Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Vegas Strip

Mindless

by Wicked_Lovely 1 review

A million questions with no answers.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-05-16 - Updated: 2011-05-17 - 1725 words - Complete

1Ambiance
It was Thursday. Brendon hadn't gone to school the whole week, enjoying his time off and away from his parents. Spencer moved in fully with Jon, the two of them living in Jon's apartment happily. And Brendon was happy for them. Hell, he was happy for himself. He was finally going to get to meet the boy of his dreams. In only about two hours. He was counting down the minutes as he got dressed in something tight fitting and vintage.
Ryan practically ran out of his house, knowing that he was late. He sighed when he finally got on the street, proud that he got out of the house without having any questions from his family. He walked to work with a smile on his face, unaware of the people that were following him.
Spencer and Jon were sitting in the club waiting for Brendon to show up, happy to be enjoying the show. Jon was toying with Spencer's hand, smiling a cheesy when Spencer laughed. Brendon walked in, allowing the smoke to engulf him as he stood in the dark building. He found Spencer and Jon and sat down next to Spencer, having one of the waitresses smile at him and ask him if he wanted the usual. Spencer gave him a large smile, slinging his arm around Brendon's neck. He was drunk, but Brendon didn't care.
"You have a 'usual?'" Jon asked with a grin, Spencer leaned against Jon, resting his head on his shoulder as he stretched.
"And you don't?" Brendon asked with a smile as the waitress came back with a bright red drink. Brendon thanked her by her name, Spencer laughed as Jon looked at him with slight amazement.
"So when dose you're boy-toy go on?" Spencer asked as he laced his fingers with Jon's. Brendon looked at his watch, giving a small sigh.
"Around ten minutes." Brendon said with a sigh before he took a sip of his drink.
Backstage Ryan was fixing his makeup, sitting at the small vanity as he put a little bit of eyeliner on. He didn't have any bruises covering his face today, making it all that better for him. He was actually happy. Excited even. And all of his features showed it as clear as day. He finished putting on his make up, standing by the curtains that lead to the stage, waiting patiently for the other act to end so he could preform.
For him.
Jon's pager went off and he gave a frustrated sigh.
"I have to go, I'll come back as soon as I figure out what it is my workers want." He said while he stood. Spencer nodded.
"Be careful darling, and make sure you whip their asses for taking you away from your night off." Spencer said with a smile.
"I second that." Brendon said laughing a little.
"Fair enough." Jon said before giving Spencer a small kiss on the cheek, walking out of the club. The boy walked onto the stage, and Brendon smiled a even more, Spencer to fixated on watching Brendon's facial features to watch the boy dance on the stage. About thirty seconds into the dance, the sound of gunshots echoed through the club. And then screaming.
"THIS IS WHAT YOU DO ALL THOSE NIGHTS YOU LEAVE? THIS IS WHAT YOU FUCKING DO YOU FAG?" Ryan's father bellowed from the back of the club, his mates running towards the stage. Brendon got up, running and jumping onto the stage, grabbing Ryan's hand. Brendon pulled him to the back stage where the guards attempted to hold Ryan's fathers helpers back. Brendon pulled him to the back door, glancing back at the five men that were chasing after the two of them. He wouldn't let them get him. He refused to. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU BOY! REMEMBER THAT!" His father screamed as Brendon kept running, going for Jon's restaurant.
They entered the restaurant panting heavily, just barley having made it out of sight from the men who were after them.
"Brendon? What the hell? What's going on." Jon asked as he looked at Brendon and his sweating companion.
"Need...place...stay...tonight." Brendon panted and Jon nodded, realizing that the situation was urgent.
"Go upstairs, we'll hold them off." Jon said with a nod and Brendon lead Ryan up the stairs to the room above.
Ryan looked around at the room he found himself in, Brendon bolting the only door shut before slumping to the ground. It was old, the concrete of the walls chipping off to reveal the old brick and wiring that held the building upright. The wood floors were old and worn, creaking under every footstep that either of them made. The windows had rusted metal outlining the old glass. It was dusty and there was a small mattress in the corner of the room. A baby grand in the other. The lights from the city cascaded from the window, lighting the room in red blue and green.
