Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > That Green Gentlemen

That Green Gentlemen

by Uriefury 1 review

It's the prequel to She Had The World. Now you know what happens in court I'll update this one too. Hope it wont be too confusing x3

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-05-22 - Updated: 2011-05-22 - 3281 words

1Funny
ITS THE PREQUEL! fancy music no, the un-prequel (I don't know) is far from done. But I hope you like this one. I'm sorry, I'm not imaginative enough to write fancy disclaimers today but I would like to say thankyou to the reviews I get here especially as on ficwad I generally don't know who you are, but you guys rule! If you have twitter then follow me (@imharkmoppus) and we can fangirl or whatever x3

(PREQUELp1) ryans POV:

"I'm so glad I'm moving. Nothing can be worse than this hellhole" I talked to myself as i tossed clothes into my bag. I Looked down at my wrists, running my fingers along my latest breakdown. Frank had left me after a huge misunderstanding and he was the only thing good about this town. But I'm not thinking of that ever again. I'm not ashamed of how I deal with things, even as i look at the thin, pale scars on my chest, which shined eerily in the sunlight as I pulled on my shirt. Ever since dad died from alcohol abuse when I was 13, I've lived with my mum. Having moved twice already, I'm moving again. 
"I hate this place" I looked in the mirror and sighed, tenderly touching the dark bruise on my cheek, from where i got smashed into my locker a few days ago. Frank was the only one that cared, that stopped me from getting hurt. 
"tossers I hate everyone" I pulled my jeans over my skinny hips and threw more clothes into my bag. I dont want to bring most of the clothes I own, so in the process of getting I ready i grabbed my skinny jeans and hoodies, my band shirts, my converses; Hats, scarves, gloves, eyeliner. Anything else worthy of bringing was already the big van, which included my bed, computer and mirror.
"I really want to make friends in this new place, I've had enough of being bullied" I said as I slung the bag on my back and went downstairs.
"hi mum" I sat down on the sofa, next to mum, who was crying. "what's wrong?" 
"oh, ryry, I just miss your dad" she said, wiping her eyes and composing herself. 
"I do too mum" I put my bag on the floor and brought my knees up to my face. "I've got everything packed now"
"okay, that's just about everything except the sofa, then we'll leave. Are you looking forward to this?" mum put my bag on her back and smiled. I got up off the sofa as the movers came to take it.
"yeah, anythings better than here now" i replied.
"Ryan, you'll make friends there, i know it. You'll get through" mum pulled me into another hug. 
"I hope so" i hugged mum back and sighed.
"so Frank hasn't called to say goodbye?" mum said, moving some hair out of my eyes. I blinked away tears and looked at my feet.
"no. He hasn't talked to me at all. I'm not even sure he knows" I sobbed, wiping my face and moving away. 
"Ry, I know you really loved him. It'll be okay though. Do you want to ring him?" mum asked, moving towards me and rubbing my back softly. I wiped my face and shook my head. 
"thanks for being supportive though" I sniffed, hugging my mum. 

                                       *

it's 8:45, monday morning. I'm struggling to make my way through the corridor at my new school, ignoring insults and dodging people who look like they might push me over. I turned a corner and walked in my skinny jeans, hoodie and converses, heavy black makeup around my eyes. My dark brown hair covered most of my face, my hood up. Surrounded by people in tracksuits and trainers. I was definitely the odd one out here. I could see other people dressed a bit like me, but they were surrounded by friends, new people. I hate new people. I hate new schools. I groaned quietly to myself as I turned another corner and stared down a crowded corridor. I looked down onto a map, trying to locate my locker. It looked like it was on this corridor SOMEWHERE. I looked up to see a boy in trackies and a tight vest, who was staring at me.
"hahaha look at that! Dont it make you chuckle. It's an emo! EMO FAG!!" he shouted from across the hallway and pointed at me, which I responded to by pulling my hood more securely on my head and tensing my shoulders. I sighed, surprised he knew such a complex word as chuckle, and carried on walking. 
"yeah you walk away! Too scared to do anything" I groaned and shook my head, ignoring the dickhead and eventually finding my locker; where I dumped my bag and pulled out a balled up lump of clothes from it. My new PE kit. A bright blue shirt with matching shorts, and trainers. I reluctantly pulled the horrible attire out of my locker and made my way to the changing rooms. 

