Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Is It Hard Understanding I'm Incomplete?

Blow The Candles Out

by sushiipodrocks 2 reviews

Will Frank's birthday go ahead as planned?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-06-25 - Updated: 2011-06-25 - 2576 words - Complete

1Original

Hey, I had a bit of writers block with this chapter - I knew the start and the ending but the middle took me pretty much all day to get right. Hope you enjoy :)



Gerard's POV

Today's date: Wednesday, October 31st, Frank's seventeenth birthday. I had the whole day planned out, and the best thing? Frank was totally oblivious. Frank's Mother still wasn't back from her business trip, neither were my parents. Therefore, Frank has been staying at my house so he isn't all alone.

I turned over in my bed, facing Frank's beautiful sleeping body. I could have watched him sleep all day, but it was a Wednesday, which meant we had school. I planted a kiss on his lips. His eyes fluttered open and soon found mine.

"Happy Birthday babe." I said, kissing him again.

"You know," Frank began sleepily. "I prefer this wake up so much more compared to my alarm clock at home."

I laughed, sitting up.

"Right babe, go and get in the shower before Mikey gets up and uses all the hot water." I said. Frank groaned and slowly walked towards the bathroom. I couldn't help but stare at his ass whilst he walked away from me.

Once the door was locked, I ran upstairs to the kitchen. I slid some pop-tarts into the toaster and flicked the coffee maker on. I grabbed the heart-shaped tray, which my Dad brought for when he made breakfast in bed for my Mom on Valentine's Day, and placed a single rose in a small glass vase in the centre. I then sprinkled the base of the tray with black and red heart-shaped confetti. I quickly made the coffee and poured it in to the new mug I'd brought Frank. It was one of those cups that you could get personalised. It was plain white with a photo of Frank and me.

After the pop-tarts were done, I placed the on the tray along with the coffee and took it back to my bedroom. The shower had stopped now, yet the tap was running. Frank must be brushing his teeth. I figured I'd have a few minutes to prepare.

I smoothed out my duvet and sprinkled it with more heart-shaped confetti, placing the tray carefully upon it. I then took two of the many presents I'd brought for Frank out of their hiding place in my closet, and sat on my bed waiting.



Frank's POV

I didn't feel any different when I woke up this morning, but I'm finally seventeen now. I hadn't had very many good birthdays in the past, as my Dad didn't really believe in celebrating getting older and closer to death. Yet my Mom always tried to make an effort with my presents.

I could tell today was different. I knew Gerard had something planned; he'd been acting all secretive all week.

After my shower I brushed my teeth, and decided to smudge on my favourite eyeliner. I walked out of the bathroom dressed only in a towel with dripping wet hair; still smudging my eyes.

"Have a nice shower sweetie?" I heard Gerard ask.

"Yeah thanks, it was..." I looked up to see Gerard sitting on his bed. His bed.

"You'll catch flies." Gerard laughed. "Do you like it?"

"Gerard..." I whispered. "It's beautiful. I love it!" I walked carefully over to the bed, not wanting to spill the breakfast. Gerard picked up the tray and placed it on his bed side table, enabling space for me to sit. I couldn't keep myself composed any longer; I pounced on Gerard, giving him apassionate kiss. He moaned in enjoyment, but then pulled away -much too soon for my liking. I pouted.

I pinned him back down onto the bed and kissed him again.

"Frankie." Gerard moaned, pulling away yet again. "I would happily sit here all day and kiss you..."

"Good." I said, smashing my lips back on to his.

"But... we do have... school..." Who needs school? "And... Iwanna give... you your presents." Presents? I pulled away quickly and sat up.

Gerard laughed, handing me my coffee.

I took a sip but noticed Gerard grinning at me.

"What?" I asked. "Is there something wrong with the coffee?"

"Nope." He said, still grinning.

I peered into the mug - it was just an average cup of coffee.

Gerard took the mug off me and held it up in front of my face.

"Oh." I said, realising that the mug was one of my presents. I looked at the picture of Gerard and I, it was taken last Sunday when we went to the mall, in one of those photo booths. I was sitting on Gerard's lap kissing his perfect lips.

"It's beautiful." I said.

"Read the message." He said, pointing to the words under the picture.

"The world is ugly, but you're beautiful to me."

"They're new lyrics I've been working on, what do you think?"

"Simply beautiful." I smiled, staring into his deep, hazel eyes.

