Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

In The Middle of a Gunfight

by weezer-rule 2 reviews

Frerard Difficult to summerise. rated for later chapters.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-06-15 - Updated: 2011-06-15 - 1992 words

2Original
A/N Ok this is up about a month later then I planned but I had a bit of a personal crisis which I won't go into. Anyway I hope this doesn't suck too bad because by the looks of it this is going to be really long. I'm going to write this at the same time as my other fic.

“This isn’t how this was supposed to turn out; you said it would be easy” said Gerard tears rolling down his face, why had he agreed to this if he’d just said no then everything would have been fine. He cradled frank who was beginning to slip away “I’m sorry” whispered Frank as he faded away.

~Flashback~

5 years earlier

Gerard was 21 years old and worked in a little store, his life was pretty boring but he had a few friends. Gerard was happy (sort of) I mean his life wasn’t perfect, his brother had moved away which kind of sucked but he didn’t complain Mikey deserved to go to college; it’s just that he missed him. He hadn’t expected Mikey to stay in Belleville like he had; Mikey was destined for bigger things.

Gerard sighed “Spencer, you better not have fallen asleep back there again” he heard a grunt in response that meant he was in fact asleep and wouldn’t be getting up any time soon, Gerard was at work and he was bored as hell, only the regulars came into the store so he basically had nothing to do for his whole shift. His co-workers weren’t very interesting either, he’d sent Ray home early and Spencer was asleep in the back because he was a lazy ass. Gerard groaned two more hours of this he didn’t think he could bear it, In fact being alone with his thoughts like this made him think about how he would probably be doing this for the rest of his life, while his little brother was doing something meaningful with his life. By the time a customer came in Gerard was getting really depressed.

The bell rang signalling that the door had been opened, Gerard looked up, a kid with short spiked hair wearing a battered Black Flag t-shirt was browsing the cereal section. Gerard raised his eyebrows, what was this kid doing in the cereal section (in fact he’d always been confused as to why the store even had a cereal section) he watched the boy with interest it wasn’t like he had anything else to do, except maybe go wake up Spencer. Gerard let his mind wander when suddenly he noticed the boy was stuffing mini cereal boxes into his pockets, what the hell thought Gerard. “Hey, you” said Gerard sternly “what do you think you’re doing!” the kid ran, Gerard wasn’t in the mood for this he grabbed the boys wrist before he could escape. “Let go of me” cried the boy, “no, not until you give the stuff you’ve stolen back” said Gerard, “OW!” yelled Gerard clutching his eye, the little jackass had punched him in the face and ran out of the store with the stolen goods. Spencer came out of the back and looked at Gerard curiously “what happened to you” mumbled Spencer sleepily, “I got punched by some punk, who I tried to stop from stealing from the store” yelled Gerard, “someone stole from the store!” yelled Spencer, “yeah and punched me in the face” said Gerard who was slightly put out that Spencer was more worried about the store then him. “What did he take?” asked Spencer, “some mini cereal boxes” said Gerard who was still clutching his eye “oh thank god I thought he’d taken something expensive, no harm done then” said Spencer smiling. Gerard looked at Spencer incredulously “what about me?”, “go home and get some ice on that eye, I can close up here on my own” said Spencer.

Gerard slammed the door to his flat, alerting his roommate to his presence. His roommate was Patrick Stump, he was 19 years old, he had strawberry blonde hair and is very self conscious which Gerard takes advantage of. “Your home early” yelled Patrick who was in the next room, “something came up at work” mumbled Gerard. This made Patrick curious what could have possibly come up at what was probably the most boring place in the world to work. He walked into the kitchen and gasped “Gee what happened to your eye”, “what this” said Gerard pointing to his now swollen bruised eye “oh nothing, just some jackass punched me in the face when I tried to stop him stealing from the store” said Gerard bitterly, “have we got any ice?”, “hold up you got punched in the face, where were the others” said Patrick incredulously. “Spencer was asleep in the back and I sent Ray home early because he needed to get ready to go out later” said Gerard who was now searching their freezer for ice, “sometimes Gee your too nice for your own good, and ice cubes are in the bottom of the freezer” said Patrick shaking his head. “thanks man” said Gerard who had now found the ice and was finding a cloth to wrap it in “ow that stings”, “yeah it’ll do that, you want me to call your mommy so she can kiss it better teased Patrick, “no thanks, she’d just come over and quiz me about why I’m still single and remind me of what a failure I am” said Gerard a hint of bitterness in his voice, “well what about Mikey he will want to know about this”, “no I don’t need him worrying about me when he needs to be concentrating on his studies”, “well I’m definitely calling Steph” said Patrick heading towards the phone, “no you don’t need to call anybody!” shouted Gerard. Patrick turned to look at him “if you don’t let me call Steph she’ll find out on her own”, “how?”, “well one she is coming over tomorrow and two Amy will be here any minute and as soon as she sees you she’ll call Steph” said Patrick triumphantly, “eurgh, why does your girlfriend have to get involved in everything”, “because she cares about people, so can I call her” “ok if it makes you happy” said Gerard sarcastically.

