Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~Miroku, If I Die...I'm Blaming You....~*~

by Rebel009 10 reviews

Chapter Thirteen

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 2441 words

2Hot
Chapter 13

Inuyasha was sitting in the hospital waiting room, watching one of the TV's. Kagome was resting on his lap, her head tucked underneath his chin, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist. It had been nearly an hour since she had been checked by the doctors. They had cleaned the glass shards from the window out of her skin, given her a tetanus shot, and other such evil procedures. Needless to say, exhaustion and the loss of adrenaline had finally caught up with the poor girl, who was now dead to the world.

Inuyasha hugged the sleeping girl tighter to his chest and kissed her forehead as he watched the local news channel. Of course, the incident at the shrine was the top story. Sango and Miroku had called his cell earlier to make sure everyone was alright, and Miroku had agreed to pick up his motorcycle from the shrine and drop it off at the apartment.

Sango had also informed them that Souta was supposed to be staying at her house with Kohaku for the next two weeks while Mrs. Higurashi and Grandpa were out in America so he wouldn't have to miss so much school. He was going to give Kagome her video camera and then ask for a ride to their house. Of course, he had never planned on getting caught in a house fire.

Souta had been fine, a few minor cuts and burns, but fine. The hospital staff had called Mrs. Higurashi's cellphone just before their flight boarded, so she and grandpa had immediately rushed over to the hospital. When they learned that their house was destroyed, they had both taken it pretty hard.

However, after a few calls to the insurance company, the entire matter was covered and instead of having to buy a new house, they could get the shrine rebuilt in a couple months. So, they dropped off Souta at Kohaku's house, and got on a later flight to America. They would stay with Kagome's aunt until the house was fixed. Now, it was just Inuyasha and Kagome in the room, waiting for her test results.

Finally, the doctor came out into the hallway, walking towards them. He grinned when he noticed that his patient was fast asleep.

"Do you want me to wake her up?" Inuyasha asked, softly. The doctor shook his head.

"No, it's quite alright. The results are just fine, so there is no reason to keep her here overnight. However, there is something I'd like to tell you." He sat down next to Inuyasha. "Kagome has endured a lot of smoke inhalation."

"Is that bad?"

"Well, no, she'll be fine. You'll just have to make sure that she doesn't overwork herself for the next couple of weeks, until the smoke clears from her lungs entirely. Don't be surprised if she seems to get tired a lot easier or has long coughing fits. That will be normal. Just be sure that's she's careful, especially with things like gym and sports that require a lot of physical activity. Other than that, you two are free to go."

"Thank you." The doctor nodded, stood up, and walked off to treat his next patient, clipboard in hand. Inuyasha reached for his jacket and wrapped it around Kagome's shoulders. He then picked her up, resting her head against his shoulder and walked out to the car.
**************************

Kagome was running through the halls, dodging teachers and underclassmen that were in her way. Minutes earlier, she had accidentally crashed right into a freshman, scattering his books all over the ground. Now, normally, she would have stopped to help pick them up, but thanks to a certain pervert sprinting alongside her, she didn't have that option.

"Miroku, if I die, I'm blaming you!!" she shouted as they skidded around a corner. Miroku grinned, sheepishly.

"Oh come on, Kagome. She's not really going to hurt you."

"Maybe not. But once Inuyasha finds out I've been running around the entire damn school, /he/ will kill me!!" They stopped in the corner of the art department when she started another one of her coughing fits. Miroku patted her on the back.

"Are you okay?" She nodded, sat on the floor, and grabbed her water bottle from inside her backpack. All this running was starting to take it's toll, she hated the way her body was reacting lately. She couldn't wait until she fully recovered from this "smoke thingy" and could breathe normally again. School had ended ten minutes ago, and they had been playing "hide-and-go-run-away-from-Sango" ever since the bell rang.

"MIROKU!! KAGOME!! WHERE ARE YOU TWO?!!" The said fugitives exchanged nervous glances as they took off again.

"I really don't see why she's so angry." Miroku commented. Kagome just stared at her friend in shock.

