Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Life Is Full of False Hopes

A Lose-Lose Situation

by Wicked_Lovely 2 reviews

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry it took me so long to update. New one will be coming as soon as I have time.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-05-07 - Updated: 2011-05-08 - 2129 words

1Moving
I woke up to screaming outside of my door. My whole body was sore, and all I wanted to do was get away from the screaming that was making my head pound. I opened my eyes, and the sudden realization came that I was still on the floor. I looked over to my right, seeing that the mattress was within arms reach. I groaned, sitting up while rubbing my eyes. My back hurt like crazy, my head was throbbing slightly, my wrists and forearm had some fairly large bruises forming on them, black blue and purple seemed to be the color that most of my chest took, it felt like my ribs were digging into my organs, my skin clinging to the bones. I forced myself to get up, walking into the washroom to look at the damage that was my face.
If I thought I had looked bad yesterday, I was seriously mistaken. It was no match as to what I looked like now. My lip was busted, my eye swollen and blue, there was a cut above my eyebrow, and it almost looked like my nose was broken. At least there was no blood all over it, it was just cut up. I quickly combed through my hair, attempting to make it look slightly more presentable. Maybe I could go and buy some medication to reduce the swelling of my destroyed face.
I walked out of the washroom, finding the little money that I had to spend. It wasn't even enough for a fucking cup of coffee. I groaned, sliding down the wall. I couldn't fuck someone with a beat up face, no one would pay. I frowned, changing into some tattered clothing. I had to make money somehow. I picked up my violin case, putting everything that was important to me in my messenger bag before slinging it over my shoulder. I didn't want everything that I owned to be destroyed, and I was sure that if I left it here, it would be as torn up as my body. Broken, beaten, and tossed to the side of the road.
I jumped out the window, making my way to the music shop. At the very least, I could talk to someone I could relate to. Maybe even beg for money on the side of the road.
I walked into the shop, Comet was sitting at the same table she had been two days ago, in the same chair really. There was a different boy working the cash-register, and he was actually helping a girl in her teens who was buying a video game. The same crappy music was playing, and the smell of coffee was like a fog that beckoned me. Of course I didn't have the money for it, nor would I for a while. I sat down across from Comet and she smiled at me.
"Nice to see you actually came back." She said with a toothy grin. She was such a sweet heart, how could I possibly deny smiling back at her?
"Did you really think I wouldn't?" I asked with a smile.
"It looks like you were hit with a frying pan." She said with a laugh. Her laugh was infectious, and soon enough I started laughing as well.
"I feel like I was hit by one." I said with a smile. She looked down at my violin case.
"What do you play?" She asked with a smile. I picked it up, putting it on the table before opening it. She looked like a little kid, her eyes glowing at the sight of the clean and shiny instrument. "It's beautiful. Will you play something for me?" She asked looking up at me and then back down at it. I noticed the cash register worker sigh, shaking his head as he stood alone. He had red choppy hair, bright green eyes that had x's over them, and was wearing a pair of pants that had the Union Jack on one leg, and safety pins down the side of the other. And enough piercings and tattoos to last a lifetime, even though he was roughly nineteen.
"Sure." I said with a smile as I pulled it out of it's case, pushing my chair away from the table enough to make sure that it wouldn't get in the way. I played a quick intricate song before putting it away.
"That was amazing! Where did you learn to play like that?" She asked with a kiddish grin.
"I taught myself. I've only had lessons for one instrument and that was the piano. Three years after I started playing at that." I said with a smile, proud that I could make someone else happy just by the songs I could play.
"Shit, and I thought my generation was talented." She said with a laugh. I laughed with her, and then she stopped, frowning.
"When was the last time you ate?" She asked looking worried. I bit my busted lip, thinking about what she had asked. I wished that my mind wasn't so blurry, I could barley remember anything.
"Three days maybe." I said looking in her eyes. Her face turned to one of worry.
"Do you have any money to buy something to eat?" She asked. I shook my head. "Come on, I know a way we can get you some money." She said standing. Today she was wearing tattered blue jeans again, and a tie-dyed tee, her greying hair pulled into a ponytail that had a few flowers in it. I followed her out of the shop, making sure I had all of my belongings.
She reminded me a lot of my grandma and grandpa. I used to spend all of my summers with them in the suburbs from birth till I was eight. My grandmother always gardened and played different instruments. And when my grandpa wasn't allowed to eat sugar anymore, he would buy me a shitload of sweets to make up for him not being able to eat them. I remember sitting in the back yard eating watermelon on the swing that hung from the large oak tree that my grandma planted flowers, humming fairytales in song form while my grandpa cooked fresh fish on the grill.
