Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Helena

15 - Blade You Stain

by Nightstars 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-02 - Updated: 2011-07-02 - 773 words - Complete

1Moving
15 - Blade You Stain

Friday....
The day loomed over their head as the sun rose that morning but was quickly covered my dark grey clouds that darkened their moods even farther. They could feel the sense of impending doom that grew as the hour came closer to them.

"Mikey."
The younger Way turned as Frank moved to stand beside him at the frank room window.
"Oh," he mumbled, "Hey, Frank."
Suddenly he was tugged into a hug.
"It's gonna be okay Mikey, we're all gonna get through this."
He smiled and hugged him back, sniffing quietly as he nodded against his shoulder.
"Thanks, Frankie, " he whispered as the shorter man smiled and pulled back.
"Okay, well, I'm gonna make breakfast before we go so get Gerard down from his room."
Mikey nodded, and tried to hold back the laughter that bubbled forward at the thought of Frank cooking. The shorter raised an eyebrow at Mikey's contorted expression but shrugged it off and made his way to the kitchen. Mikey took in a deep breath and turned to make his way up the staircase.

The older Way sat in his bed, his legs crossed as he drew in a sketchbook. His pencil flew across the page and occasionaly he would sigh and tug a hand through his tangled mass of black locks.
"Gee."
He didn't look up from the page in his sketchbook as he pulled the pencil in a deep curve and heard a soft knock at his bedroom door.
"Gerard are you up?"
He grunted softly and heard a sigh from behind the door. His eyes raced across the page, scanning for any stray lines that he had missed before he placed the pencil back against the paper.
"Gerard, I'm coming in and if you're not up I'm gonna let Frank make you eat his breakfast."
The door creaked open but still his eyes stayed on the lines that were left in the wake of his pencil. He sighed and from the corner of his eye he saw his younger brother enter the room. He just bent his head farther over his drawing and let the pencil fly.
"Gee," Mikey said as he sat down beside his brother on the bed and curled his legs in the same manner as Gerard's. "I'm serious, Frank is gonna come over here and yell at us if we don't get ready soon."
Gerard didn't reply, he kept his eyes on the page and curled his hand tighter on the pencil.
"Gerard," Mikey asked, worry quickly lacing his voice. "What's wrong?"
"I don't," the elder managed to choke out before he had to take a deep breath. "I don't want to go."
Mikey stared at his brother in shock for a moment before talking to him in a gentle voice.
"What do you mean, Gerard? We have to go."
"I don't want to."
As he spoke, Gerard placed his sketchbook to the side and hugged his knees to his chest.
"Gerard," Mikey said, his voice hardening, "We have to go. We have to."
"I don't want to," Gerard said as his voice trembled and tears sprung to his eyes. "I don't want to tell her goodbye."
Mikey's eyes watered as he stared at his brother, his knees brought up to his chest as he rocked himself gently.
"I don't want to say goodbye," Gerard whispered and shut his eyes, his face twisted painfully as tears spilled down his face.
The younger could feel his heart aching as the words that his brother whispered sunk deep into his mind. Was this really a goodbye? His thoughts whirled in his head, pounding against his brain and making his head pound.
"We're not saying goodbye," he murmured gently to his brother and reached out to grip his hands. "We're just telling her that, we'll see her again."
Gerard just closed his eyes tighter and nodded slowly as Mikey reached over and pulled his brother to him.
"Do you think so, Mikes?"
The younger didn't reply as he shut his lids over watery orbs and wished with all his heart that he was right. That this wasn't a goodbye.
Against his shoulder, the older Way sniffled and wiped furiosly at his tears, forcing them to leave his face before he pulled away and stared at his younger brother.
"I gotta get ready," he mumbled and Mikey nodded, pulling his brother into one last hug before leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.
It was only then that Gerard bowed his head and let his tears truly flow. Only then that the older Way let his true pain show.
Sign up to rate and review this story