My eyes travelled to the two wrapped packages sitting next to Gerard. He must have noticed me looking, as he laughed and handed them to me. The first package was small and soft; I opened it to reveal the new, limited edition, Misfits t-shirt. The second present was the finished painting Gerard was working on in art last week. He'd framed it and it looked even more beautiful than the last time I saw it.

"Gerard..." I said breathlessly. I really was lost for words."Just... Thank you!"



Gerard's POV

School was pretty shit today, so I was happy when the bell rang to signal the end of the day. I grabbed Frank's hand and literally ran with him the whole way back to my house.

When we arrived, I gestured Frank down to my bedroom whilst I got us drinks. I walked in to the kitchen and quickly texted Mikey.

Mikey, we're back. I'll keep him in my room until you're ready. Once everything's done, text me. G Xoxo

I walked down to my room to find Frank sitting on my bed staring at me, his eyes full of excitement. I turned and locked my door before walking over to my closet. I could feel Frank' eyes following my every move. I opened the closet door and pulled out a large box of wrapped gifts.

Frank was so cute when he opened his presents; his eyes grew big each time he unwrapped the packages. My bed was a mess. We were surrounded with ripped paper and various unwrapped gifts. I'd brought Frank some finger-less, skeleton gloves, which he was already wearing. A 'Nightmare Before Christmas' hoody, a couple of CD's, some new ripped skinny jeans and Green Day tickets.



Frank's POV

He'd brought me fucking Green Day tickets! I nearly died when I unwrapped them; I was so excited. This has definitely the best birthday I'd ever had, all thanks to Gerard - the most amazing guy in this whole world. He has given me so much more than I could have ever wished for. I felt so lucky having a boyfriend as caring as Gerard. Someone up there must actually love me.

Gerard was in the bathroom, talking to Mikey on his phone. Did he seriously have something else planned for me? I thought about what could possibly make this day any better. I suppose seeing my Mom would. She did say that she'd be back today - I couldn't wait for her to meet Gerard. I flipped open my phone: No new messages.

That was strange, surely she wasn't too busy to text her own son Happy Birthday? I decided to text her anyway.

Hey Mom, just checking to see if you're okay. Are you still going to make it back today? You know, seeing as though it's my birthday. I have someone for you to meet too. I'm really missing you, come home soon. Love you. Frank xxx

I sighed, placing my phone back in the pocket of my jeans.

"Hey Frank." Gerard said, walking out of the bathroom. "I have another surprise for you."

Gerard led me up the stairs, covering my eyes with his hands. I felt him hold his breath as we entered the living room, followed by what sounded like a "Wow."

Gerard removed his hands.

"Surprise!"

Standing in front of me was Mikey, Bob and Ray, accompanied by a girl I'd never seen before. I looked around the room. It was decorated with black streamers and fake spider webs, along with fake blood splashed against the walls. The couch was hidden under a black sheet, and the floor was covered in confetti. It looked amazing. I stood in the doorway with my mouth hanging open - speechless.

"You're gonna get spiders crawling into that mouth of yours." Gerard whispered, leading me in to the centre of the room. I cringed at the thought of spiders running on my face.

Mikey ran up to me, followed by a girl dressed in a pretty black dress. She was about the same height as Mikey and had long, dark hair. She wore black eyeliner, under and over her eyes.

"You know, I'm so angry at Mikey for not introducing us sooner." She said happily, pulling me into a hug. "I'm Alicia, Mikey's girlfriend. It's so great to finally meet you Frank! Do you like skittles?"

"Alicia! Now he's gonna know what we brought him!" Mikey whined. I laughed.

"Well he is now you've said that Mikes." She said rolling her eyes.

"Have you had a good day Frankie?" She asked. I nodded shyly. "Good! You know, Mikey and I saw a unicorn on our way over here today!Can you believe that? A real unicorn!"

Now I knew why they were going out - they seriously were perfect for each other.

"Oh hey Gerard!" Alicia screamed, pulling him into a hug. "I love your hair! I've always said you should go red."

"Time to get this party started!" Bob yelled, emerging from the kitchen with five bottles of bear and a glass of lemonade. He distributed them, giving the lemonade to Gerard. I wondered why Gerard wasn't drinking, yet I didn't want to ask just in case he got sensitive.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Mikey suggested loudly.

"Seriously Mikey? We play that game at every party - it isn't pretty." Ray said.

