Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Killed Joy

I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

by AtomicHydrogen 0 reviews

The night takes a turn for the worst, leaving Gerard a mess.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-31 - Updated: 2011-05-31 - 800 words

0Unrated

Part 2


All four now sat gathered around the table that had been placed in the diningroom, Sing blasting from the stereo that played in the other room. Gerard dug into his stake with a savage look, he hadn't eaten all day, the result of playing Killjoys. Frank had hidden a packet of skittles in his left pocket, every so often his hand would slip under the table, soon reappearing as he popped an invisible object into his mouth. Jamia had noticed, but said nothing as she adjusted her black hair from her dark eyes.

Lyn-z had pulled her sleek black hair into a tight bun, within half 'n' hour a few strands had managed to escape, but she wasn't exactly bothered. She was in Mindless Self Indulgence, she wasn't expected to be immaculate. But compared to Gerard, she was the tidier one of the two. Gerard hadn't bothered, his jeans were a faded grey, his denim jacket hanging loosely from his body and his red hair, having not been dyed in a while, had shown quite alot of his natural brown colour.

**

The plates had been stacked in the middle of the table, the knives and forks just managing to balance themselves. An empty desert bowl sat infront of each person as they sat back, stuffed groans surpassing their lips.

Gerard reached into his pocket for a single cigarette, holding it firmly between two fingers he then pulled out a lighter. As he raised it to the cigarette it was taken from him by a harsh looking Lyn-z.

"Outside," she ordered as softly as possible, her forefinger indicating to the patio.

With a roll of his eyes Gerard snatched his lighter back, tucking it into his grip, as not to loose it again, he gave Frank a pleading look. Frank knew what he wanted as he rose from his seat, bending down he kissed Jamia's pale cheek softly before leading his redheaded friend outside.

The cold air of the damp night hit Gerard and Frank instantly, shivers sent down their spines. It took only a few moments for them to grow immune to the low temperature, the cigarette helping Gerard.

Taking a long and luxurious puff, Gerard watched as the smoke rose into the air, almost dancing with the breeze. Soon it whithered away, leaving only its stench. Frank lent against the brick wall, now able to eat his skittles freely, without having to hide them.

Frank watched Gerard for a moment as he chewed contently on a sweet. He then parted his lips to speak, only to be interupted by a weary looking Lyn-z who had clutched the phone in her hand.

"It's your mom," she claimed hoarsley passing the phone over to him.

"M-Mom," Gerard stuttered down the reciever. The look on Lyn-z's face had made it obvious something bad had occured.

"It's your brother," Donna, Gerard's mum, replied her voice quick yet terribly shaken up. "He's been in an accident. He's at the hospital."

Gerard had felt his knees go weak, his eyes growing misty with tears. The worst had happened. The phone fell from his grasp as he looked at Frank and then Lyn-z for comfort, but they said nothing as they frowned sympathetically.

Gerard let his cigarette slip from his fingers, it dropped to the concrete, the damp surface causing the orange glow to slowly fade. Without a word he rushed through the house, Lyn-z following behind. She knew exactly where he was going.

"We're going to the hospital," Frank implied as he took Jamia's hand in his and led her out the door and to his car.

Gerard clambered into his own car, ignoring Lyn-z who had insisted he couldn't drive in his state. But he hadn't listened, he was more content on getting there and checking on Mikey.

Gerard shoved the key into the ignition with force, the car starting with a roar. Backing off the drive he turned as swiftly as possible and drove down the road, Frank following in his car.

**

Gerard bounded into the hospital, his breathing staggered as he stood by the counter that seperated the reception from the rest of the hospital.

"I'm looking for my brother, Mikey Way," Gerard claimed.

Without any questions the young looking receptionist gazed up at the distressed looking Gerard, having recognised him she fumbled for the correct information, her cheeks red. "Just down the hall, second right," she finally replied, deciding it was best she didn't ask for an autograph.

Gerard broke out into a half-run, the others following behind, each one holding an equally anxious look on their face.

Silence loomed over them as Gerard stepped into the room, Mikey lay on the hospital bed, his eyes firmly shut, his leg wrapped in a cast and his ribs finely bandaged up.
Sign up to rate and review this story