"hey! look! It's that emo! He's gunna strip for us!" the guy from the hall said, standing in just his boxers as I pulled off my shirt. Great. I'm so self conscious, this dick is gonna look at me. I kept head down and quickly pulled on the blue shirt. 
"You scrawny git, I bet you don't even work out!" the guy said, pushing his way through the other boys in the changing room and approaching me, grinning cockily. Who would WANT to work out? "aren't you gonna answer me, emo?" the guy spat at me, and pushed me into the wall. I winced at his hands squeezing my bony shoulders to a pulp. "what's with those gloves fag? Hiding something? Let's just take these off and.." the guy was interrupted by a slightly smaller but better looking boy.
"what's with you Derk? Leave the poor kid alone, he's not done anything wrong!" he stepped in between me and the bully. I breathed out in relief, I wasn't scared but a fight really wasn't what I needed.
"whatever jared. FAG!" the guy had one final scowl at me and went back to his clothes.
"umm, thanks" I looked down at my thankfully gloved hands and murmured.
"that's okay, you didn't deserve that. I'm jared" jared pulled on his trainers then sat down next to me, he seemed nice enough. I fiddled with the already fraying hem of my shirt. 
"err hi I'm Ryan" I said as I finished getting changed.
"hey look, why don't you come hang out with us at lunch?" Jared stood up and offered a hand to me, who stood up and shook mine when I offered it.
"umm, sure, if that's okay" i scratched his head and grimaced.
"yeah sure it is! Forget about Derk, he doesnt talk for all of us. cmon!! I'll be partners with you, let's go" i smiled slightly and we left the changing rooms, making our way to the hall. In the hall there were three nets, today we were playing badminton. Great, im so crap at any type of sports, and I tell myself this ALL the time. Just so I don't forget and make myself look like a right twat. Jared and I took rackets and a shuttlecock from the box and moved to a net. 4 other boys soon joined us on the net and we started up a full match. I moved to the back where a shuttlecock hardly ventured. In mt spare time of hanging about; that's when I saw him. On the net on the other side of the PE hall, was a tall, dark haired and very handsome boy, playing with that Derk and 4 other people I hadn't met yet. Oh god, he's gorgeous, Even from a distance. I sighed at the fact that a guy like that was probably straight and seemed to like Derk, and turned my head back to my own game, narrowly missing a shuttlecock to the head. I looked back over to the dark haired boy, who wasnt built up but wasnt skinny like me. He never missed a shot. I bit my lip anxiously, wondering what he was like.
"hey Ryan! Get your head in the game!!" Jared shouted over the net to me. I blushed, trying to ignore flashbacks of that horrible film I once saw: high school musical. from then on made myself keep my eyes on the shuttlecock. After an intense 45 minutes of crappy badminton playing, I hastily got changed back into my jeans and made my way back to my locker. I threw the horrible PE kit into it's new place, at the very back of my locker, and picked up my English book. I grimaced and made my way upstairs, thinking about the boy I'd saw in badminton.
"where have you been Ryan? You're late!" Miss Reyes turned to face me, talking in a stern voice. I blushed in front of the whole class like an idiot.
"s-sorry miss, I was dawdling" I shuffled my feet on the spot and then when she dismissed me, i sat at the front, where I stood a better chance of being left alone.
"sorry im late miss Reyes, I forgot my book" the dark haired boy from PE walked in confidently, I gasped and my eyes widened. I hid my face in shame.
"okay, thankyou. Brendon. Before you sit down, can you and Ryan collect the 'much ado about nothing' books from mr Blaine's classroom upstairs please?" Brendon nodded and my heart jumped. I got up and we left the room, i slowly followed behind Brendon. What a cool name, Brendon. Sure as hell beats mine.
"hey I didn't think Derk was being fair to you in the changing rooms earlier" Brendon fell back, now walking next to Me, i blushed yet again. "I could talk to him, if you want?" Brendon asked me. My eyes widened, would he actually stick up for me?!