"Yeah well, this is Frank's first party here so he needs to see what we do!" Mikey protested.

"Come on Ray, it'll be fun." Alicia chimed.

We all sat in a circle on the floor of the Way's living room.

"Okay, we'll let Frank spin first seeing as though it's his birthday." Mikey said.

I took a deep breath as my hand advanced towards the bottle. I'd never placed this game before and didn't really know how it worked. The bottle started spinning, everybody was watching it. Finally it stopped; it landed on me. Great.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Dare" I said, feeling brave. The five of the grinned evilly and huddled together to plan my dare. Shit.

"Okay." Bob said. "Seeing as though it's your birthday, and your first time playing this game, we'll go easy on you. We dare you to lick Ray's armpit continuously for thirty seconds."

Ray took off his shirt and lifted up his right arm.

"Don't worry Frankie, I had a shower three days ago."

Three days ago? Oh God!

"Just imagine it's Gerard's dick" Mikey laughed. Gerard threw a cushion at his head.

Okay, here goes I thought. I stuck my tongue out timidly and moved it towards Ray's hairy armpit.

"You gotta lick it." Bob said. "Can't just touch it with your tongue.

I did it. I started licking his armpit, grimacing. It really was disgusting. I swear, I counted to thirty about five times in my head. It seemed like forever when Alicia screamed "Time." I pulled away and took a long swing from my beer.

"Okay, my turn to spin." Gerard announced. He spun the bottle again. This time it landed on Alicia.

"Right. Alicia, we dare you to go next door to our bitch of a neighbour and ask her to borrow a tampon. Oh and make sure you tell her that you'll return it after you're done."

This dare really was genius.

Alicia stood up and cracked her knuckles; walking over to the door. We all followed her but stopped just inside our house - close enough to hear and not be seen.

"Hey sweetie is your Mother in?" We heard Alicia ask.

"Yeah, are you here for sweets?" The kid sounded about six if that.

"No thank you darling, I was just wondering if your Mom had a spare tampon?"

"Mom!" The kid screamed. "There's a girl at the door who needs a tampon!" I swear, the whole neighbourhood could have heard. I could hear shuffling going on in the house until the Mother spoke.

"I'm sorry if my son embarrassed you, he doesn't quite understand yet." She said apologetically.

"That's okay." Alicia said. "Thank you so much - I'll bring it back once I've finished with it."

As soon as Alicia walked back into the house, we all collapsed with laughter.

"You should have seen her face! God that was priceless!" Alicia laughed.

We spent the next hour or so playing truth or dare, and I've got to say the best dare was for Bob. The look on the Way brother's faces when the bottle landed on him - you could tell they'd had this planned.

They dared Bob to kiss Ray. And I'm not talking a peck on the lips here, no; it was a total make-out session. I swear, they looked like they were enjoying just as much as we were.

Bob was in the kitchen now, probably getting more beer. I lay back against Gerard.

"Thank you, this has been the best day ever." I muttered.

"I just wanted it to be special Frankie." Gerard said, kissing the top of my head.

"It was."

"And it hasn't ended yet."

As if on cue, the lights turned off and Bob entered the room; his face lit up by seventeen little candles squashed on a cake.

I stood smiling awkwardly as they all sang 'Happy Birthday'to me.



Gerard's POV

"Okay everybody." I announced loudly. "I think it's about time we make a toast. To Frank; beautiful, talented Frank. Happy Birthday baby."

"To Frank." The glasses chimed.

"Thanks." Frank mumbled.

"So, who wants a slice of cake?" Bob asked. "I made it myself!" Before anyone could answer, Frank's phone began to ring.

"Hello? ... Yes, this is Frank Iero... Excuse me, but who is this? ... what? ... I'm not following? ... No! DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME!" Frank shouted the last words, tears falling down his face, as he smashed his phone against the wall.

Everybody was staring at him. He was in hysterics. I ran and pulled him into a hug.

"Shhh, Frank what's wrong? Who was that on the phone?" I asked quietly.

Frank tried to speak, but each time he open his mouth, he let out a cry. Alicia passed him a glass of water.

"The police..." Frank managed.

"The police? What did they want? What's happened Frank? You can tell me."

"They said... my Mom... accident... hospital...unconscious." He broke down again - shaking vigorously.

"Bob! Drive us to the hospital. Now!"

Thanks for reading! Please R&R Thanks. Aiysha Xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story