Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Hostel

chapter 2

by xmyfacehurtsx 0 reviews

everyone gets to know eachother a little bit better

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-06-26 - Updated: 2011-06-26 - 920 words

0Unrated
“There you are, everybody’s waiting.” Violet said as they reached the bottom of the stairs, she was leaning on a doorframe looking slightly bored. With that she turned and walked through the door with the guys following behind her. The room was obviously the main sitting room because it was the messiest. There were about three large leather sofas, a big screen TV and a large coffee table in the middle and all of it was covered in the general debris of life. Magazines, newspapers empty cigarette packets and there seemed to be an awful lot of wine glasses which was very odd.

In the room stood seven people, excluding Violet and the boys. They stood in a line almost as if on parade, they obviously didn’t want to be there and wanted to get this meet and greet over and done with. They all made their introductions and quickly left the room, all except one woman who had been sat on one of the sofas the whole time. She was beautiful but not in the same way as Violet. Her face was rounder and more kind and she had long black hair which was very sleek. She also had warm brown eyes like chocolate. Mikey in particular found her very appealing and in a rare moment, started the conversation with her.

“Hello my names Mikey, what’s yours?” he asked moving nearer to her.

“I’m Aggie.” She held out her hand and Mikey shook it, smiling.

“So,” he said sitting down next to her, “how long have you been staying here?”

“Oh I’ve been here years; I helped Vi set up this place.” It was at this moment that the guys realised that Violet was no longer in the room so they felt comfortable to voice their opinions.
“She’s a bit odd.” Said frank, also taking a seat on one of the sofas.

“Who VI? Yes I suppose she is a bit, I barely notice it anymore but yes she is a very strange person. Personally I think it’s the whole mind reading thing it kind of warps her perception of things.”

“Wait hold on mind reading?” Gerard asked looking thouroughly confused.

“Didn’t she tell you that? Ah well Vi can read minds it’s her gift. It’s very useful but very annoying at the same time.” She said smiling. “well anyway I need to go have a bath so I’ll leave you boys to explore.” And with that she got up and left the room. The guys did what she said and started to explore, eventually Gerard found himself alone and entering a room at the back of the house.

As he entered the room he gasped, it was a library. Not just any library but possibly the biggest collection of books in one room that he had ever seen. He was too busy staring in awe at the books that he didn’t notice the person climbing on one of the bookshelves before she jumped off.

“Oh hi there. I see you’ve found the library.” It was Violet, after he had recovered from the shock he replied;

“yes I guess I have. It’s beautiful, how many books are in here?”
“ooh about eight thousand I think. I’ve never really counted. I probably should one day.” She moved over to one of the many spindly tables (which were also stacked with books) and sat down. She gestured for him to do the same.

“this is my favourite room of the house; it has a lot more history in it.” Gerard looked at one of the books on the table it was a first edition of Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol.

“how long have these books been here?” he asked

“Well some were here when I bought the house in 1920 and I’ve added the rest over the years.”

“wow. If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been like this?”

“Since 1914, I was a field nurse on the Somme and my tent got bombed. A sergeant happened to be like us and changed because I saved a friend of his life. He also changed my brother because he was a patient and was going to die. How about you?” a strange sadness came into her eyes as she recounted her past, Gerard couldn’t possibly imagine what it must have been like to be in that war.

“Oh only 2001. I was in the twin towers. One of the firemen that came was like us and he found me and changed me.” This time it was Violet who felt awed; she couldn’t imagine what it must have been like to be in those buildings.

“Oh that must have been awful. What about your friends?” Gerard for the first time looked uncomfortable and slightly ashamed.

“well when I was first created I was a bit out of control and I turned my Brother by accident. It sort of followed on from there.” He looked at the ground.

“you know it’s un-common. Most newbies bite someone they know, however most of the time they kill their victims. So what you did was actually better.” She put a reassuring hand on his shoulder and then glanced at her watch.

“I have to go and get Aggie out of the bath we’re going out this evening. Feel free to borrow any book you want.”

She left him sitting in the wonderful room thinking about her.
Sign up to rate and review this story