Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

My f**cked up life

by Mistaken-Vampire 3 reviews

A real life account from what happened when I went to my only MCR gig.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-06-09 - Updated: 2011-06-09 - 1074 words - Complete

0TrainWreck
Me and my best mate Jenna were on a buzz as we were allowed to go to the MCR concert on our own and meet her parents there. Responsibilities and me don't get on and being trusted enough to go early and on our own was quite big for us. It was the 23rd of October and I was so excited at the thought of being in the crowd for a band that I loved! We had met a few people and knew where they were going by one guy with a KILLJOY on the back of his leather jacket and by all the people standing by the near by loo with masks. Everyone was hyped up and who wouldn't be! When we were finally let in we tried to get as far forwards as we could. In the end we were about mid way but still had a great view because we were on a slope. The support band Twin Atlantic was amazing and both Jenna and I loved their voices. Then the wait for the guys began and that's when my head started to hurt.
I kept telling myself I would be fine and for half the gig I thought it to be true and I was genuinely enjoying the band. Then I felt the world slow down in my mind and I felt dizzy. I was unable to stand up properly and my friend took me out of the hall and into the corridor where it was quieter. My head was still spinning and all I wanted to do was sleep. On the way out a lady had seen us and sat with us in the hall as I lay down and curled up. She was really nice and sat with us as an attendant saw to me and got me some water before the paramedic came over. In my state I didn't want to keep my friend and the lady from seeing the concert. It's bad enough I couldn't see them but I didn't want to have them miss it too. Jenna was reluctant to go in but I assured her I was fine and put on a bit of a smile so she could go off and enjoy herself with her favourite band.
The paramedic then made me sit up but I couldn't keep my head up all I wanted to do was sleep. He started bringing my more water and forcing me to drink it but that was the last thing I wanted to do. He thought it best for me to be taken to the foyer to be sat on a chair so between him and another female attendant they picked me up and carried me to a chair where I sat for about 25 minutes being told to breathe slow and keep drinking but whenever I started to breathe slower I got more and more sleepy until it got to the point where I was starting to pass out. He then in haste took me round to the first aid room. The easiest way to get round there was by leaving the building and going round the side of it. I was weak on my feet especially my right hand side so I was leaning on the paramedic. By the time I was sat in the medical room I was asked simple questions like what is my name and I was unable to answer because I had genuinely forgotten. I had forgotten my name my birthday and where I lived. All I could remember was Jenna. I was in tears mainly for fear of the unknowing but the fact of I didn't know how long I would be like this. I felt quite relieved that I had my purse with my provisional in it on me because otherwise I would have been there for longer trying just to remember my name. What didn't help is when they were saying my name to me I couldn’t remember properly if it was me. It seemed to be about right but I was still unsure.
After what could have been about five minutes or ten Jenna had phoned me up. I was slow on replying not understanding what was going on properly. The main paramedic took the phone off me telling her how to get to me. When Jenna had arrived she was with her parents that had come along to stand at the back and watch. They left me inside as he took them outside to ask if it was normal for me to be like this. It was killing me inside that I had caused so much panic and trouble. Seeing your best friend come in with eyes slightly blood shot and putting on a brave face made me feel awful and sad. I looked away from her trying not to cause to much upset to her after seeing me in tears.
After they had spoken to us all I was free to go. It was the end of the concert and almost everyone had gone. As I went to stand up I had a weird sensation run up my foot and to the tip of my ankle. I physically couldn't stand. It was like I had no foot. I feel like an idiot now but all I could say was "I have no foot" which is what it had seemed like. After a few attempts and the paramedic assuring me that I did have a foot I was sent off leaning on Jenna and her parents to get me out and away to the train station as the paramedic went to see to the guys.
It took me about 20 minutes on the train journey till my memory fully came back. But it wasn't just that night I have had many incidents like this and it has ruined my life. I missed seeing one of my al time favourite bands and through that missing Paramore and You Me At Six as well and I was sent to hospital after another incident. To this day I feel terrible about hurting my best friend in that way. I feel frustrated with me for not seeing a full gig of MCR and confused with doctors after going through many of them and all of them saying I am a medical mystery and they don't know what is wrong with me. So this is Killjoy that is not a happy bunny.
Sign up to rate and review this story