Categories > Original > Romance

The Cliche`

by MonsterCuppycakes 1 review

Once upon a shitty Saturday afternoon, such a wave of humidity was at war with the clouds, who was creating a bombing of a heavy downpour which helped many of the citizens of London, Ontario. But n...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-05-17 - Updated: 2011-05-18 - 1683 words - Complete

0Unrated
The rain poured down heavily like stones being dropped from the top of a skyscraper. I sit in the mall "underground" parking lot where I sob and cry tears which seem to be my "eternal" sadness. I know this'll pass, but life's just kicking me in the ass... again.
I pick up my cell phone after hearing a ringtone. "Taaaaaake my hand, and we're off to never-ever land..." Enter Sandman by Metallica. Taking it out of my pocket, more like ripping it out of the tight space, I answer the call.
"Hello?" I answer as I try to hide the sounds of my sobs.
"I see you..." The man on the other line sings, giggling afterwards.
Shifting around my seat, I giggle with his contagious laugh. "Dahvie, is that you?" I ask, unable to see his familiar shape in the parking lot so I look around the community centre on the otherside of the road.
"What do you think?" He replies, his voice echoing and louder. He was amplified by the hallowness of the stone cold area, and his voice coming through the phone also. He places a hand on my shoulder, startling me. "Hey, Jolly-Holly. You don't sound so Jolly today, so then you must be..."
"Don't push it, Dahvie." I chuckle, dropping my head to face the ground again.
"Hey what's wrong?" He asks, placing a hand on my shoulder in a comforting console.
"Eric, he..." I return to sobbing, and I can't help but lean into Dahv.
"What'd he do? He didn't break up with you, did he?"
I nod and start crying. My body shook as I exhaled, and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He rubbed my shoulder and nuzzles my cheek like he always does whenever I'm upset. I think it's rather cute, reminds me of a puppy or a young playful cat.
I feel Dahvie's head lift, and I look at his facial expression. It's enraged, vengeful, disgusted. I turn my head to see what he's looking at, small hopes it isn't Eric. Thing is it was. He was staring right back at him, an equally evil look on his face. He glances at me occasionally, and he continues even though Dahvie leaves me to wander around in this downpour and confront Eric.
"You idiot," He starts with a snarl. The way he raised his voice scared me. Such a sweet, gentle sensitive boy. I've never seen him so protective of me... out of school grounds. "Do you know what you just lost? You lost a relic. A treasure that only comes once every generation and you just threw it away like it was some toy? You're pathetic."
"Are you kidding me?" Eric hisses back, chuckling. "You got the emo to protect you?"
"I never intend him to do these things, he just does them on his own." I reply, calmness but a pinch of irritation in my voice. Eric looks back at Dahvie who hasn't even budged.
"I can take you, band-aids." A stupid superior stance is formed on his tall male-figure. He's so cocky, whatever did I see in him?
"I want to see if you can fight the way you speak, twat."
"Dahvie, he's not worth it. Leave him." I demand, interupting their "moment".
"Yeah, listen to your master, bitch." Eric snaps, still thinking he's so tough.
Dahvie bit his lip, still an angry expression on his face. Turning to me, he looks like he's going to come back. Instead, he takes a second thought and soccer punched Eric's crotch. I'm not going to say groin because he doesn't have the balls to even fight. Eric falls to the wet ground on his knees yelling in pain. Even the druggies across the road make that "Ow," look.
"Don't speak what you can't dish out, Mary-Jane." Dahvie snears, patting his cheek and smirking. He returns to me, opens his umbrella and offers to walk me back home, which isn't far from here. And now that you mention it, he IS high. His bloodshot eyes, odd behaviour. Idiot.
Connecting arms, I smile. The tears wiped away made me look happy again, in which I am. Bitch deserved it. Dahvie and I start skipping down the street.
Dahvie's my best friend. He's gender-confused and biseuxal too, which makes things better because we can have our "girl" moments whether it's about a boy or a hot celebrity like Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance or Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco. He's so protective of me, and I can't see why. Even though I am shoved into lockers and picked on. He's sweet and kind, caring and sensitive. He's also a happy-go-lucky kid, even though he's another one of us scene kids. He's funny, playful, and well... just plain awesome. He makes me smile everyday, and I don't think that I'd get through high school without him.
