Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Reading

chapter 3

by Hawklan 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-06-06 - Updated: 2011-06-06 - 1923 words - Complete

4Funny
Chapter Three
Note1: Happy New Year to you all. Here is the next chapter.
Note2: Thank you to DraketheArch and missinglink for making this chapter more readable again.



Chapter 3



“What do they want from me now, after all that time?” Giles murmured.

“What did you say Giles?” Buffy and Faith asked at the same moment.

Giles looked up again “Uh nothing, please just open the window Buffy, the owl is a messenger and will have a letter for me.” He said.

After those words one of the two young men who had drawn a gun (without the girls or Giles noticing) put it pack into its holster while the other still held it with caution out of sight. ‘After all it was better to have it and not need it than to need
it and not have it,’ the dark haired man thought.

Meanwhile Buffy went to the window and opened it then she stepped back to make the way free.

With a hoot the owl took to the air again and flew into the room, it flew a small circle over the heads of everyone and then flew in the direction of Giles, but instead of landing near or on him it flew about him and landed on the table were the young men and two of the girls still sat.

It looked at the people at the table, hooted again and then went to the dark haired young man. Suddenly, it held an envelope in its beak (no one could have said later where it came from) and held it in his direction.

“Xander, it seems that the letter is for you” said the red head at table in an astonished tone. “Why do you get a letter from an owl?”

With a mildly astonished tone Xander answered. “I haven’t got a clue Will. That’s the first time I’ve seen an owl outside of a zoo.”

While cleaning his glasses, (not even he could say when he took them off) Giles said in a relived but curios tone, “Take it Xander before the owl tries to get your attention in some other way, which could hurt a bit.”

A bit alarmed Xander quickly took the envelope and read the writing on it.


Alexander Lavelle Harris
Second story in the room on the right side
at the table between the werewolf and the geek
Steiner Drive 332
Cleveland
America


“What does it say?“ All asked very curious at the same time.

“Guys, I haven’t even opened it yet and I think I need something to drink first.”

“XANDER!!” Willow yelled.

“Ok, ok Willow I am opening it now.” He said smiling.

Taking his time, he opened the envelope, took the letter out of it and then started to read it.

After a few minutes, (the others in the room were getting quite gritty) he refolded the letter and put it back into the envelope. While the others were waiting he stood up went to a cupboard on the other side of the room and instead of the soft drink he meant to get before, he poured himself a glass of whiskey (out of Giles private stock) and drank it slowly. Without a word he went to one of the couches and sat down.

Before Willow could say anything Faith beat her to it. While she walked to him and sat right beside him she asked “Boytoy, what’s up?”

Xander looked up surprised and saw her sitting right beside him. “Sorry Faith, I think I was a few Giles uhhh, I mean miles away. Here read it out loud for all. I can’t at the moment.” With those words he gave her the letter and then to Faith’s
surprise he snuggled himself under her right arm and closed his eye.

With a small smile on her face she thought ‘Wow, yes we had a long talk a week ago and talked about a lot of things. He also said he had forgiven me a long time ago and wouldn’t mind trying to be friends and maybe more again, but this? I
think this proves more to me that he was sincere than his words did.” Lost in her own thoughts she also snuggled herself against Xander. Without her noticing the letter fell down onto the floor.

The room was quite for a moment because all were quite baffled at seeing that scene.

Then Willow squeaked “Xander???? What is going on??”

Xander slowly opened his remaining eye “Just take the letter and read it aloud.” Then he closed his eye again.

“Not that, Xander…oh of course that too, but I meant what is going on there with you two?”

Faith opened one of her eyes. “Nothing Red, nothing, we’re just friends who are enjoying each other’s company.” She said in a quiet voice.

“Of course you are.” Willow answered in a non-believing tone. Ignoring that for the moment she grabbed the letter and started to read aloud.


-

Greetings Mr. Harris,

First of all I want to say sorry if the delivery method via owl has startled you. My name is Kitanaiel Verner and I’m the solicitor of the late Sirius Black. It is my sad duty to inform you, that your cousin Mr. Black was killed eight days ago in a fight against some “terrorists”.

Mr. Black has named you as his heir and so I invite you to England so that we can discuss the parts of his last will which are in regards to you.

