Categories > TV > Doctor Who

In The Dark

by NightmareRose 1 review

AU: Her father was a drunk and her mother was a drug-addict. These are the things she never told the Doctor. Just this once she'd let her imaginary friend stay in the dark about this little fact.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-05-09 - Updated: 2011-05-09 - 409 words - Complete

0Unrated
In The Dark

Summary: AU: Her father was a drunk and her mother was a drug-addict. These are the things she never told the Doctor. Just this once she'd let her imaginary friend stay in the dark about this little fact.

A/N: Ok, this drabble about Amy's past is totally AU. If you don't like, please turn back now! Now on to the story.


She carried on this fantasy that she couldn't remember her mother and father, only remembering that she had an aunt that always took care of her. Though Amy remembered her mother and father, of course she did. But she'd let the Doctor think that her parents disappeared into the crack in her wall and that they weren't rotting in some prison somewhere, charged with many counts of child abuse against them. She had no trouble remembering those two and a half years with her parents exceptionally well.

She remembered how at the age of five her father would come home pissed, wasted, whatever the word and hit her till she was black and blue all over. She remembered how her mother would toss her a pill of some kind each day and told her it was a vitamin, that she should take it so that she wouldn't stress her mummy out. She remembered the days when she went hungry, her stomach screaming for food, because her parents were too strung out on something to go to the store or to order something in. She remembered the nights she slept outside in the yard because her parents would lock her out of the house when she came home from school five minutes late.

There were just so many things she remembered about her parents that she just wished that she had forgotten. She wished that they had disappeared into the crack in her wall and be forever erased. Maybe then she wouldn't remember them so much and so often or the things that they had done to her. Maybe then she wouldn't wake up scared, trying to figure out if she screamed out during the night and woke the Doctor accidently. But, no she didn't have that luxury of forgetting her creators, but she'd let the Doctor think that the crack in her wall took them away from her.


A/N: Wow, ok. I hoped you liked this AU version of Amy's Past. It had been cooking in my brain for a while now.
-NightmareRose
Sign up to rate and review this story