By the time Eric's out of sight, we stop the skipping and giggling. Under the umbrella, I compliment him on a job well done.
"You weren't too bad yourself, my dear." He comments back. "You managed to show your strength, which was rather impressive."
I giggle and blush. From then on we start chatting about the My Chemical Romance concert that's coming up next month. He promised to take me with him to meet Frankie and Gerard. We've had a little feud about who's hotter, Frankie(me) and Gerard(him). I personally think that Frank's better because...
He's a veggitarian(like me), hates homophobians(also like me), he's short for a twenty-eight year old(well, I'm petite so I guess that's another thing in common), he's very energetic(I CAN be sometimes), extremely tough for someone so short(appearently like me), and a few other things.
As we walk down my street, I start to feel a connection between Dahvie and I. A strong one, more than those feelings you get if a bestie's like a brother or a sister to you. I began to feel mesmorized by his heavily eyelined eyes which had that kind of kalidescope uniqueness in them, they contained blues and greens, hazels and greys. They were so beautiful, they were like the two-grand diamond ring my uncle proposed to my aunt with several years ago, and I'm still fascinated by it's largeness. Though, it's kind of overrated to have a ring that big.
"Holly, you still there?" He questions, snapping his fingers by my ear to wake me back up.
Blinking, I return to reality. "Oh, sorry," I giggle. "I was falling asleep. I'm really tired, I guess." He looks hurt for a second, but he gets the point. "You see, tears release that stress stuff, therefore creating drowsiness and fatigue."
He chuckles. "Wow, that was rather... intellegant I guess." He jokes, punching my arm slightly. Making a teasing face that looks like I'm hurt, he says "Aww, poor baby," which sarcasm. Laughing, my house is finally in my sights. I feel like sighing, because our little trip is close to being over.
"So," He says, slowing down. I can see what he's doing, he's trying to make our time together longer. I love his smartness. "I was wondering if you'd like to join me at the movie theatres tonight? Just me and you... alone... together... watching Rio..."
I giggle. "I'd love to." I smile flirtatiously, making him blush under that foundation. "Cute." I say out loud and by accident. He smiles and blushes harder, his whole face a hot pink. I brush away a stray hair from his fringe which covered the left side of his face.
I soon realize we're across the road from my house, which makes me rather upset. I don't want him to leave me, not now. Looking at my cell phone, the time reads "5:13PM/17:13EST". It's getting late anyways, I should be home. Walking across the road with Dahvie, he stops on the driveway and puts the umbrella down, snatching my hand in his.
"Dahvie, put it back up we're getting wet!" I giggle, trying to pull him closer to the house which failed horribly. He pulls me closer to him, our bodies touching. I blush heavily as I look up at the tall, olive-skinned boy. He stares back down at me with those sincere gems, and that's when I realize my relfection was within them, staring back at me. We've had one of these moments before, but after a moment or two he'd say something ultra random just to make me laugh.
"Dahv, I-- umm..." I lower my head, only to be caught in a kiss. It was surprising, and so cheesy. Shutting up a girl by kissing them, and what's even better is that it's in the rain, too. The rain trickled down our faces, washing off my eye-cosmetics and his foundation. My hazel eyes widen, and examined his face before closing them. I deepen the kiss, wrapping both my arms around his neck, resting them on his shoulders as my fingers played happily in his chin-lengthed straight hair.
Breaking the kiss, I see him smile. I grin, and kiss him goodbye one last time. He steals my hand, begging me not to go but at the same time letting me go inside. On my doorstep, I say "I love you" in sign language, our little instant messaging thing if we want to talk privately alone but we want to stay around our friends. He smiles, and does the same to me, adding a little hand-heart at the end of his sentance.
"I'll see you tonight," He shouts slightly, grinning now. I giggle, and nod. Walking inside, I rip off my converse and run to the window, watching him walk away with the umbrella over his head as he glances back every few steps.
My older sister and gaurdian walks into the living room and giggles to see me watching Dahvie walk away. "I knew there was something between you two!" She teases, playing around as she nudges me on the couch. I laugh.
"I guess there was." I reply, smiling and anticipating tonight.
Sign up to rate and review this story