"uuh-ummmm.." I stuttered and my heart threw itself up into my throat. "no, no don't worry, I get it all the time. Are you one of his mates?" I asked bravely.
"oh god no. I hate that dick. Coach put me in his badminton team this morning" he replied, running a hand through his brown hair. Mnh, I want to try that. I shook away that slightly disturbing thought.
"hmm, I always seem to attract bullies" I spoke quietly, shoving my hands in my pockets.
"Well you shouldn't, I've never saw you retaliate or anything" Brendon said as we approached the stairs, leading to the second floor.
"um, well, thanks. I'm just the odd one out" I looked at my feet instead of Brendon as we walked up the stairs, making sure I didn't fall and make myself look like an idiot. 
"well you seem really nice, I don't know what's wrong with them!" Brendon turned to face me at the top of the stairs. He didnt look like one of the chavs. He was wearing just jeans and a tight red top. On his wrist was a lostprophets wristband, the same as what i was wearing. I bit my lip and moaned inwardly.
"do you have facebook or msn?" Brendon carried on walking next to me. I cringed away, embarrassed almost.
"you actually want my email? you're, you're not joking are you?" i looked at him in disbelief and he gave me the most heart exploding smile.
"yeah I do! And look, don't worry, im not going to give it to any of those dicks, I know what it's like to be picked on Ryan" he smiled and knocked on Mr Blaine's door, making me calm my breathing down. Stupid asthma. 
"yes boys?" mr Blaine approached the door and looked at us. I subtly hid myself behind brendon, who subtly seemed to be guarding me. Or I was imagining it? Hmm, he smelled good. Yeah, just casually sniffing this boy, books please? 
"can we have 'the much ado about nothing' books? Miss Reyes is asking" Brendon asked confidently, making me smile at him.  
"yes boys, come in, the two blue boxes on the left have those books in them" mr Blaine opened the door wider to let us in. 
"hey emo! He's so scrawny I bet he couldnt even carry one of those boxes!" Derk laughed, balled up a piece of paper and threw it at Me. I ignored him and grabbed a box.
"Derk! there's no need for names!" mr Blaine bellowed over the class. Derk raised his hands in acceptance.
"thanks sir" Brendon said while holding a box in one and pulling the door shut with the other. Wow, he was strong, truth be told I was having trouble carrying this box with both of my hands. 
"so can I have your msn?" Brendon asked me, standing slightly closer to me.
"urrr, um, yeah. I'll give it to you after class" I stuttered. Is he joking? Is this real! I thought to himself, he was smiling kindly at me, which made my heart melt.
"that's cool, I'll meet you by your locker later then" brendon said, grinning at me. I smiled back at brendon and lost my footing at the top of the stairs. I fell down. ARGH CRAP. this fucking hurts. What a wanker, I fucking fell down the stairs.
"Ryan! Shit!" Brendon left the box of books at the top and came racing down the stairs to me. I squinted my eyes, my head burning with pain.
"Ryan you okay?" brendon asked quietly, touching my shoulders lightly. I loved his touch. I thought back to the splitting pain in my head and groaned.
"ow. shit" I sat up and started hastily picking up the books, ignoring my head. He put a hand to my head and brought it back, grimacing at the blood.
"god Ryan, forget about them, I'll do that. Your head is bleeding really bad" Brendon shook his hand off as stopped me from moving, then began to collect the books; going back upstairs to grab his box.
"I'll just go take these to our classroom then I'll take you to the nurse, yeah?" Brendon spoke softly to me, holding both boxes in his bloody hand and helping me up with the other.
"umm yeah, okay" I stood up and put my hand to my head, groaning. We walked in silence, brendons hand firmly on my back in case I fell over. his hand on my back felt so good, I didn't even care that my head was bleeding.
"my hands covered in your blood" he laughed a bit, looking down at the now partially bloody box.
"well, you didn't have to put your hand in it" I laughed, swaying a bit. He stopped walking and steadied me before carrying on.
