Categories > Movies > High School Musical

The New Girl

by hsmfan1011 0 reviews

When Jessica Fisher moves from Santa Fe to Albuquerque, she's in for the ride of her life.

Category: High School Musical - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-05-10 - Updated: 2011-05-10 - 721 words

0Unrated

A/N: This chapter thingy doesn't have much High School Musical-ness in it, but the next chapter will- I hope.


CHAPTER ONE


I stood in my now empty bedroom, memories flooding my mind. I had lived my whole life here, my early childhood for example. This house was the house that I had first walked in, and it was going to a bunch of strangers that I didn't even know, and it was all because of the death.

Ever since my father had died, my mother had gone wacko. She thought that this house held too many memories of him- and that's why we're moving to Albuquerque.

True- Albuquerque was only half a day's drive away from our old home in Santa Fe,but it was a big change for me. I would be going to a new school for 7th grade just when the middle school thing had just started to work out for me. I would be leaving all my friends.

My mother suddenly interrupted my thoughts.


"Jessica, honey, hurry up! The movers won't wait!!" she screamed up the stairs. I sighed. I had no choice but to follow her and hope for the best.

I got into the backseat of the car, next to my brother, MacKenzie, who had his earphones all the way up to 100 and texting. Typical behavior of the "exotic" species of 15 year old boys. Something that I will never understand.

In front of us, the movers' truck started to drive away and we followed, at a steady 30 miles per hour.

I turned around and looked at our old house until it vanished and wondered why it was such a beautiful day.

*******************************
As we headed south to Albuquerque, the sky grew as black as the midnight sky until the heavens poured out their "tears". Lightning struck. And thunder followed like a tremendous applause from heaven.

It was like this until we reached 1673 Starvue Ct. at about 4 PM.

My mom turned around and saw a distasteful look on my face.

"Don't worry, honey, you'll love it here! There are two children next door who are about you're age-in fact, they're twins!" she said, trying to be as sane and kind as possible.

I looked warily to the house to the left, which somehow looked more beautiful and Victorian-ish than our house. Obviously, some very, very rich kids lived around here.
*******************************

The next day, two kids could be seen staring out the window, looking at Jessica.

"Ugh, Ryan!!! Look at that girl who just moved in!" scoffed a blonde haired girl. "She's wearing last year's colors-blue."

The boy named Ryan looked down at his blue polo shirt he had on. He sighed.

"Chill out, Sharpay! She's new around here- maybe her mom forced he into wearing that!" he said, trying to sound nice and appealing to his sister at the same time- an everlasting mission.

"Two days before school starts?" Sharpay asked. "Get real, Ryan. That's impossible." she glanced out at Jessica. "I hate football anyway,"

"She's playing soccer, Shar." Ryan corrected.
*******************************

Two days later, it was time for another year of school to begin for me at East Middle School.

I got up at 6:35 AM, which meant I had 25 minutes till the time all students were supposed to arrive at on the first day.

After I got done, my mom and I got into the car and left for school.

When I got to school, I walked through the Commons (lunchroom) and headed towards the 7th grade wing and searched for the name 'Jessica Fisher' above a locker. When I found it, I spun in the combination I had scribbled down on notebook paper and opened my locker.

"Hi!" I heard a person say. I turned my head slightly to the left and saw a tall, brown haired girl.

"Hi," I responded.

"I haven't seen you before. Are you new here?" she asked.

"Yes. My name's Jessica Fisher,"

"I'm Abby Gold," Abby responded.

I watched two people walk towards us. One was a girl, dressed in pink and sparkly material. The other was a boy, dressed in a button up shirt, a beret and jeans with a belt.

"Were we supposed to dress up today?" I asked, suddenly feeling under-dressed.

"No, Sharpay and Ryan always dress like that," Abby lowered her voice as they walked by.


Sign up to rate and review this story