Categories > Original > Fantasy > Imaginary

The Love That You Deserve

by cRaZyD3z 0 reviews

Tears emerged from my eyes. Please don’t. Please don’t. I placed my ear in her chest and there was the most silent of heartbeats. She breathed, slowly and quietly. She was almost gone...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-07-12 - Updated: 2011-07-12 - 3137 words

0Unrated
The Love That You Deserve

I had finished my piano lessons and decided to go take a walk. I loved going to the park, especially when it rained, and everyone said it was going to pour today. The sky was already covered in clouds. The purple horizon was beautiful, but was fading quickly. I walked slowly, I wanted time alone and even thought there would be nobody home I wouldn’t feel comfortable. I’d rather take a walk in the rain; I didn’t care if I got drenched. The breeze was calm and the nightfall stunning, but my mind was occupied with thoughts much more beautiful… and painful.

How could I be so stupid? She was there, right in front of me. I was about t kiss her and she didn’t move, she didn’t say anything. I could’ve kissed her right that moment and tell her everything, everything I had been hiding for so, so long. Tell her everything that I love about her: her mysterious, deep green eyes, her smile, the way she gets her hair out of her eyes, her cute little laugh… all those things that make me crazy for her. It was so lovely it was almost annoying. How could she be so perfect? But yet again, I could never get annoyed at her flawless nature. I had never got angry at her, never. But when I saw that bandage, I don’t know what went on in my head but I went furious. If somebody had hurt her, they will pay for it. I swear they will. Who could you hurt someone so beautiful?

I was going to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her. There was a little spark of hope in my heart that told me she didn’t move because she wanted me to kiss her. Could that be true? Or was I so obsessed with her that I was imagining things? It probably was that. She had her eyes closed. She probably didn’t even notice I was about to kiss her. But I knew I shouldn’t. I felt like I was almost taking advantage of her. I’m pathetic. I don’t even have the guts to say three simple words… but yet again, those words are probably the more difficult ones to say. And she probably hates me right now. The sky was now almost completely covered in gray, except for a thin purple line that remained in the horizon. I could see the clouds approaching. I hadn’t reached the park yet, when it started pouring, all of a sudden, like if angels had decided to pull a prank on me and threw dozens of water buckets over me.

-Thank you very much! - I screamed to the thunderous sky. Could something else go wrong today? I don’t think so... I kept walking until I reached the park. It was beautiful. The tree branches waved elegantly in the wind, so softly and delicately I could’ve sworn the where moving in slow-motion. The rain hit the puddles in the gloomy path that twisted around the trees. The streetlights flickered in the dark and thunder struck over and over again. It was beautiful, but I didn’t give it importance. My mind was focused on one thing, one girl, the only one. The one I loved and the one that don’t love me. I kept walking until my body was completely wet. One of the streetlights gave no light. I looked closer and noticed the glass around it had somehow been broken. Lying on the ground was a dark figure, like a dead animal… but bigger. A person?

-H…hello?- I said tentatively. The figure didn’t move. I got closer and squinted through the darkness. Sharp pieces of glass lay on the floor. The person’s hand was holding one of them. It was a girl, her long wet hair falling over her body. I would recognize her anywhere.

-Destiny?

There was blood on the floor.

-Destiny!- I screamed in horror and ran to her as fast as I could. When I reached her lifeless looking body I took the piece of glass out of her hand and threw it away. She didn’t move. She didn’t even open her eyes.

-Destiny…- tears emerged from my eyes. Please don’t. Please don’t. I placed my ear in her chest and there was the most silent of heartbeats. She breathed, slowly and quietly. She was almost gone. I held her in my arms. Her weak body felt like it was going to break in any second. She was so cold, so fragile. Her whole body was trembling. Her arms where covered in blood, wounds deep as hell that wouldn’t stop bleeding. I hug her desperately and all of a sudden she gasps and opens her eyes. They seem to not find me at first, blinking quickly and looking everywhere, but they finally stop on me and she whispers my name, with the most silent voice.

She holds on to me as if her life depended on it, grabing the neck of my hoodie with all the strength she has left. I look at her face. Her eyes... were like open windows now. Before, as much as I looked into them, I could never figure out what she was thinking or feeling. Her eyes where so beautifully mysterious, hiding all the pain she was feeling inside. But not now; they were completely different. Now, they held so many different feelings it was difficult to capture them all; anger, sorrow, fright, love, hate. There was so much pain in her eyes it hurt to even look at her. She was broken, compeltely broken.

