Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Play ring around the ambulance..

I snapped back into reality

by WearetheMCRMY818 0 reviews

Feel better.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-05-31 - Updated: 2011-05-31 - 952 words

2Exciting
You guys are just....AJHDISJFKJ! (btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KILLJOYSANDCO, MY EDITOR + FELLOW LeATHERMOUTH FAN! XD (i bet that made you laugh, Bry))
(this is your editor, Bry, saying yes that did infact make me laugh and thankyou for the birthday wish XD)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gerard’s P.O.V
The door slammed loudly and jolted me from my sleep. I heard footsteps hurriedly running up the stairs, and another door slamming. There was a moment of tense silence until the sound of muffled sobs reached my ears. Mikey. I struggled to my feet, being even clumsier than usual with the shit-heavy plaster cast encaging my arm and a bruise on my ankle.

I slowly trudged upstairs, wincing in pain every so often when my knees protested the exercise. I pushed open his bedroom door, to find him curled on his bed, glasses thrown on the floor and his chest being racked with sobs. I sat down on the bed next to him, and slowly stroked his hair in an effort to comfort him.
‘Mikey, what’s wrong, is it Frank?’ he curled up to me and sniffed several times before speaking.
‘L-last night, he went to Ramones’s club, and he got really drunk and kissed the barmaid.’ He sobbed a little more before continuing. ‘He passed out in an alley and just came round to tell me and apologise. I was so mad at him Gee, so, so mad. I broke up with him.’
Just as he finished he convulsed into sobs again. I didn’t know what to say, I was socially awkward at the best of times, and I could hardly give him guy advice, could I?

I sat in silence for a few minutes before coming to my senses; this was my brother, I look after him. In an instant, I knew what I should do. With some difficulty, I got to my feet. Mikey’s sobs had subsided to silent tears, and I looked at him, heartbroken.‘I'll be right back Mikes.’ I patted his head and slipped out the door.

I slowly made progress down the stairs and made my way out the door onto the street. I headed straight to Frank's house, mentally writing down what I would say to him. I knocked at the door and was greeted by a bubbly hello and awkward hug from his mom, before she gestured towards Frank's room and quickly hurried off to whatever was burning in the kitchen.

I walked up to Franks room, about 3 steps up I could already hear him crying. I tentatively knocked and opened the door before waiting for a reply. He was leaning up against a wall covered in posters, his stereo quietly playing black flag. His eyes were closed, as if he was in pain, and his cheeks were glistening with tears. He opened his eyes at the sound of my arrival, and he stared questioningly for a moment before sighing, looking so tired, and closing his eyes again.
‘What do you want, Gee? If it ‘s to tell me I’m a horrible person for what I did, I already know.’
‘I’m not here to yell at you. I just wanted to talk to you.’ I sat down next to him, but he barely registered the movement.
‘So talk.’
‘Mikey’s just as upset as you, believe me. You just need to give him some time, okay? Everything that’s been going on has made him so emotional and he won’t stay mad forever. He needs you, Frank. He knows you’re sorry, but give him time to get his head straight, not just about this, but about everything that’s happened. I’m hardly your biggest fan right now Frank, but you’re my little brother’s boyfriend, and I don’t like seeing either of you upset.’
Frank stopped crying and looked up at me, gratitude in his eyes. ‘Thank you Gee, I needed that.’ A small watery smile flashed across his face, and I quickly returned it.
‘Feel better Frank, I’ll text you when Mikey feels better, okay?’
Before it could get awkward, I quickly left and limped home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Mikey’s P.O.V

A slam of the front door alerted me that Gee was home, and I quickly wiped the tears from my face and flipped my damp pillow over to the dry side. I jogged downstairs to find Gee making pb sandwiches. I sniffed a little, and he turned round, holding out a plate of sandwiches and two mugs of coffee.
‘Dinner is served’ he declared with a wolfish grin. I returned the smile, feeling slightly better already. The evening was spent on the sofa with TV and comics, laughing with my big brother. I felt almost totally back to my normal self, but every so often thoughts of Frank would swim to the surface, unavoidable.

It reached 3am, but we hardly noticed the sky lightening it’s way towards dawn. It was only until Gerard’s eyes started drooping and eventually closed did I make the effort to turn off the TV and go upstairs, leaving Gee’s sleeping figure curled on the sofa. I lay in bed, my good mood getting eaten away by bad thoughts and images of Frank entwined with a barmaid of a dirty club.

They haunted me, circling me like sharks until I snapped back to reality, my thoughts broken by the light of the rising sun. I sighed and rubbed my glasses, not at all shocked when I pulled my hand away and it was glistening with tears. I rolled over underneath the covers, enclosing myself in darkness, allowing myself to slip into an eerily dreamless sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story