Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 12

by Vampirechick1159 0 reviews

"He was everything my mother would disapprove of..."

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-07-08 - Updated: 2011-07-08 - 748 words - Complete

0Unrated
I told Gerard not to bother taking me home, since it was a warm night, and our town was pretty small. I would walk. It wasn’t that far if you knew the shortcuts I knew.
I found my way out of his neighborhood and started down Main Street. I was pretty hungry, and the only reason I’d turned down dinner with Gerard is because I had told him I was going to have dinner with my parents and the last thing I needed was him catching on that I was covering up the fact I’d totally been looking forward to our meeting a little too much. The thought made me feel vulnerable and stupid. So instead of venturing down that road, I would eat alone, since my parents were out to dinner somewhere in a nearby city.
Spying a small diner at the end of the street, I headed towards it, opening the door and sending the bell over it ringing. I grabbed a table in the back, away from the windows, and ordered a burger and fries. Nothing fancy. The place filled up around me, and soon every other table except the one I sat at was filled with chattering people.
I pulled a book out of my bag and stuck my nose in it until I heard someone clear their throat nearby. I looked up. An incredibly hot guy leaned over my table. He was everything my mother would disapprove of: tattoos crawling up and down his muscular arms, his ears, lip, and eyebrow all pierced to where they almost looked like a bulletin board, an I’m-up-to-no-good smile playing on his lips. His glistening blue eyes sparkled at me from underneath his blood red hair.
“Hey,” he said in a musical voice. “I’m sorry to bother you, but there’s nowhere to sit around here, and I’m starved. Can I sit here?” he gestured to the chair across from me.
Now under normal circumstances I totally would have told him to buzz off and find a different restaurant. But this guy was flat-out sexy, staring at me with those amazing eyes. “Uh, sure,” I said, trying to keep my voice from getting stuttery and high-pitched.
“Thanks,” he said, sitting down. “So what’s your name?”
“Samantha. And yours?”
He smirked like there was an inside joke I was missing. “Lucian.”
The waitress brought me my food then, and he ordered himself a Coke and nothing more.
“So, Samantha, where do you live?”
“Across town.”
“You still in high school?”
“Are you?”
He laughed. “Nah. I dropped out the first chance I got. Everyone was so pushy there. There was no room for originality.”
I nodded, listening as I shoved food into my mouth.
“You got a boyfriend in high school?” he asked, his tone dropping to something darker, more seductive.
“Um…it’s complicated,” I said, not sure where Gerard and I stood, and not wanting to bring him up.
“How complicated?” he grinned, exposing perfectly white teeth. “Too complicated to fool around a little on the side?” his leg brushed against mine under the table.
Now, once again, under normal circumstances, I would have thrown my soda at him and left, due to the fact that the guy sitting across from me was definitely a pig, nothing but a player who was really good at giving looks that said a thousand words for him. But, again, he was flat-out sexy, and at the time he didn’t come across as piggish or promiscuous. He was obviously good at what he did, because he had me completely entranced.
I couldn’t stop myself from smiling and saying, “Nowhere near that complicated.”
He laughed again. “Then what do you say we ditch this joint and head somewhere a little more…private?”
Now, yet again, under normal circumstances, I would have known better. I would have known this was moving way too quickly and was very dangerous, due to the fact the gorgeous guy in front of me could be looking to mug me. Or worse. But, yet again, I wasn’t thinking about that. I was thinking about the mischievous glint in his eye, the intense desire washing over me that seemed to be turning into a need to say yes and go with him.
“Let’s do it.”
And, dropping some cash on the table, I let him lead me out of the diner and into the alley behind it.
Sign up to rate and review this story