"Miroku, you were hitting on the gym substitute!!"

"Yes, well-"

"And then you asked her to bear your child!!"

"Yeah, but-"

"And then, to save your own butt, you told Sango that it was MY idea, which only helped to make her mad at both of us. And because of you, we are now fleeing for our very LIVES!!!"

"ALL RIGHT, I GET IT. The point IS, Sango is clearly overreacting." Kagome nearly tripped at his statement.

"Sometimes...you are a complete idiot."

They sprinted towards the athletic hallway. There, they could get lost in the track jocks who were warming up in the atrium, sneak through the doors, and jump into Miroku's car before anyone noticed.

Suddenly, someone caught Kagome by the waist halfway down the hall, lifting her off the ground. She looked down to see strong, tan arms wrapped tightly around her, pinning her arms to her sides and pressing her back against a firm chest. The force of the impact had knocked the wind right out of her, and she began coughing so violently that it was starting to hurt her chest.

She broke free from the tight grip, pulled her long sleeves up over her hands, and covered her mouth as her whole body shook with each cough. Two hands grabbed her shoulders gently, and turned her around to face their owner. Inuyasha drew her close, rubbing her back comfortingly as she rested her head against his chest and continued to cough. After a while, she looked up.

"Before you kill me, I would just like to state......it was all Miroku's fault!!!" Inuyasha just laughed.

"Don't worry, you're off the hook," he said with a grin. " And I think Sango is going to take care of the hentai."

Once Miroku had realized that Kagome was no longer beside him, he stopped and turned around. He smirked when he saw that she was caught by her way too overprotective boyfriend. Now, they were both staring in his direction with unnerving looks, Kagome with one of pity, Inuyasha with one of amusement. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was coming next. He looked timidly down the hallway to see his beloved Sango sprinting straight towards him, flames in her eyes. He gulped and closed his eyes as she tackled him right to the ground. It was times like this he regretted being a extremely hormonal teenager.

Kagome sighed as she watched Sango beat the tar out of their friend, Inuyasha laughing hysterically. Sure, it was strange and people were staring at them like their were complete weirdos, but at least things were getting normal again. Yes....this sort of thing happened at least once a week, sometimes twice.

"Sango...please!!!" Miroku whined. "Think of my children!!!"

"You don't have any children!!" she shouted in reply. He looked up innocently.

"....Someday I might," he said as his hand slipped down low, beyond Sango's waist as she blushed. But when she felt a familiar rub on her rear, she continued to throttle him with a new vengeance.

"Not at that rate!!!!!"

Inuyasha was practically dying on the floor, laughing. Kagome just sighed, shook her head, and muttered, "No amount of therapy will ever make this moment okay."
**************************

Kagome sighed as she pulled into the driveway of the Taijiya house and stepped out of the car, a blue, slightly charred backpack slung over her right shoulder. She called Sango earlier that morning, saying she had something very important to show her. Inuyasha and Miroku knew nothing about their little meeting and were spending the afternoon at the gym. Hopefully, they wouldn't find out. Today was going to suck enough without Inuyasha's overprotective nature adding to it.

She walked up to the front door and rang the bell. She titled her head in curiosity as screams and sounds of crashing filtered through the walls. She began to wonder if she really wanted to go into the house anymore. But before she could think anymore on the subject, the door opened to reveal Kohaku and her little brother. By the looks of their rumpled clothes and the destructive state of the living room, a wrestling match or some other "manly like" sport had taken place not too long ago. She didn't know why boys enjoyed beating the crap out of one another all the time, but hell if she'd ever be able to understand guys.

"KAGOME!!!" Souta cried as he launched himself at his sister, nearly knocking them both to the ground. He wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face below her chest, squeezing the daylights out of her.

"Hey, squirt," Kagome replied, ruffling his hair affectionately with one hand and rubbing his back with the other. She looked up. "Hey, Kohaku." The other boy just nodded his head, slightly embarrassed of being in the presence of a pretty, teenage girl other than his own sister.