When I met her, she had looked so strong, so determined. It looked like nothing could bring her down. Whatever happened, she was always wearing a smile on her face, always. No matter how much pain she felt, she would always hide behind a smile. That smile was always there, always. It was all a lie. Why, Destiny. Why didn’t you tell me about this before? Why didn’t you tell me you where suffering that much? You have been hiding all of this from me, and it was hurting you, Des. Why did you do this? You had me, Destiny. I would’ve helped you through all of it. Oh, Des, why. Why, why, WHY? Why didn’t you tell me... Her soft voice reached my ears, barely audible.

-It was too much, Will. It was just too much. -she said weeping. She looked at me straight in the eyes- I couldn’t take it any longer…

Something died inside of me.

My heart. It stopped beating for whole five seconds. Something died. It felt like something was missing inside me. My breathing stopped. If someone would’ve reached into me and stabbed my heart with the sharpest of blades it would’ve hurt less. Oh, why Destiny. Why. She spoke again, and my insides turned with pain, but I started breathing again.

-Im sorry, Will. Im sorry- she said just above a whisper, her voice broken and uneven.

-No, don’t be sorry- I said in the same delicate voice, as if trying not to scare her. I held her in my arms and she placed her head on my neck. She was soaked, but I didn’t care, I was too. I couldn’t leave her like this. She needed me, more than ever. I held her in my arms, I whispered soft “It’s all ok”s in her ear, I cried with her.

“Emily will find a better place to fall asleep
She belongs to fairytales that I could never be
The future haunts with memories that I could never have
And hope is just a stranger wondering how it got so bad…”


The wind didn’t feel cold now, the feeling of being soaking wet was not uncomfortable anymore; the rain was nice against my skin. The rain had turned soft and the clouds where almost gone. The moon shone full and bright in the blue and purple night sky. It was a beautiful night, and I felt like a heartless hypocrat thinking this, but I was happy I was holding her in my arms again. I had felt broken when I saw her under so much pain, my blood seemed to have frozen, but now, all I could think about was her: her delicate body in my arms, her arms around my neck. I looked at her once more, trying to capture all her beauty. Even with her hair wet, her makeup smeared and her eyes red from crying, she was still beautiful. I wanted to tell her everything I felt, to hug her so tight and never let her go, to let her know I would never let her down, that I will always be there for her, to give her the whole damn world with a bow on it just to see that angelic smile again, to give her all the love she deserved, to show her how much she ment to me and what I would be able to do for her. To kiss her, to love her, to take her pain away. She didn’t deserve this.

“I die each time you look away
My heart, my life will never be the same
This love will take my everything
One breath, one touch
will be the end of me…”


Sweet, delicate tears fell down my cheeks. I loved her so much, so much it hurt. I could never be with her. She doesn’t love me. I’d better learn to forget her. She shivered. Her lips moved but no words came out.

-Destiny?- I said softly

-It…It’s co-cold…-she said weakly. I reached a hand to her forehead. Her body was ice-cold but her head was burning.

-Oh my god, Destiny. You’re boiling!

-Wi…Will…I’m not… feeling very well…- she was pale white. I was terrified. I had to take her away from the cold, away from the rain. Her arms were still covered in blood. I had forgotten about the cuts. I untied the bandana I was wearing around my neck and inspected her wrists, trying to see which one was worst. Both where beyond terrible, but her right arm had a huge cut that came from the corner or her thumb over her wrist and was almost the length of a hand. It was still bleeding. It didn’t take much pondering to see it was by far the worst one. I folded the red and black bandana into a rectangle and tied it around her wrist. Then I picked her up carefully, bridal style, and carried her away from the park.

-Don’t worry, Des. It’s ok, you will be home in no time…- her eyes popped open, looking at me terrified.

-No!.. Please… don’t…- I looked at her, confused for a second- I don’t want… to go back to… that… h-h-house, W-W-Will…- her voice started trembling and then tears swelled up in her eyes- I’m scared Will. I’m scared- She said desperately. I realized. Of course, she doesn’t want to go back to that house. What would her aunt say? And I couldn’t leave her alone, not like this. I noticed I was the only one she trusted, the only one she needed right now.

-Don’t worry, I won’t take you there… my house is ten minutes away from here. My parents are out for the weekend. Don’t worry, you will be ok…- I said, almost thinking out loud. She just nodded faintly and closed her eyes. Her hands kept grabbing the fabric of my hoodie with the little strength she had left and she wouldn’t let go, like she was afraid I would leave her. She buried her nose in my chest, hiding her face from the cold rain and the wind. I walked through the muddy path, away from the park and across the road. The moon shone through the rainy clouds, lighting her pale skin, making her look like a beautiful ghost. She shivered and a little moan escaped her lips.

