Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~She's....Being An Idiot....~*~

by Rebel009 2 reviews

Chapter Three

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 1892 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three

Inuyasha raced into the entrance of the downtown mall. He was fifteen minutes late, and there was no doubt in his mind that Sango would be furious with him. He decided to look towards the food court, their most common meeting place. He sprinted down the rows of stores to the bottom floor. The entire building was four stories, the main floor being floor two and the first floor being the food court. Inuyasha was running so fast he almost didn't see a tall girl with long black in a loose ponytail and cold blue eyes walk in front of him. He stopped abruptly and just barely missed colliding head on with the girl.

"Watch where your going, wench!!" he cried. The girl glared at him and a small shudder raced down his spine.

"Excuse me!! You watch were you're going jerk," she cried. He had seen this girl at school, Kikyo, she was one of the cheerleaders and also voted the school slut. It was rumored that she had slept with almost every jock, except for him and Miroku, thank God.

It was surprisingly how similar she and Kagome looked, and if one didn't know any better, they could mistake them for sisters. But Inuyasha could tell the difference, Kagome was so much better than Kikyo. Kagome was thinner and about a head shorter than himself, the perfect height. Kikyo wore clothes that revealed too much, while Kagome stuck with modest clothing that she felt comfortable in. Kikyo had pale skin which she covered with too much make up to make her look even more like a slut than she already was. Kagome's skin was perfectly tan and her face was naturally beautiful, she didn't need make up at all.

Kikyo saw Inuyasha staring at her and thought that he was admiring her. She started to look him over. He was wearing baggy blue jeans, a white undershirt, and a leather jacket. She started to smile seductively and walked over to the silent hanyou.

"Oh, you're Inuyasha aren't you. I've wanted to talk to you for, like, ever?" she said.

"Huh?" was his intelligent reply.

"Yea, your captain of the football team this year, aren't you? Funny, I haven't seen you hanging around with the other sport boys except for that Miroku." She giggled and put a hand on his strong chest. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow and quickly swatted her hand away as if it had burned.

"So I was just thinking that since I'm cheerleading captain again, that we should probably go to homecoming together or something. Besides it gives you a good reason to get away from that.." Kikyo was cut off by Sango and Miroku who were crying out for Inuyasha. He ignored Kikyo's attempts to hit on him and gave them his full attention.

"Inuyasha, thank God you're here." Miroku cried, panting for breath.

"What's the matter? And where's Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"That's what we wanted to tell you. She's.." Sango started but was interrupted by a crash coming from the stationary staircase that was between the third and fourth floor. Inuyasha's eyes widened in shock as he saw Kagome grinding down the silver banister with her roller blades, a video camera in her right hand. She launched off the end of the pole and skidded over the group. She had on black, fingerless skate gloves and her hair was pulled into a high ponytail with shades on the top of head.

"Being an idiot." Sango finished her sentence, shaking her head. Inuyasha noticed that Kagome was wearing the shirt he had given her last Christmas. It was dark green and had a black ring around the neck and the ends of the sleeves. The front of the shirt had a picture of a small girl holding a new stuffed bear while a boy had a new skateboard. On the back the little girl was walking away with the skateboard and the boy was laying in a heap, the bear laying beside him.

"What are you doing, Kags?" Inuyasha asked, grinning with complete amusement. She smirked.

"You know that project for English, that video journal...thingy? Well, I didn't want it to be boring so...," she started.

"So she decided to use the mall as her own personal skate park and is now in hot pursuit with a couple of mall narcs," Miroku finished.

"Oh, I lost them somewhere on the fourth floor," she said, glaring at Miroku. She turned back to Inuyasha and was surprised by the presence of the new girl. She smiled politely and held out her hand.

"Hi."

"Higurashi," the girl spat and slapped Kagome's hand away. Kagome raised her eyebrows and withdrew her hand.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" she asked.

"You should, I'm only the most popular girl in school, something you would know nothing about."

"Oh, right, your name is Kikyo, isn't it?"

"That's right, little girl," Kikyo then turned to Inuyasha. "This is what I mean, Inuyasha. You are always stuck hanging around with this worthless bitch whose someday going to get you in a lot of trouble." Kagome narrowed her eyes.

"You watch your mouth, slut." Sango growled, preparing to claw Kikyo's eyes out.

"Well, well, Higuarshi. It seems that you've found a way to make these people pity you. Well, I would tell them to watch out when their around you, like I said you could get people in a lot of trouble."

"What are you getting at, Kikyo?" Kagome asked suspiciously.