"thankyou" I whispered softly. "you're really good at this kind of stuff" I smiled at him. He smiled back and readjusted the books in his other hand. "sorry for making you carry all of those" I said, gesturing to the books. He laughed a bit and i looked at my feet, hiding my blushing, again. I have such a blushing problem.
"you're sorry? Ryan, you plonker, you can't be sorry for an accident!" he laughed softly and he smiled at me again, my heart going insane. I laughed a bit and looked at my hand, it was covered in blood. He bit his lip but then smiled down at me. He should stop smiling at me like that before my heart blew up. We reached our classroom, and brendon pushed the door open and poked his head in.
"here's the books miss. Ryan took a bad fall down the stairs, is it okay if I take him to the nurse?" brendon walked in and put the boxes on table i was sitting at earlier. I followed after him, showing my shame to the whole class. miss Reyes looked at my head and winced. The whole class laughed at me, but I didn't care because brendon had replaced his hand on my back.
"Ryan" she furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head in possibly disappointment and judgement. "yes brendon that's very kind of you" miss smiled to both of us and began in handing out the books as we left for the nurse. The nurses office was a few doors down, and we walked in silence.
"nurse? Ryans got a bad cut here" brendon opened the door and led me in, i showed the nurse the cut on my forehead
"ahh. How did you manage to do that. Sit down there and ill just fetch something. Just a minute" she walked into her office hastily.
"are you okay Ryan, you look really pale" brendon looked at me worriedly, I started to breathe really heavy. Great, to top it all off, i was having an asthma attack.
"umm yeah. hang on" I dug through my pocket and blushed, desperately to keep my breathing in control. Eventually I found my inhaler, took a couple of deep breaths from it and then leaned against the wall.
"I'm asthmatic" I looked over to brendon and eventually smiled to reassure him I was okay now. He had his hand on my shoulder now, he was keeping me steady from lack of oxygen. What an episode I've had. 
"ooh okay" brendon said while the nurse came hurrying back with a first aid box. His hand slowly slipped off my shoulder.
"right, just gonna wipe it Ryan, don't jump" she said while smiling and pulling on some gloves. As she started wiping my forehead i squinted my eyes in pain.
"it won't need anything but a dressing, you're fine" she took a dressing pad and smacked it to my forehead. I looked in the mirror and sighed, covering the bandage with my fringe.
"thankyou nurse, bye" I said, leaving the room with brendon.
"hey, is it okay if i sit next to you in class?" brendon asked me quietly. My heart stopped and I raised my eyebrows in surprise at brendons innocent look.
"you wanna sit with me? But, people actually like you!" i exlaimed as we entered the classroom.
"I like you" brendon said sweetly as We sat down, brendon sitting next to me. Brendon grabbed us a book to share.
"but, i don't get it, everyone hates me, you're not gonna pull some kind of sick joke on me are you?" I asked anxiously, looking up from the book into his eyes. Wow, we'd suddenly got close. My stomach flipped, but in a good way.
"Ryan, you need more self confidence! I'm sitting next to you cause after the 5 minutes ive been talking to you, i feel like i know you. And I like you, you're nice" brendon answered while smiling. He likes me?! An hour ago he didn't know I existed! What the hell is happening! 
"i fell down the stairs, I looked like a complete wanker" I blushed and buried my head further down into the book. I felt like he looked at me for a split second more then ducked down to start reading. Our heads were almost touching eachother.
"hang out with me much longer and we'll be even on wanker terms" we laughed together then he started reading again. I looked back down to my book as he subtly shifted closer to me. Oh god.


I really hope there's a lack of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. And a lack of errors that ficwad can conjure up. Thanks for reading if you did, cause I really don't know! I'll post the next chapter up soon. XD
Sign up to rate and review this story