Categories > Original > Poetry

Of A Lesbian Obsessed With A Boy

by westie 1 review

I've always felt strange around men, especially because I've come out recently. But there's one boy in particular who I can't stop writing about.

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-05-10 - Updated: 2011-05-10 - 387 words

0Unrated
Please hold me close to your heart, because darling, you know I just can’t bear to be apart.

You left your scent on my pillow and now it’s hard to sleep.

I breathe when I sleep and I sweat when I dream about you loving me still, but there is no comfort in my ceiling when I wake. Every emotion I feel I have to fake.

Some days there are tears on my face because I’ve been dreaming at such a fast pace.

My door opens and closes throughout the night. I never know where it is I’m going. Will you be my light?

Your lantern shows the way but sometimes I stray and leave your path behind. Don’t lose me, or I will never be found again, not even in the depths of your mind.

I'm in the proccess of becoming something you could love until the end of time.

Go get a life so you can stay out of mine.

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain, and you’re not here, but you’re always in my head.

These keys are sticky and I’m singing to you in each and every one of my dreams.

I wish I could play the guitar, then we could be together. But you broke your promise and you broke my heart.

I sing and I scream till my lungs fall out, but still my name never leaves your mouth. These words flow crazily across my mind, but it’s hard to write in 4/4 time.

You never said anything was wrong with me, but I knew all along what you’re longing to be.

Yeah, I know you’re glad to be rid of me, but one day I promise I’ll make you see that I can be just as good as she can be.

I’ve never known the meaning of any of your words, and I don’t suppose I’ll start now.

Your breath ghosts along the back of my neck, but can I trust you not to bite me again? If I pick up the pen, random things seem to spill out and I know you don’t want that, do you.

You like things to be quiet? Well, I’m as loud as it gets.
Sign up to rate and review this story