"Oh, I know all about your little step-father situation, how your pleas for a restraining order were denied by the court. I'm glad they could see through your lies." Kikyo laughed. Kagome started to shake, though she couldn't tell if it was anger or fear that what this bitch was telling her was true. Did the court truly think she was lying when she wanted a restraining order against Naraku. How could they, Inuyasha was her witness, he had seen her almost get beaten, how could they possibly think she was lying? Did that mean that there was no hope of getting away from this man?

"Believe me, the judge isn't buying that story one bit. So, there is no reason for you guys to pity her anymore, she can disappear into the shadows for all anyone cares. So Inuyasha, are you coming with me or not?" Kikyo asked, face smug in victory. Kagome stared at the floor, lost in thought.

'Is that all true? The court? My.... friends? Everything? It must be, how else would she know about Naraku? But does that mean Inuyasha does just hang around me for pity, Sango and Miroku too? Does everyone hate me that much, to lie to my face like that?' she asked herself. Suddenly she felt two arms wrap around her waist tightly and pulled her backwards into a strong chest.

Inuyasha was holding her, growling menacingly at Kikyo. Sango and Miroku were in front of her, glaring. 'What are they doing? If Kikyo is right, then why are they stickin' up for me?' Sango's fists were clenched at her side, trembling in rage.

"Who the hell do you think you are, Kikyo?" she screamed. Kikyo's eyes widened slightly.

Inuyasha's growling grew louder, his eyes in flames.

"I don't know how you know about Kagome's case with her step-father, but I swear I will find out. In the meantime, I suggest that you stay the fuck away from her, or I will personally rip your tongue out and wrap it around your neck. Now get the hell out my face, bitch," he snarled, hugging Kagome even closer. Kikyo gasped and then she glared at Kagome.

"Hmm... I guess you've got a little guard dog don't you Higurashi. No matter, he won't be staying around much longer, he'll realize sooner or later how worthless you truly are." she hissed. Inuyasha snapped.

"That's it. Get the hell out of here, now!!" he said, releasing the silent girl, and lunging towards Kikyo, only to be caught by Sango and Miroku. Kikyo smirked and walked away. Inuyasha began to calm himself down as soon as she was out of sight. He shook off the hold his friends had and turned back to Kagome. What he saw shocked him.

Kagome had taken of her skates, strapped them to her backpack, and pulled on her sneakers. She placed her gloves and camera in the bag and started walking away, head lowered to the ground. Inuyasha ran after her.

"Kagome, where are you going?" he called. She didn't turn around, she didn't answer. She just kept walking, eyes still glued to the floor. He ran, caught her by the wrist and spun her around to face him.

"What's wrong?" he asked. She shook her head.

"You don't have to worry about me anymore, Inuyasha. I'm sorry that I dragged you into my problems with my step-father. I'm gonna force any of you to stick with me. I'll get out of your way," she said, without looking up at his face.

Inuyasha was in shock. Did she actually believe what that bitch had just told her? Did she actually think that he didn't care about her at all? He was going to make sure that Kikyo never got within ten feet of Kagome again, but that was later. Right now, he had more important things. He pulled Kagome into a fierce hug and shook his head.

"Look, I don't know where Kikyo got all that crap, but it's not true. Don't you dare think that Sango, Miroku, and me don't care about you. Your not worthless, damn it. Don't go believing any of that shit you hear me? You know I care about you" he said. Kagome pulled back and looked into his eyes.

She looked over to Sango and Miroku who were nodding their heads in agreement. She suddenly felt extremely ashamed, ashamed that she had ever doubted the people she cared about the most, that she ever thought that they would leave her just because of what some girl said.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know why I thought that I just" she started, but Miroku interrupted.

"It's okay Kag. Look, don't worry. We're not gonna let Kikyo get near you again,"

"That's right. I'm seriously gonna kick her ass the next time I see that bitch," Sango snarled.

"Only after I get her first," Inuyasha added. Kagome smiled.

"So are we just gonna stand around here all day, or are we gonna see a movie?" Miroku asked. They started to walk toward the theater. Halfway there, Inuyasha's arm somehow made it's way across Kagome's shoulders, and she didn't mind.

(A/N: Okay, so how did you like it? I couldn't think of a really good way to make Kikyo the evil character, so I thought this would be the best way. I'm probably going to write myself into a rut eventually but I'm sure I figure out a way to tie it all together. If anyone has some ideas for this story, tell them to me and I'll gladly add them. Well, that's it for now, I have to get ready for some stupid concert that I'm in. How come no one tells me this until the hour before, honestly? I fell so untrusted. Well, bye for now!!)
Sign up to rate and review this story