Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Think Happy Thoughts

Cause it Rains and it Pours

by Syphiel 3 reviews

Opening band

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-19 - Updated: 2011-06-20 - 1281 words

1Insightful
Moira pushed the door to the bathroom, on the bus, open a bit so she could hear her band mates. Bill was discussing the songs for that night, not quite loud enough for her to hear if the door was still closed. “So I think we should shake up our set list tonight. Gerard said we have an hour to play so here is what I’m singing. Start off with ‘Rebel’ then a smooth transition into ‘Addiction’. Following a brief guitar change for you Thunder we move onto ‘Come Out Here’ and ‘Self Harm’.”

Moira sighed; she didn’t like any of those songs. They were all written by Bill and were just so hard core and nothing at all like the band had originally started out being about. Their songs had originally been meaningful with lyrics that meant something. Thunder spoke up, “What about those songs that Moira wrote? The ones we normally end gigs with.”

Moira could almost hear the annoyance oozing from Bill, “Cut them. They are depressing and bring the audience down after I got them all pumped up.”

Someone was moving in front of the door, she glimpsed the pure white hair of Thunder and smiled. He hip checked the door closing it so she couldn’t hear anymore. She sighed and went back to wrapping her ribs in the ace bandage so that she could play tonight. Bill was yelling by now from whatever Thunder and Matt had said to him, “Fine fine. Leave her depressing songs in. But the next time we play I’ll have written new songs and we won’t be playing any of her crap.”

Tears pricked her eyes softly. She didn’t move to wipe them away for fear of ruining her makeup for the show. She quickly blinked them back and finished throwing on her vest. She checked the mirror and saw that all her bruises were perfectly hidden. Moira exited the bathroom and walked right up to Bill. She lightly kissed his cheek, “Hey.”

Bill glanced at her and took another drink of his soda, “Yeah? You ready yet?”

Moira nodded, “Yep, just finished my makeup and I’m about to head down to the stage and help the guys with the instruments.”

Bill shrugged, “Fine. I’ll be there in a minute.”

Moira glanced around and noticed that Thunder and Matt had already left. Bill grabbed her arm before she moved, “Actually, we need to talk. Listen, your songs. We can’t use them anymore. We aren’t that type of band. ‘Suicide is Never Painless’ and ‘The Girl in the Red Room’ are just really depressing songs. We want to cheer people up not bring them down. So we are going to play them tonight but then I’m cutting them from the set list.”

Moira looked at the ground. Bill tilted her chin up to face him, “Listen Princess. You aren’t a songwriter. Deal with it.”

Bill walked off the bus towards the venue leaving Moira staring at the ground. Moira sighed letting the small amount of tears roll down her cheeks. She didn’t even care about her stage makeup getting messed up anymore. Wiping the tears away, she threw a fake smile on and quickly ran towards the venue before Bill got angry at her for being late.

The venue was everything they thought it would be and more. So much more then the dinky bars they played at in Jersey. This was a world they didn’t want to give up. Moira adjusted her bass strap and watched Matt twirl his sticks between his fingers. The techs finished setting up their stage and they all took their positions. Moira watched Thunder nod his head three times before they both started the opening notes to ‘Rebel’. Bill grabbed the mic and his sultry voice took over the crowd. The crowd went crazy dancing to songs they had never heard before. It wasn’t long before Moira was dancing around the stage, jumping in the air, and playing on her knees. It was like heaven to her. The music took over her body. She strutted over to Thunder and the two started fake dueling with the necks of their instruments. Moira twirled away from him and strutted over to Matt on the drums. She sat on his bass drum feeling the vibrations as he beat out the rhythm. She jumped forward off of them landing next to Bill. His eyes hardened. She was show boating again and he wasn’t happy about it. She moved to the away from him as the moved on to the last song. Bill smiled at the crowd, “Last song guys then a little band know as My Chemical Romance will be coming on. This song is called ‘The Girl in the Red Room’. Hope you like it.”

(Note: the song is italicized and the description is going on later at night after the show)

She sits alone and stares at the plain white ceiling
The walls just seem close in from every side
She holds her head in defeat
And lets the red walls become her everything


Moira falls backwards onto the bunk, her head slamming into the top bunk. She pushes to stand back up only to feel Bill wrap his arm tightly around her chest. Thunder and Matt sit at the front of the bus ignoring everything that was going on at the back of the bus.

Why
Why can’t I reach her
Why can’t I save her
As she paints the room red again


Moira felt her head snap to the side. She could feel the red blood drip from the cut on her cheek.

Every single flaw
Every single paint drop
Is just a part of her world
And she can’t see past the red red walls


Tears rolled down her cheeks as Bill threw her onto the bunk. Her whole body ached from various cuts and bruises on her body.

Why
Why can’t I reach her
Why can’t I save her
As she paints the room red again


Her sheets slowly turned red from the open wounds dripping blood onto them.

I walk in the room
But she doesn’t see me
A spot of white
In this red red room
All she does
Is lift the paint brush again


Thunder and Matt watch Bill leave the bus heading to the party brewing between the other bands. Thunder nodded to Matt before the two walked to the back of the bus.

Why
Why can’t I reach her
Why can’t I save her
Why can’t I stop this
As she paints the room red again


Thunder sighed, “We gotta stop this Matt.”

Matt nodded, “Yeah. He’s gonna kill her if we don’t stop this soon.”

Matt slowly sat down next to Moira. He lifted her onto his lap so that Thunder could start patching her up. Moira cuddled into Matt’s chest. She glanced up at him, “What did I do?”

Matt rubbed her back comfortingly, “I don’t know darling. I just don’t know.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________


Author’s Note: So yeah. This is what playing Rock Band with my dad on Father’s Day gets everybody. A new chapter of a story I thought was lost to the back of my mind. It’s a scary place in there. So yeah, I’m gonna try and work on this story a lot more. And if anyone cares go read my new story “Supernatural” cause I can’t really tell if anyone likes it and if I should continue it or not.
Sign up to rate and review this story