She stopped in the middle of the park, smiling at me with a somewhat knowing look.
"What do we do now?" I asked slightly confused.
"Get out your violin, play a song that has words to go with it. Something fast and upbeat." She said with an overly large smile. I nodded, pulling out my violin while leaving the case open on the ground, playing a song I knew that she would know the words to. She quickly started to sing along, and after a few moments, I joined her. People walked by, some throwing in coins, others stopped to listen for a bit before tossing in a little bit of cash. Some just walked by and ignored us all together, to busy to care. We played for about an hour, eventually getting people to form a circle while they danced and sang along. It was some of the most fun I had had in over a year. I finished playing the last song with a smile on my face, watching as she gathered all of the money from the bags and gave some to the people who danced before putting the rest in my messenger bag.
"I can't take all of that." I said with a slight amount of shock. It was her idea, and she had stood by me the whole time to sing along.
"Ah, come on. You're the one who needs the money." I really wanted to argue with her and force her to at least take half of it, but decided that a compromise would be better.
"Then at least let me buy you lunch?" I asked and she laughed a little.
"You remind me so much of my grandson." She said as she picked up my violin case. "Just follow me, I know a grate place to eat." I nodded, following her with my messenger bag slung over my shoulder.
"What happened to your grandson?" I asked biting my bottom lip. Curiosity just had to get the better of me.
"Old lady Cancer took him. At such a young age too, he was only fifteen when he died. His father left his mother, and when his mum couldn't support her son, she gave him to me to raise. He was three when I took him in. Brilliant young boy, he was." She had tears in her eyes when she said this, though she was smiling the whole time.
"I'm sorry to here that." I said with a small frown. It was a terrible thing to have happened to such a sweet lady.
"What's your story? I mean, there has to be a reason I haven't seen you until recently." She said with a smile as we walked into the sit-down restaurant. She picked the booth and the waiter rushed over to us.
"Nice to see you again Sarah." He said with a smile. I attempted to read his name tag, but not having my glasses on made it somewhat difficult. I think the name on it was like, Jeff or something. "What can I get for you and your friend?" He asked with a smile. She ordered for both of us, and he walked away.
I started to tell her my story. "Not to long ago my family got in to a car crash, I watched all of them get hit by a giant trunk with a drunk driver in the front seat. They slammed into my sisters small car, my dad was dead by the time the ambulance arrived, and not to long after they made it my mom died. I sat by my sisters side for a few days until she flat lined. My only other family lives here. My moms sister, her husband, and her son." She was silent for a moment.
"That's horrible." I smiled a little shaking my head.
"You don't know the half of it." I muttered. The food came, and we munched while talking about random topics like bands, the government, and one of my favorites-grass. She really was a lot like my grandma and grandpa. We finished eating, me barley making a dint in my food where as she ate all of hers, I paid, and then we parted ways. I figured I might as well search for the school I was going to have to go to, searching for it for at least a half hour until I found it.
It was a large two story building with a huge yard, one that had at least two fields for every type of sport and a large fence surrounding it. It had large windows so you could see into the stairwell, but all of the windows that would allow you to see into the classrooms were thin and short, making it to where you couldn't see into them. As if that wasn't enough, they had small bars covering them, making a sort of thick mesh that you could easily see through but couldn't get through. Right next to the new expensive school was an old public one, made of eroding bricks and rusted metal. I have to say, the old cheap school was a lot more appealing than the expensive private one that stood next to it. The older one had three fields for sports, certain fields having multiple versions of goals so that they would double as a second or third kind of sports field in one. I wasn't looking forward to spending any time in the building that stood tall and proud in front of me, but I knew that if I were to skip I would probably get beaten. Then again, if I went to school, I would still probably get beaten. Either way it's a lose-lose situation for me. I started to feel sick, and ended up emptying the contents of my stomach in a trashcan by the gate of the private school. I sighed, walking away from the buildings.
It seemed it was always a lose-lose situation for me.


~~~~~

Thanks to PartyPoison for reviewing last chapter. And I know it's been...weeks. I'm sorry I'm such a fail, but the good news is one of my friends and I finished six dares in one day. But no one cares about my social life, and I feel like I'm just ranting at this point. La-dee-da-dee-da. Okay, I'm going to end this before it gets to long. And before I pass out. Yay for staying up for 48 hours! I'll update sometime soon. Promise. Okay. Now I'm done. Bye.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story