Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Flipped Turned Upside Down

Knowing That Right Now Is All That Matters

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-07-09 - Updated: 2011-07-10 - 981 words

2Original
Knowing That Right Now Is All That Matters

We were five minutes into looking at area private schools when the kids and Pete and Joe showed up. Alison was running around yelling, “UNCLE PETE BOUGHT ME ICE CREAM!!!!!”

“Great,” I drawled as Pete came over to hug me, “Get her all sugared up right before she has to go to bed. Good plan.”

“Isn’t that what uncles are supposed to do?” He asked releasing me. “Buy them toys they aren’t supposed to have, keep them up late, and give them lots of ice cream?”

“I guess,” I said grinning.

“What did you and Lauren do today, Uncle Patrick?” Alison asked, hugging him around the legs.

He picked her up and said, “We put away your laundry and watched television and started looking at places for you to go to school.”

“I get to go to school?!” Excitement shone in her eyes.

“Absolutely.”

“Yay!” Alison threw her arms around Patrick’s neck.

“I thought kids were supposed to hate school,” Joe said quietly from next to me.

I elbowed him in the ribs and took a sleeping Collin from him. “Shut up. Don’t put ideas in her head.”

“Ow. I was just saying…”

I laughed then said, “I’m gonna go put Collin to bed, be right back.” Walking out of
Collin’s room a few minutes later, I was reminded that we would need baby monitors. I had forgotten since this morning.

I passed Patrick on the stairs. He had Alison in his arms. She said, sleepily, not lifting her head from his shoulder, “Night Lauren.”

“Goodnight, Alison.” I paused to kiss her cheek before continuing downstairs. Pete was perched on the countertop, Joe sitting on the table. “Hey, Peter Pan. Hi, Joe.”

“Hey, Lo.”

“Hiiiii Lauren.”

I came to lean against the island, facing Pete. “How were the kids?”

“Golden. As expected.”

I smiled. “Good. Oh. Alison’s birthday is next week. We should do something spectacular for it.”

“Can Pete and I plan it? Please????” Joe looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

I laughed. “Sure. Just keep us in the loop. And nothing on fire. Or dangerous.”

“What kind of uncle do you take me for?” Pete looked hurt.

“The kind that would think it was an awesome idea to have his five-year-old niece on the back of a motorcycle and ride through a ring of fire, or something equally ridiculous.”

“Well that’s true.” Pete broke out into a grin. “So no motorcycles?”

“Or?” I prompted, looking at the both of them.

“Or fire,” they repeated as if they were schoolboys learning lessons.

“Right. Then I guess it would be ok for you to plan her birthday.”

“Yay!” Pete raised his arms in victory.

“What are you celebrating?” Patrick asked, appearing beside me, his arm sliding around my waist.

“Pete and Joe want to plan Alison’s birthday party.”

The first words out of Patrick’s mouth were, “No fire.”

Pete, Joe, and I burst out laughing. Once Pete managed to collect himself, he said, “And no motorcycles.”

“Also probably a good idea,” Patrick said, confused.

We were laughing again. I was still in the middle of a fit of giggles while Joe explained. “Laur already made us promise no fire and no motorcycles.”

“I actually said nothing dangerous. That includes motorcycles.”

“So we can plan it?” Pete asked.

“Sure.”

The two boys high fived. I asked, “Are you boys stickin around tonight?”

“Nah,” Joe said.

“We’ve got a lot of sleep to catch up on,” Pete added. Then with a wink, he said, “Plus, we
wouldn’t want to interrupt anything you two have going on.”

“Shut it Peter,” Patrick said as I reached out to smack him lightly.

“I’m just saying.”

I just stuck my tongue out at him and let my head fall onto Patrick’s shoulder.

“And this is why we’re leaving,” Joe said coming over. “Before this PDA gets disgusting.”

“Ya.” Pete pushed himself off the counter. He and Joe began making their way towards the door. “We’ll see you soon.”

“Bye boys,” I called as they left the house. Before I knew it, Patrick had pulled me to him, his lips on mine. After we pulled apart, I said, softly, “Oh, hey.”

“Hi.” His arms tightened around me.

“So. What do you want to do tonight?” I asked, smirking.

Patrick pretended to be thinking before he spoke. “I seem to remember something about a promise.”

“Oh, really? A promise? What promise was that?”

“Well you did wreck my bed earlier. You promised to help me remake it.”

I grinned and nodded. “I do recall now. I guess I could be good to my word.”

We went upstairs. As we passed Alison’s closed door, I freed myself from Patrick’s arm and
went to open it. “You need to buy baby monitors. You can’t hear them when they wake up.”

“Mmmhmm,” Patrick said as I let him capture me again. Once in his room, we did pick up the sheet I had discarded on the floor earlier and made the bed. That was about as productive as we got.

**

The next morning we were woken up again by Alison. Patrick told her to go downstairs and play. He would be down in a second with Collin to make breakfast. As he got out of bed, I moved to get up, too. He put an arm out to keep me in bed. “You got up early with them yesterday. I’ll do it today. Get some more sleep.”

I gratefully closed my eyes. He kissed my forehead as I mumbled, “Thank you.”

“No problem, Laur. I’ll come wake you up later.”

I just sleepily nodded and he left the room.

A/N: I know it's short, but it's something. Hope you like it
Sign up to rate and review this story