Frank felt guilty that guy had only been trying to do his job and he’d punched him in the face. When he’d told Alex and Jack they had laughed “did you give him a black eye?” smirked Alex, “I don’t know I didn’t hang around to find out” said Frank, “so what did you get” asked Jack eagerly, “just some mini cereal boxes” admitted Frank. “Wait what!” shouted Alex, “some mini cereal boxes” repeated Frank, “so you punched this guy in the face for some mini cereal boxes” muttered Jack, “I didn’t want to get the guy in trouble by stealing something expensive” mumbled Frank. “Since when have you cared about other people” snorted Alex, this was harsh thought Frank he’d always thought of himself as a considerate person. ”I do care about other people” said Frank, “oh is that why you’re a 17 high school dropout who has run away from home and now gets by, by stealing and dealing drugs” said Jack bluntly, “I don’t deal drugs” said Frank, “come on Frank what do you think are in those packages that Pete gets you to deliver” said Alex siding with Jack as always. Frank wasn’t in the mood for his friends to question his life decisions today, it’s not like they knew the whole story anyway. “guys can you just leave me alone I’m not in the mood for your judgement today” sighed Frank, “okay Frank we’ll go, but I’ll warn you now it’s supposed to rain tonight so you better find somewhere to stay now rather than later” said Jack, “you worry too much, I’ll be fine” said Frank waving them off.

Now Frank was alone it gave him time to think he did love his friends they were just looking out for him after all, but Frank didn’t really want their advice. He found a reasonably comfortable bit of grass in the park and dozed off and began to dream. His life hadn’t always been this messed up when he was younger he’d lived with his parents and everything had seemed great. But then in one day everything changed for the then 13 year old Frank Iero, his mom was killed in a car accident. To say Frank and his father were devastated would be an understatement, his dad was broken. Frank just became angry at the world he’d lost his mom just because some douche bag didn’t stop on a red light it didn’t seem fair. Money started to become a problem, so Frank’s dad started to work more hours so they wouldn’t have to move. This left Frank alone most of the time, he began to think of himself as a burden to his dad, all he did was cost his dad money and not contribute money because he was at school most days. So Frank now 15 made the decision to run away from home, it wasn’t like there was anyone (other than his dad) who would miss him, and he figured he’d give up looking for him eventually, what Frank didn’t realise is that his dad would never give up looking for him. Frank honestly thought he was helping his dad by leaving. Frank had ended up in Belleville, New Jersey a place he’d never heard of but seemed good enough, he even found a place to stay. It was with this guy called Pete Wentz who’d seen him on the streets and taken pity on him, or at least that’s what he told Frank. What Pete really wanted was for Frank to owe him, but by the time he found this out it was too late. Frank moved out onto the streets again, he’d become used to sleeping rough by now and he was getting better at stealing food. It was about this time he met Alex and Jack who found because they were curious about the rumours that there was a boy who lived in the park. He’d befriended them pretty quickly and sometimes when their parents were away he’d stay at their houses. He eventually told them about the whole Pete situation, and that he was paying him off by doing these deliveries for him, they’d been trying to persuade him not to do it ever since.

Frank woke up in a daze, he realised he was soaking wet, ha! thought Frank, Jack was right about something so that meant he should probably find somewhere to crash but he didn’t really feel like he deserved to sleep in a bed tonight, after all he had punched some innocent guy in the face. So he decided that it would be a sleeping bag in an alley for him tonight, it wasn’t like sleeping rough was gonna kill him he’d slept plenty of nights like this. He didn’t plan to be homeless his whole life, just until he’d paid off Pete, then he’d start to do jobs for Pete for actual money rather than just to keep him from beating him up. Now Frank knew Alex and Jack wouldn’t like that, he didn’t understand why they disliked Pete so much, I mean sure he had tricked Frank into owing him but soon he’d be making real money all because of Pete. Frank laughed to himself crime most certainly did pay.
Sign up to rate and review this story