sweat. He could no longer taste the blood in his mouth but Melinda's warmth remained and made his body tingle. He was left without thought, only temptation and guilt, and fell to his knees.

*********
Part two is in progress, thanks if you've read it and hope you enjoyed . :)
Sign up to rate and review this story