"Why did you help me?" Ryan finally asked, staring at Brendon who was leaning against one of the old pillars. Brendon looked out the window, staring at the signs for clubs and bars.
"I'm not entirely sure." He said after a minute of trying to figure it out for himself.
"What is this place anyway?" Ryan asked as he walked around the spacious room.
"It's my back-up home. My parents never really treated me like all that much, so when I met Jon he told me that if I ever needed a place to stay, that I could live here. On the floor above his restaurant." Ryan nodded.
"Thank you for helping me." He said looking at his hands that were wringing together nervously. Brendon smiled, relaxing on the bed.
"Don't mention it. You should get a little sleep." Brendon said patting the space on the bed next to him. Ryan nodded and positioned himself next to the boy he was falling for fast and hard. "Do you mind me asking who those guys were?" Brendon asked.
"It was my father and his friends. Or coworkers, whatever one you want to call them." Ryan said with a small sigh, curling into himself. "It's apart of the 'family business'. The one that I'm supposed to help my brothers take care of once my father dies. But it's a horrible thing, and I know I couldn't ever bee like him. Like any of them." Ryan whispered the last part, a small tear running down his cheek. He wanted to be like them, he really truly did. But he knew he wasn't. Not even close to being anything like any of them.
"It must suck to have your family that involved with your life." Brendon said in a tone that sounded sarcastic, even if he didn't mean for it to.
"Well where are your parents? I mean you said that they didn't treat you that well, so what's your situation?" Ryan said deciding that it was only fair for him to know a little about the boy who probably saved his life. Brendon gave a soft sigh, looking at the ceiling that looked as if it would collapse any minute while he tried to find the right words to describe his family situation.
"I guess you could say...I was a disappointment to my family. My mother and father both decided that I was worthless. Talentless. Mindless." Brendon stated the last one through clenched teeth, a slow hatred building up in him as he talked about his family, and all of the things they called him. "In my house, I'm known as "the mistake." My parents use it so often, some of the maids even use it." He sighed a little closing his eyes as his mind ran through different memories. Memories that he wasn't to fond of reliving. "As soon as I was old enough to be left alone, my parents did just that. I think they bought a second house somewhere. I'm not sure. Their rarely home. Mainly for the school year to make sure I actually attend." Ryan chewed on his bottom lip as he listened. He wondered which family was worse; One that was never home, or one that killed people as a fucking job.
"I'm sorry." Ryan muttered.
"I'm sorry for boring you." Brendon said somewhat silently. "Now try and get a little rest, yeah?" Ryan nodded, closing his eyes as Brendon pulled the blanket over him. He wasn't planning on sleeping, not after what had been said. He watched Ryan fall asleep, his mind becoming a haze of questions. Why did he save this boy he didn't know? Why dose he care so much for him? Why did the boy LET Brendon save him? Why did he tell him about his family? Why was he still watching him while he slept? Why was his breathing caught in his throat? His palms slightly sweaty? His heart beat faster than normal? Why was he so attracted to this sleeping beauty before him?
Brendon stared at him, taking in every detail. The way the light from the window danced on his features, making them more pronounced. The light created pointy shadows from his eyelashes, and his cheeks were tinted a rosy pink from the cold air that surrounded them. He held the blanket close to him, curled into a ball as he held onto it for dear life, almost as if it was the only thing keeping him on the earth. His tight vest clung to his skin, his hipbones showing just slightly while his rib bones stuck out showing just how thin he was. The peacock feathers in his hair were strewn across the pillow with the rest of his hair, tangling in a mess of light brown and moss green. His pale pink lips were parted just slightly, his breathing even and silent. The little makeup he was wearing was smeared slightly, and it accented the paleness of his skin. He was gorgeous. In every way possible.
Brendon ran a hand through his hair, walking over to the window where he kept his gaze. He couldn't look at him sleep any longer, it was just to heartbreaking.
In more than one way.

~~~~~

You're welcome Katrina_Adams, and thank you PartyPosion, this is one of my favorites as well.
-xoxo Pansy.
Sign up to rate and review this story