Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Early Morning Shenanigans

by JLawrence_Kenny 0 reviews

Diagon Alley isn't nearly as friendly before dawn. A snippet I did for an HPRP.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Fred - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-05-27 - Updated: 2011-05-27 - 528 words - Complete

-1Boring
ey all of you out in internet-land. This was just a small snippet I did to audition for a role in a next-gen HPRP, and I thought I'd throw it up here. Let me know if this is something you think I should develop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early Morning Shenanigans

It was early morning in Diagon Alley, the first feeble rays of sunlight barely making their way over the horizon. A few hags trawled through the abandoned streets, making their way to the safe shade of Knockturn Alley before the relentless sun made its appearance. An owl hooted indignantly at a hag who eyed her too closely for comfort, lashing its talons out, but the hag cackled lightly, moving closer to the caged animal.

As she closed in on the frightened bird, hoping to get a batch of fresh ingredients for her tray, a noise from the entrance to the alley distracted her from her prey. The wall from the Leaky Cauldron noisily opened, and the hag licked her lips in anticipation for some new prey as a man with shockingly red hair stepped into the alleyway. Moving faster than her posture and creaking bones would lead one to believe, the old hag approached the young man. "My, my, dearie, why up so early? One might think you were up to some trouble."

The red-haired man only grinned politely, and spoke. "Well, Trouble is my middle name. Literally, in fact." He wore a rather nice three-piece suit, with a flower placed upon his lapel, his hair

The hag cackled again as the young man spoke – he was so naïve to think her a harmless old lady. She doubted he would be so disgustingly good-natured in pieces on her tray. "Regardless, you shouldn't be out this early. You should come with me, down this little street here so that you can rest before the day really begins. Maybe I could even interest you in some of my wares."

The hag went to grab hold of the man's sleeve, but he evaded her clutches. "As tempting as that sounds, ma'am, I really must be going; urgent business to attend to, you understand." With that, he strode purposefully past the old hag, when suddenly, the hag's face grew ferocious, unseen by the red-head, and a clawed hand darted out and grabbed his shoulder violently, turning him around to face her.

Without any warning, the flower that the hag had noticed earlier grew three times in size and it issued a loud blast-like HONK at the old hag, throwing in a healthy helping of Stinksap into her eyes for good measure. Scared out of her wits, the hag screamed shrilly, staggering blindly towards the safety of Knockturn Alley. Meanwhile, the young man straightened his collar as the flower shrunk to normal size, then began to head again to the violently bright Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. As he unlocked the door, he chuckled, "That's the last time she messes with Fred Trouble Weasley, Prankster Extraordinaire." Then he threw open the door triumphantly.

Only to have a bucket of water fall on top of his head, thoroughly soaking him.

"…Well, bullocks. Looks like Roxanne got me again."
Sign up to rate and review this story