Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to Break

The Talk

by IloveMCRmy 5 reviews

Rachel and Frank talk.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-07 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 2250 words

3Ambiance
A/N: Okay so here is the next chapter! Once again you guys are the best readers ever! Rate and review as always. Lets try and get another green one! The last chapter was so close to going green!! You guys always make me excited to write, so for that I thank you! I love you all!Enjoy(:

Chapter 9: The Talk
Frank’s POV:

I turned over in my bed and stared at the clock it was 8:30. Rachel was probably having a great time on her date with Gerard. If I would have acted sooner maybe I would’ve gotten to be on that date with her instead of Gee. But no, instead I lay in bed feeling like shit because my girlfriend, who really didn’t like had cheated on me. But at least I officially broke it off with her. If I was right and Rachel was having great time with Gee, I had no chance now. Once Gee saw something he liked, he went after it, and once whatever it was shows that it liked it back, he had for good. Or at least a really long time. But maybe if I told her how I felt and that I wasn’t with Holly anymore she would change her mind, and we could just pick up where we left off this morning. I mean I know we were just flirting and still getting to know each other but, I could feel myself starting to like her, and from the way she acted when she found out I had a girlfriend I could tell she was starting to like me too. I have too do it, I am gonna go see her now! I mean she lives next to Gee which is about five minutes away. Suddenly I felt hopeful. I hopped out of my bed, and pulled my arms through the thick black sleeves of my black hoodie. It has been getting colder and colder each day, so I figured I might as well bundle up. I grasped the cold metal of my zipper and pulled it up about ¾ of the way. I rummaged through my room until I found my pack of cigarettes and my lighter; I shoved them in my pocket, and quietly crept out of my house. On the weekends my mom didn’t really care what time I went out or came home. But on school nights she was so fucking serious about it. I had to be in at 9, I was in early tonight because I just felt shitty. As soon as I hit the world outside of my tiny NJ house I could feel the cold air hit my like a ton of bricks. I rubbed my hands against my arms to attempt to warm myself up. I was obviously failing so I just gave up and pulled out a cigarette. I started walking down the road as the wind blew against my face. I looked around as I walked and inhaled smoke into my lungs. The sky was pitch black and sparkled with stars, the trees were bare and the branches looked like decrepit demonic arms. The streets were surprisingly empty for a Thursday evening. I was almost to Gerard’s which meant I was almost at Rachel’s. The only thing I could hear was the excessive beating of my heart. I wasn’t even cold anymore, I haven’t been this nervous in awhile. I guess it’s because I had no idea what to expect. I inhaled the last bit of poisonous smoke into my lungs and flicked my cigarette into the road. I turned to see that I was standing in front of Gerard’s house. Normally I would walk in and go play video games with him and Mikey, but no tonight I was on a mission. I walked past and went to the side of Rachel’s house and pulled one more cigarette out to calm my nerves. I heard a car pull up, I scurried into the darkness like a bug does when a light gets turned on. I peaked out and saw Gerard and Rachel getting out of the car. Damn, I felt like a fucking stalker, lurking in the fucking shadows and what not. I heard Rachel scream something back to Gerard, and suddenly felt like this was a bad idea. I mean she looked really happy; her face had this glow to it that just screamed ’best first date ever’. I hid deeper into the darkness and tossed my cigg on the ground. I figured if she just walked by, I could sneak away and go home, and thank myself for not going through with this. But no, of course, it was too late. She had already smelt the smoke and was walking over. I figured I might as well give myself up.

“Frank what are you doing here?” she said happily irritated if that makes any sense.

I didn’t wanna tell her why I had actually came, well not all of the reasons I came… I felt like a kid who just got caught sneaking out. I just start at my toes and shoved my hands in my pockets. It was getting colder and I could feel my fingers getting numb.

“Uh well, I came to uh” God damn it Frank pull it together, and stop stuttering. I cleared my throat out and started again. “I came to apologize.”

“Oh really for what?” she asked as her teeth chattered, she was wearing a tube top dress, so she had to be a lot colder than me.

“Well first take my jacket because you look like you are about freeze up right in front of me.” I smiled

Rachel laughed back; I quickly zipped the jacket off and draped it over her shoulders.

“Thanks.” she smiled. “Let me go tell my mom I’m home real quick though. She worries excessively.” she laughed, and ran up to her door.

I heard her open and yell to her mom. I was trying to collect my thoughts; I couldn’t tell her that I liked her now. Not after she looked like she had such a great time with Gerard. I was pacing around when I heard Rachel’s feet crunch against the moist grass beneath her feet, and was soon standing in front of me again, with my jacket on, and it looked so cute on her.

“So anyway I came to say I was sorry about not telling you about Holly, I should have told you in the first place. Also I shouldn’t have led you on like that.” Even though I wasn’t leading her on I really wanted to try things with her.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked.

