Categories > Movies > Once Upon a Time in Mexico > Going Home

Chapter 5

by Nuada 0 reviews

See chapter 1.

Category: Once Upon a Time in Mexico - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-05-13 - Updated: 2011-05-13 - 365 words - Complete

0Unrated
Marie-Anne had supper ready. She was on her way upstairs when she heard her son scream. She ran up the rest of the stairs and into her son's room. She didn't wake him right away. He was clearly having a nightmare but she hoped he would calm down. To her relief he didn't scream again. He curled into a ball and whimpered. She waited for the whimpering to quiet down and then she lightly tapped his shoulder.

The minute her hand made contact with his shoulder he was up. His hand clamped down on her wrist and he twisted her arm and somehow managed to pull it behind her back. She steadied her voice. "Sheldon. It's your mother. Let me go."

He instantly released her arm. "I'm sorry. Force of habit."

"Don't worry about it." She smiled, even though she knew he couldn't see it.

His facial features tightened and it took every ounce of control that he had not to grab his head and scream.

Marie-Anne could read the pain on his face. Sheldon never did like taking medications of any kind. But she could see that whether he liked it or not he was going to have to be medicated and more than likely on a regular basis for a while. "Open your hand."

He opened his hand she had to steady it with her own and she had to help him hold the glass of water. After his medication, despite his stubborn nature and the grumbling she assisted him down the stairs.

During supper Sands knew of another reason why being blind sucked. Every meal had the potential for being a disaster. Marie-Anne sat and watched as her 26-year-old son struggled with the simple task of feeding himself. There were times when he'd give up and ask for her help, but most of the time, he would hold on to his dignity and do it himself.

Marie-Anne more often then not would leave him to his own devices. She knew that he was hurting, but she had heard about Jena breaking up with him and she knew why. She wished that she could help her son but she had no idea how.
Sign up to rate and review this story