Categories > Theatre > Rent > Songbooks of Roger Davis

Addiction

by Blaze_of_Glory 1 review

Roger fights his addiction, Pre-RENT, College.

Category: Rent - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Roger, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-05-22 - Updated: 2005-05-22 - 450 words

0Unrated
Looking in the mirror; Roger stared at his reflection. His once bright and full face was stretched and haunted. He was horribly pale and dark circles surrounded his lifeless grey eyes. His unruly light brown hair was hanging messily in his eyes, pulling it back into a ponytail, he grimaced at his reflection and turned away.

"I need to stop partying so much, no more gigs till two in the morning"

Roger was slowly getting deeper and deeper into the night life ever since Mark had left campus almost two weeks ago. Not that Roger really cared that he was gone now, it just made everything easier. He had everything he wanted right now, his Fender and a great girlfriend; April, and a whole bunch of new friends, especially Eric.

"Eric is a great friend."

Roger sat at his desk for a while just staring at the empty side of the room where Mark had been just weeks before. He'd never verbally admit it but he missed Mark, just a little. After all he was his friend. He'd received a post card that had his address and a message of 'Stay out of trouble.'

Glancing around the dimly lit dorm, Roger started to feel as if the walls were rotating and closing in on him. He went over to the desk and shoved the drawer open, peeking in he noticed he was out. His arm itched with the longing for the sleek silver of a needle.

"Shit, I'm out...Time to visit Big Brother again"

He grabbed his jacket from the chair and swiped his wallet and keys off the desk and left the cramped dorm room. He made his way down the deserted hall all the way outside to the parking lot where he was greeted by a bight day plus several calls of "Great playing last night Hendrix." he'd grin and wave occasionally at a few people while Making his way to the next building.

"What am I doing..? I don't need this...I DON'T "

Despite his thoughts and instincts he kept moving forward. He made his way through the identical dorm building and despite his bleary eyes, he found his way to Eric's First floor Dorm room. Roger stood outside the door a moment, debating wither he should knock or not. Finally, he knocked, giving his "number" to the room. Three...two...four...six...six...

Eric cut him off as his brown eyes came into full focus...and a grin slowly spread across his face.

"Hendrix, what can I do for you..?"

Roger held up his wallet with a fake and plastered on grin.

"I'm...low. I've got cash. How Much?"

"Well, Well...Back for more already...?"
Sign up to rate and review this story