"You haven't been giving Mrs. Taijiya a hard time, have you, kiddo?" Kagome asked vehemently, her attention now turned to her little brother.

"Don't worry, Kagome. Souta has been an absolute doll," came a cheerful voice from the kitchen area. Sari Taijiya walked into the living room, her apron dusted with flour and sugar, evidence that she had been baking. She was a sweet, middle-aged, lady with long, brown hair twisted into a bun and elegant green eyes. She had a funny personality and killer aim with a .45 caliber pistol. Besides being a great mother, she was also a number one police officer. Needless to say, Kagome liked Sari a lot and most of the time, both she and Souta thought of her as a surrogate mom.

"And for the hundredth time, dear, call me Sari," she continued, "Mrs. Taijiya makes me sound old." Kagome smiled and gently nudged Souta towards the family room to play with Kohaku.

"I really appreciate you letting Souta stay here until everything gets settled down. I don't know what we would have done, what with mom and grandpa staying in America for a few months and all." Sari just grinned and waved her hand, dismissing the thought.

"It's no problem at all. We're happy to have him here, especially Kohaku."

"Well, it stills means a lot to me." Sari smiled and gave the girl a warm hug.

"Don't even mention it. Now, I do believe that you are here to see Sango." Kagome nodded. "Well, she's up in her room, go right ahead." Kagome nodded again and smiled.

"Thanks."

"You bet," Sari replied, heading back towards the kitchen, while Kagome began trudging up the staircase. She stifled a giggle as she heard Simple Plan blaring across the hallway of the second floor, it's source from behind a door that was painted purple and slightly ajar. She peeked through the crack and was shocked to see her best friend jumping on her bed like a lunatic, a pretend hairbrush/microphone in her hand as she mouth the lyrics to "Shut Up!".

Kagome quietly eased open the door and leaned against the frame, perfectly content to stand there and watch until her presence was known. Sango's back was facing her and the music was so loud, you wouldn't have even been able to hear a bomb go off. The show went on for two more songs until Kagome finally got bored and walked over to the stereo, which had so many buttons that she decided to just yank out the plug.

"So this is what you do on the weekends," Kagome said slyly. Sango whipped around, jumped off the bed, and tossed the hairbrush behind her back.

"How long have you been there?" she asked, blushing furiously.

"Long enough, my friend. If I had my camera, that so would have been my next screen saver," Kagome replied, a grin on her face as she leaned against the desk, arms crossed. Sango frowned, her cheeks still red as she sat down on the bed.

"Anyway.....What did you want to talk to me about?" Kagome stiffened considerably, all amusement gone from her face. That alone was enough for Sango to realize that whatever was going on.....she probably wasn't going to like it. Kagome walked over to the door and closed it, a small sense of paranoia overwhelming her senses. She then turned back towards Sango and sat next to her on the bed, cross-legged.

"Okay," she began quietly, setting the backpack on her lap. "Sango, you are the only person I've talked to about this. Not even Inuyasha knows." Sango eyes widened, now she knew she wouldn't like what she was going to here. Kagome looked down, studying the pattern of the bedspread. The last thing she had wanted to do was to get anymore people involved with her problems, especially now that Inuyasha was getting threatened. Albeit unknowingly, but still. And now, here she was, about to drag Sango right into the thick of it. She wasn't sure if she should just back out now. She felt something wrap around on of her hands and she looked to see Sango holding it in one of hers, her eyes compassionate and kind.

"Kagome," Sango said gently, her grip tightening in reassurance, "You know you can tell me anything." Kagome just stared for a few seconds before a small smile reached her face.

"All right," she said, nodding slightly as she reached in the backpack. "About a week ago, I got something in the mail.........."

A/N: Oh my gosh, I finally finished this chapter. Dang, major writing block times two!!!!!!! I'm so happy, I got another chapter. Now maybe I'll stop getting death threats from all my readers. I'M SORRY READERS, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

I want to thank all the reviewers who stuck with and kept bothering me to get this chapter written. It makes me feel very loved. 0009
Sign up to rate and review this story