“I guess I was just kind of embarrassed by her I guess, and I was just having a good time just talking to you. Plus I didn’t want her being a bitch to you. She is always like that when I am around other girls.” I trailed off, as I started to try and warm myself up “Not that it matters anymore…” I looked up at all the stars in the sky; each one looked a little brighter each time I focused in on one.

“What do you mean it doesn’t matter?” she asked

“Funny story, actually it’s not funny at all. I caught her cheating on me today, so I broke up with her.” I said trying to making it sound like not a big deal.

“Oh my god Frank! Are you all right.” she ran up to me and embraced me a tight hug.

I felt her hand rub my back soothingly, and her other hand was stroking through my hair. I felt myself just fall into her as she laid her head against my chest and shhed me. I felt warm, and I didn’t want her to let go. This was exactly where I wanted to be, but I knew I couldn’t have it; I pushed her away and crossed my arms.

“Yeah I mean we weren’t right for each other anymore anyway. I think in a way I kind of knew, because when we first starting dating she was so into me, and never wanted to be without me. Then she just changed and never wanted to be around me, just became a bitch to all of my friends.” I looked up at her and could see the sympathy in her eyes, I feel like she had been through something like this too.

“Come here.” she said.

She took my jacket off her shoulders and laid it on the grass below; she slowly sat down, and motioned for me to join her. I walked over and sat on the little part left of the black jacket. I could the goose bumps emerging from her skin. So I put my arm around her and pulled her into me, trying to make her a little warmer.

“You okay?” she asked as she leaned her head on my shoulder. Maybe I could tell her how I felt.

“Yeah, in a way I think I was looking for a reason to break up with her. It was just weird because every time I tried, she would beg to stay with her, and I would because I didn’t think I could find anyone else. So catching her cheating was kind of my way out.” I spewed out, as rubbed my hand up and down her arm; I could feel the goose bumps deteriorating.

“Frank don’t ever say things like that, you’re a wonderful guy. You’re sweet, funny, and sensitive. Your smile and your laugh are infectious. When I first met you just hearing you laugh made me crack up. I feel like I have known you forever, and we can just talk and talk. One day you’re gonna find a girl that is going to appreciate you and everything that you offer, and that girl is crazy for not seeing how utterly amazing you are.” she said empathetically.
I watched her the whole time she talked, and I couldn’t believe what I had heard. Each word she said sounded like she actually meant it. Holly never said things like this to me. I had no idea what I was doing but suddenly, I lifted her head off my shoulder. I looked into her big brown eyes and just lost it; I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. Her lips were smooth and soft, and I could feel my body shoot up with warmth. For a second she started to kiss me back, it was short and sweet, but mad me feel so… indescribable at the same time. I wanted it to keep going, but then she pulled away, and got up from the ground.

“Fran--”

“I’m so sorry! I don’t know what came over me. I kind of thought you wanted me too.” I quickly rose up as I started apologizing.

“I didn’t. Well I did, but you’re too late Frank. I just had a really great time with Gerard and this wouldn’t be fair to him.” she changed into a more serious tone. “I have to go. Here’s your jacket.” she picked up the jacked and held it out to me.

“You keep it, and can we just forget about this?” I asked.

“Yeah, never happened. Friends?” she held her hand out.

“Friends.” I grabbed her hand and firmly shook it.

“Great, see you tomorrow friend.” she smiled as she walked backwards to the corner of her house; she waved me goodbye and turned around.

I started walking home thinking about what had just happened. I couldn’t believe I had just kissed her like that, I know I was supposed to ‘forget about it’, but I didn’t want too, I didn’t want too at all.

Rachel’s POV:

“Oh hey honey how was your date?” my mom asked as I ran through the door.

“Fine!” I exclaimed in a high pitched voice as I ran up the stairs.

I threw myself into my room, and turned on the new Taking Back Sunday CD and flopped onto my bed. I could not believe what this night had turned into. First Gerard and I had and great first date. Not a great first date, but an amazing first date. I haven’t left a date feeling weightless in a long time. I couldn’t wait to see Gerard tomorrow, and just talk about how awesome our date was.

But then Frank, Frank who I first set my eyes on, who is the whole reason I went on this date with Gee in the first place, because had a girlfriend…until now. Frank who came over and just kissed me out of nowhere, and I wanted him too, and I liked it. But it wasn’t fair to Gerard, after we had had such a good time. I had no idea what I was going to do. I was drained, so I was just going to shower in the morning. I changed out of my dress into, a big t-shirt with Frank’s jacket over it. I felt relaxed as I laid back down in my bed, as soon as I hit my pillow, I drifted off into sleep.

Gerard’s POV:

Best. Date. Ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story