Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

We will carry on.

by thenerdykilljoy 1 review

A one shot about death. Black Parade era. Frank's POV.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-10 - Updated: 2011-07-10 - 1331 words - Complete

1Moving
Guys! This is a one shot about death, well if you want to know more read on. It's in Frank's point of view, just to let you know.

They'd always seemed invincible to me. It was as if nothing could ever destroy them. All the shit they'd gone through and had to deal with, well it made me have this false belief that they were untouchable by any means. Had I not thought that maybe everything would be easier to settle with, but either way I was dying bit by bit inside. First Mikey, now him. They were are best friends. It was impossible to believe we were here. It had only been a month from his funeral and now we are followed by our beloved Gerard.

As we all stood there, all three of us on the verge of tears, the minister spoke on.

"This young man, loved by many's, admired by thousands, gone too soon. But as he once said in his lyrics, I'd encourage your smiles, I'll expect you won't cry. And I hope you all do him justice today by doing so," he said making a tinge of hate bubble in my stomach.

Gerard never wanted that lyric in the first place, it was.... Mikey. The minister had to get his shit together and soon before I got up there and kicked his ass out of the way. He wasn't doing justice to Gerard. I had preferred the minister from Mikey's ceremony, he truly understood our pain. This one seemed bored with himself, giving all these cliches. Gerard would've laughed in his face.

I looked to Bob whose fists were clutched, most likely from fury. He too knew Gerard would've been pissed to hear this idiot talking this way.

"Now is the time for loved ones of the deceased to speak on his behalf," the minister said in a slow monotone that made me even angrier. This was Ray's cue.

As Ray walked to the front of the church to where Gerard's casket was and where Mikey's had been just a mere 4 weeks ago, I saw a tear fall. He wiped it away quickly and began to speak in a very shaky voice, something that never happened to Ray.

"I'd say good evening, but it's not. I'm not going to give any cliches about this man for no cliche could ever explain how extraordinary he was, he is. Gerard has been my best friend since 2001 and became a brother to me, just as he and Mikey were brothers. I know none of us here this evening would've ever thought that we'd be in this church once again so soon. My band mates and I always had thought Frank, sorry Frank, would be the first to go being so destructive," he paused to have the crowd chuckle a bit. He was right, we all thought I'd be the first, never Mikey and Gerard. "But we were too wrong, I mean we love Frankie but none of us expected this, ever. We understand they are together again, something Gerard couldn't wait for and they are also reunited with Elena, a beautiful person, but I know Gerard would've waited. All this happened too soon for him and it destroyed him on the inside. Gerard Way, a man like no other who has gone to Hell and back and made it out alive, dead because his little brother was taken too soon. This is how we see it, we will always see it that way. Mikey's death... it killed us all on the inside but it affected Gerard the most and I believe that caused the downward spiral. He will be missed, we will cry over him all the time, but one thing we know is that his memory will be carried on as long as we play his songs, HIS songs, and never forget all the amazing things he did for not just his family and friends, but for the thousands of kids who found hope in his music. Te amo, mi hermano. Descanse en paz. I love you, my brother. Rest in peace."

And with that we clapped a solemn applause which never made sense to me. Why applaud at a funeral? It never made sense. Everything Ray had said was all too true. After Mikey... after the suicide it killed Gerard inside. It killed us all. But Gerard couldn't handle it. We could all see he was going back to his old ways, the drinking, the heavy heavy drinking. And then... that night. It all happened so fast it was still hard to process.

"Thank you Mr. Toro for those... kind words," the minister said with what I thought was a hint of annoyance in his voice. I wanted this man's head if he said something in a rude way one more time. "Now it is time to hear from Mr. Frank Iero," he continued as I dreadfully walked to the podium knowing if I wasn't careful I'd be in tears, I'd break down.

I looked at the pews of people sitting before me, awaiting for me to speak, and I saw them all as a blur. My eyes were already tearing. This is why Bob couldn't do a speech, he was so tough but he could never take this. He'd break down. I had to start before I crumbled knowing two of the most important people in my life were gone from earth.

"Just like Ray said, this was unexpected. We really did think I'd be the first to go, we always thought I'd die on stage thrashing around the way I do, we even joked about it but this is no joke. For many of us we have just lost a dear loved one, a person who was a son, a brother, a friend, and a hero. He has been such an impact on so many people's lives, so many times has he been approached by people who have told him Thank you for saving my life that it breaks my heart to know that he is gone. But he truly isn't because Ray, Bob, his parents, and myself are still here and we will carry on every thing about him. We will never stop talking about him as we will do for Mikey. We will never let his memory die because a person like him needs to be remembered forever." I walk away from the podium and move to the closed coffin that holds the body of my brother, my best friend. "I love you Gerard, tell Mikey I say hi. We'll carry on," I say as I kiss the coffin and take my seat.

A small applause again and Donna gives me hug, tears streaming down her face. "Thank you Frank. You and Ray did him justice," she says giving a small smile and taking her seat as I walk back to my pew.

I scoot in past Ray, Christa, Bob, and take my seat by Jamia. "That was perfect Frank," she says embracing me. She knew how close Gerard and I'd been, she knew I'd never be the same, she knew me perfectly.

"Thank you... he deserves it," I say closing my eyes.

It would never settle with me that Gerard was dead. I knew it would never make sense to me how a hero, a literal hero to so many, could be taken away so quickly, and not even by his own fault. By a drunk driver.

Gerard Way and Mikey Way, two souls, two brothers, two amazing people, gone too soon.

Sorry this is so down and all but I had this idea randomly and needed to write it. I hope you liked it. R&R please. If anyone would like to continue this go ahead, just tell me. Okay thanks. Also, I love Gee and Mikey so don't think anything bad, I love them so much but I just had to write this. So yeah, I hope you liked this.
Sign up to rate and review this story