Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Area 51.

Promise.

by theedgeofglory 1 review

Gerard and Mikey reunite.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-24 - Updated: 2011-06-24 - 1189 words

1Original

Frank shut the door softly behind him, making sure it made nothing louder than a tiny tap as it shut. He turned to face the person that had been knocking so feverishly at the door, then sighed and gave a short laugh.
“I gotta say Mikey; I don’t think Gerard really appreciated that manic knocking on the door.”
He raised his eyebrows at the tall man before him, with perfectly straightened hair. His face seemed a bit longer, maybe a little gaunter then his brothers, but they still looked very similar. Mikey stepped forward, from where he had been leaning against the wall opposite the door, looking expectantly behind Frank.
“I don’t care; can I go see him yet?”
He replied roughly, but his voice had an edge of excitement. Frank sighed, and chuckled to himself.
“I think he’s probably passed out again. But if you really want to, you can go in.”
He replied finally, stepping to the side, letting Mikey rushed past him. When he heard him shut the door, he moved to the other side of the hallway, and sat down against the wall, wondering how Gerard was going to take seeing his brother again.
Gerard still lay on the bed, his eyes closed, still remembering things, trying to work everything out when he could faintly make out the sound of the door opening and closing again above his own blurry thoughts. He was about to try and speak to Frank, demanding more answers, but the person who came into the room spoke first, and it wasn’t Frank.
“...Gee? You awake?”
He recognized the voice instantly, and his brows knitted together, trying to wrap his head around the fact that he just heard his brother speaking to him. The only conclusion he could come to that sounded even vaguely reasonable, what that this was another side effect of the drug, and he was imagining things. He let out a short exasperated laugh, his brow rising in amusement.
“Oh brilliant, I’m going insane. Perfect.”
He opened his eyes, not even really expecting anyone to be stood there. But when he glanced across the room, Mikey was stood perfectly still, just the by door he had just come through, looking at him apologetically.
“Gee, you’re not imagining things. I-...I wish I could have told you I was here.”
Gerard didn’t really know whether he could let himself believe that Mikey was really stood there, but he felt too rough and drained of energy to fight it. He moved his arms, which were hanging lifelessly over the edge of the bed, and managed to push himself into an upright position. His head was spinning like crazy, he felt so dizzy, but he felt like he needed to get up, and get across the room to his brother, he needed to make sure he was real, hug him or something, and make sure he was really there. He shakily got to his feet, and took a few wavering steps before falling forward, bracing himself for another encounter with the floor, but something stopped him half way down. He felt arms wrapped tightly around his stomach, hauling him back to his feet. He tried to look around, and he managed to catch a glimpse of his brothers concerned face, slightly strained as well, trying to hold on to his weight. Mikey dragged Gerard back onto his bed, and sat down on it, propping his older brother up against him, with his arm around his shoulder, to support him. The youngest of the pair looked down at his sibling as he heard him speak.
“I’m glad you’re here Mikes. I can’t make sense of anything yet.”
It would seem to anyone like Gerard hated it here. He didn’t. He wasn’t used to it yet. The drugs hadn’t worn off yet and he couldn’t think straight. But he had his brother back, and he was out of the shithole that was his old life. He shut his eyes again, concentrating on his breathing. He knew it would help him feel more human again.
“Why didn’t you tell me where you were going though?”
Mikey glanced down at him, a sympathetic look on his face.
“You know the answer to that, Gee, I know you do.”
Gerard sighed. It’s true, he did. He wanted to be mad at his brother for leaving him without a trace. When he first left he tried to convince himself he was better off without him and he didn’t need anyone, not ever. But something at the back of his mind told him that wasn’t true, but he had refused to listen to it till now. He needed his brother. He didn’t have anyone else. Maybe being here would change that. Maybe he would find other people, he was just sick of being alone. Gerard gave a tired grunt, letting Mikey completely support his weight. He just wanted to sleep off the stupid sedative Frank had given him. He felt rough.
“You wanna go to sleep Gee?”
He heard Mikey ask softly, and Gerard nodded, locks of black hair falling across his face. Mikey smiled, and gently stood up, watching as his older brother slumped down against the pillows. He then pulled the blanket across the now collapsed man, covering him with it, then turned and left the room, letting him sleep. Mikey shut the door quietly behind him, then looked at Frank who was still sat on the floor, leant against the wall opposite. Mikey simply smiled, and Frank nodded, assuming things must have gone well, then watched as Mikey turned and headed back down the corridor, towards his own room.
Frank heaved himself to his feet, and let himself back into his room, where he instantly noticed Gerard who was, seemingly, asleep in his own bed. His eyes were closed, and his breathing was quiet, but steady, which was a good sign. He moved over and lay down on his own bed, putting his hands behind his head, and staring up at the ceiling. When he settled, he heard his new roommate murmur something from the other side of the room, and he twisted his head to look at him.
“Hmm?”
He hummed to Gerard, trying to work what he had said. He watched as Gerard’s lips started to move, mumbling something, very quietly, before finally making a coherent sentence.
“You won’t ever disappear again?”
He paused, his eyebrows moving into a pleading expression, and then added;
“Please don’t ever disappear.”
Frank presumed he was aiming that at Mikey, so spoke on behalf of him.
“He won’t leave. I won’t either.”
Frank barely knew the guy, but he could already tell they were going to get along well. At least he hoped they would. He was certainly going to try his hardest to befriend him, and then the rest was up to his barely conscious roommate.



~~
Yeah, sorry thats kinda short. And kinda boring. :'] And took a while to get up.
Sign up to rate and review this story