Surely, because of the owl, you have already guessed that your cousin was a special human, because of this reason I would like to send two people to you whom can tell you a few more things that I don’t want to entrust to a letter. They
also will provide transportation to England if you accept the invitation. Please send a small letter back via Lurcy here, if you will accept a meeting with my two associates.

With Best Regards,
Kitanaiel Verner
Solicitor
Head of the House of Verner

-

After Willow finished reading the letter it was quite still in the room, until all eyes went to Giles who suddenly fainted and then crashed down onto the floor.

Dawn quickly jumped to the aide of her sister’s Watcher and after rummaging a bit in one of her pockets she held something under Giles nose and with a gasp Giles opened his eyes again.

“Are you ok Giles?” Dawn asked in a concerned tone.

“I think so, what happened Dawn?” he asked her back.

“Uhh nothing, really, you just fainted.” She said with a smirk.

“I certainly did not.” He said a bit snubbed.

“Yes, you did.” All said in union.

Changing the subject Giles quickly said. “So Sirius is dead.That kind of surprised and shocked me a bit.” He looked around a bit, still very unsettled, until his gaze landed on Xander (who was still snuggled up to Faith on the couch). “I’m terribly
sorry that your cousin is dead Xander but I’m surprised that you are a cousin of Sirius Black, I knew him from my times as a student in Scotland.”

Xander looked up at that “Thank you Giles and I’m surprised too. Until that letter I never knew I had a cousin or any family in England. Wait, you knew him? So who and how was he?” while asking that he snuggled a bit more into Faith’s arms
without even noticing it.

Which doesn’t mean the others didn’t. While Buffy had an amused smile about that and Willow was still surprised over the development, Dawn and Andrew looked a bit angry at Faith. (The first still hoped that Xander would see something
more than a little sister in her and the other always had a secret crush for the carpenter.) Oz on the other side looked indifferent as always. (Oz rejoined the gang awhile back after spending a long time traveling the world with the majority
of it spent in Tibet trying to find a way to better control the wolf in him.)

Giles didn’t seem to really notice it, as he started to answer Xander’s question, but thought to himself, ‘Finally those two are getting on with their feelings’.

Deep in his thoughts Giles answered. “Hmm how can I answer your question without breaking a few vows I have to keep?”

"Vows?” Buffy and Willow interrupted him.

“Yes, there are a few secrets which are not mine to tell, so I will try my best.” Giles replied.

“So, I didn’t know Sirius that well. We were at the same boarding school together, but I never had much to do with him or his friends. He was the son of a very old and noble family, but he was the white sheep of the family. You have to
understand that his family wasn’t known for its kindness to those they deemed below them. His family was a bunch of snobs. But Sirius was a funny and generally kind man to most, with a few exceptions. He and few friends of his were
the top pranksters of our generation. Later after we had finished school I didn’t heard too much about him because I followed my father’s wish and joined the council. Later I read in the papers that he was arrested because he supposedly
betrayed two of his friends and their child to a known terrorist group and then was arrested after he killed another of his friends. But I never really could believe that story entirely. As far as I knew, he would never have betrayed the Potters.
The last thing I heard was that he had escaped from prison and was on the run.”

“Uhh,” Xander mumbled “So my cousin seemed to be a criminal and it appears to be that I’m his heir even though I never heard of him before. So now what?”

“The question is if you want to meet with those two people mentioned in the letter or not.” Faith said.

“Hmm, that is a good question I suppose. As long as they aren’t British mini Al Capone wanna-be’s I think I can at least hear them out. So I guess I’ll write back and say yes to meet them.”

“That could be interesting.” Buffy said and gave him a piece of paper and a pen.

“So go on.”

Xander quickly wrote a few words on the letter and then gave it to Giles. “Could you please give it to the owl? I’m not sure it wouldn’t bite me.”

“Of course” and then Giles took the letter and went over to the table. He petted the owl a bit and then gave her something which the owl munched on for a bit.

After she was finished he gave her the letter. The owl hooted again and then rose into the air. She flew a small circle (and dropped something on Andrew, who squeaked out loud) and the vanished through the window into the black night.

After finally realizing where and how he sat, Xander blushed for a moment and then said quickly to try and divert the others (but giving Faith a smile) “So I think before the owl interrupted us we were discussing something of vital importance,
weren't we?”

While all were nodding he asked


“So, what kind of pizza do you want?”
Sign up to rate and review this story