Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

White Wedding

by RaidenRose 1 review

Layren's one shot

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-06-13 - Updated: 2011-06-13 - 1399 words - Complete

0Unrated
8am.

He stood in the doorway leading into the kitchen and looked at her. He breathed loudly, a mixture of fear and haste causing his breath to come in labored pants. His drooped afro fell in front of his eyes and he leaned up against the door frame, his arms crossed over his bare chest. Her body stiffened and she swiped at the tears running down her cheek with the back of her hand. It was the morning of their wedding and the last thing he needed was to see his fiance crying out of sadness. She turned around, her amber shaded eyes were puffed and red. She wiped her cheeks and smiled, tying her brown, blond streaked hair up in a bobble.

"Layren.." he sighed, his voice coming out higher than expected. He stepped into the room and she could smell the scent of booze on him.

"Saul, I was just uh-" she turned around and began placing two mugs of coffee on the side. "Making breakfast."

Slash carefully watched her as he slowly made his way and sat on the clustered table. He knew making Layren move in with him and the guys was a bad idea, there was never any room or privacy, but they had to cope for the time being. Layren felt his eyes burn into the back of her and turned around, giving a death glare.

"You know," Slash started. "If you are having second thoughts about getting married today then... just say."

He watched as the look on her face switched to anger, and her top lip curled up in disgust at what he said. They had been arguing a lot lately, and it was about to happen again. "How dare you say that Saul! I love you of course I do!"

"Chill the fuck out, I was just checkin'" Slash sighed as he popped a cigarette in his mouth and lit it up.

"No I will not chill the fuck out," her German accent came out thicker than ever. "You're putting more pressure on me today than ever and I just- I can't put up with this. All we do is argue.. I'm not even sure you love me anymore."

She watched him as his eyes darkened, and he just sat in silence. The words she was expecting to hear to confirm everything was alright, he didn't utter. She sighed and held back the tears. "I'm going to get ready for the wedding. If you decide to show up... I'll see you at the wedding."

And with that she rushed out of the door and made her way, leaving Slash to his thoughts. He slipped off the table with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand, not even opened yet. Then just laid himself on the kitchen floor, gasping at how cold it was against his bare back. He stare up at the ceiling and slowly, and carefully tipped the Jack down, some spilling down his face but he didn't care. He heard footsteps but didn't bother looking, too much was on his mind. He knew Axl walked in and had just woke up because he was asking questions, but he just ignored.

"Another argument?" Axl's deep voice cracked through the thick silence.

"Ugh, yes... I don't think I want to show up at the alter to be honest." Slash murmured as he rolled over onto his stomach and started playing with the bottle cap.

"What?!" Axl blew, making Slash jump. "I know for a fact you love that girl so don't you go and walk out on her now. Me and Erin used to fight all the time, you don't see.. okay maybe she walked out on me but you don't want to lose her."

Slash craned his neck so Axl could see the looks Slash was giving him.

"Look man... I'll leave you to decide. But when you decide the right decision, I'll be watching football until then."

~

Layren stood in front of the long mirror in a backroom in the chapel. It wasn't what Slash had wanted, he wanted to get married on a beach but she had none of that. She looked down at herself, her slim figure hugging the white, strapless corset that was covered in pearls and diamonds, then a puffy cloud like skirt that reached to the ground. Her hair was pinned up but with layers out and curled. Her make up kept natural, but she looked beautiful. She didn't feel it though, because in the pit of her gut she felt butterflies explode and for all the wrong reasons. She wondered if Slash would actually turn up.

Sighing to herself, she knew it was a few minutes before she had to walk down the isle. Everyone was there, all her close friends and all his, all the dealers and such. This was too grand, he put so much effort into the wedding.. he had to show up. She heard someone clear their throat behind her and she turned around to see her Maid Of Honour smiling at her, beckoning her to begin her walk. Outside, Layren was calm. She looked beautiful, all eyes were on her. But as the doors open and she took those very first few steps, she plastered a fake smile to see Slash nor Axl were there. Duff and the rest were, but not him. Once she reached the front, Steven leaned over to her.

"Axl phoned and said to hold up, Slash isn't co operating." when he said those few words Layren felt her heart drop. He's not coming, he's not coming. After a five minutes, she was trembling and almost ready to cry, she opened her mouth to tell the priest to cancel it all when behind her the grand doors echoed a racket through the room, and everyone shot round, including her to see Slash stood, his hair dropped in front of his face, his usual top hat and unbuttoned dress shirt and leather pants, cigarette leaning from his lips. Behind him was Axl, smiling with victory at the fact he convinced him to come. The both of them rushed up to the front and Layren just looked up at Slash in disbelief. The happiness and relief she felt right then was indescribable.

They stared at each other, in silence. The first words uttered from his mouth were "You look beautiful."

"So!" The priest cheerily chirped up. "Let's get this show on the road!"

Layren couldn't remove the smile on her face, her heart was racing and she wasn't even listening to what the priest was saying. When she finally inhaled, she smelt Axl's cologne on Slash and booze and cigarettes. She finally snapped back when Slash took her hands in his as he said his vows, stumbling upon words and bouncing on his heels with a great, big smile on his face as he laughed at his mistakes. And finally, she blurted out her vows and they both leaned in to kiss. She thought it would of been romantic, it was until Slash thought licking her up the face and back down again would be a great way to end. Everyone cheered, and Layren had to stop herself from laughing. Slash threw her over his shoulders and she squealed as he carried her out of the church. Honestly, the only thing that was on her mind was that she felt as if she was being dropped everytime he took a step. He put her down on her feet and looked down into her eyes, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"I love you, you know that?" he smiled.

"Yeah well you gave me a fuckin' scare there.." Layren laughed. Slash sighed and stomped his foot in protest.

"Just tell me that you love me! I know you do, I see the look in your eyes." Slash smiled proudly.

"Yeah I see it too!!" Duff excitedly interjected, before slowly stepping back as they both shot him a look.

"I love you too Saul Hudson." Layren finally said.

"You know what's funny?" Slash asked as he lifted her into the back carriage of a motorbike.

"What?" She asked as they drove away from the mass of close family and friends who were hollering and causing a scene outside of the church.

"You're now Layren Hudson."

"Layren Hudson.." she said to herself, "I think I like it."
Sign up to rate and review this story