-Will…I… I’m... s-so c-c-c-cold…- she said in a soft voice, her eyes closed. I lay her on the sidewalk carefully, her back against a wall, and took of my sweater. It was always so warm, that’s why I wore it on cold, rainy days. I put it on her and pulled the hood over her head. Even if it looked way oversized on her, she still looked beautiful. Will, please, stop thinking she’s beautiful! You’re obsessed with her! But I couldn’t help it. Whatever I did, my mind kept thinking of her, day and night. And maybe I was insane, but when I thought about her the world seemed to look brighter. She brought an innocence to my life that I hadn’t seen since I left my… my world.

“You could be the final straw that brings me back to earth”

Since that happened, everything looked black. But with her… it was different. When she smiled, the whole world seemed to lighten up, pain felt useless and joy swelled up in me. But when I saw her like this... it was so painful. The world seemed cruel, merciless, without a bit of compassion. Evil made the angel cry, and when the angel cries, I feel like crying too. She had such an influence on me that everywhere I went, everything I did, I felt like I did it for her. I woke up every single day for her, I breathed for her, I lived for her. I knew that she would not be able to make it alone, I knew it. And, for some reason, she trusted me more than anyone else, even more than her sister… and I’ve hurt her. All of this was my fault. If I hadn’t gone berserk about the cuts then maybe she would’ve told me what happened, we could’ve talked about it and she wouldn’t have done this, she wouldn’t have almost killed herself. This was my entire fault. I was so obsessed with protecting her that I didn’t even notice it was me who was hurting her. Perhaps I should forget about her… she needed me and I wouldn’t leave her alone, but I had to forget about my love. It was only causing pain; for me and for her. I wish I could erase everything, everything that I had done wrong, and start from the beginning. Just like friends…

“Wishing I could find the rain to wash away the past
Knowing that my heart will break but at least the pain will last”


When we reached my house, I placed Destiny carefully on the front porch stairs and reached into one of the sweater’s pockets for the keys. The door opened with a loud screech and I picked her up, kicking the door wide open and then closing it with another kick. Stepping up the stairs carefully, trying not to hit the walls with her legs and leaving a trail of water through the living room, I carried her to my room. The room was dark, only illuminated by the silver light the moon gave. Loud thunder and rain could be heard from the other side of the window. I placed her gently on the bed. She was trembling wildly. Her face was pale white and her lips purple. Her eyes would stay close, too weak to open.

-I-it’s…s-s-so c-c-cold…- she kept muttering. I immediately got a thermometer from the bathroom and placed it on her mouth. The temperature rose and rose and rose... until it finally stopped.

40.8ºC

A cold sweat fell down my forehead. I panicked. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed all the towels I saw, wrapping one of them around her hair and taking her soaked clothes off. Burying her in white towels, I tried to get her dry as soon as possible. I ran to my closet and grabbed some pants and a t-shirt, what I used in winter as pyjamas, the warmest I had, put them on her once she was finally dry and pulled the covers over her. I sat beside her, watching her with a worried stare, until she finally stopped shivering. I waited a couple minutes and later stood from bed, thinking she had fallen asleep, but she right away grabbed my arm.

-D-d-don’t, Will… d-don’t leave m-m-me…- she said barely above a whisper. I sat down.

-Shhhhhh… don’t worry, I won’t- I said soothingly. She wouldn’t let go. I lay down beside her and hugged her softly, and she hugged me back, burying her face in my neck, weeping softly. I held her through the night, wiping away her tears, fighting away her nightmares, protecting her. Nothing would hurt her tonight. She has suffered enough. Her breathing relaxed and she stopped crying. She had fallen asleep. I looked down and found myself staring at her angelic face again. She was too beautiful, too perfect for me. I would never be more than a friend to her and I knew it. And yet I couldn’t forget about her, nor could I tell her my feelings. I was trapped halfway, in a broken lie, a stupid façade. But I couldn’t do anything else. I could only sit there, secretly loving her in the bottom of my heart, dreaming of her, hoping that someday she notices, waiting for her to open her heart as I had been too coward to do.

-Destiny…

“…will find a better place to fall asleep
Maybe she will save me in the oceans of her dream
And maybe someday love…”


**********

This chapter took so long to write and was kinda rushed at the end... sorry :S But I really wanted to just get it finished, it was staring to be a little frustrating. Hope you guys liked it. I was trying to show that huge mix of feelings Will has that’s practically making him go insane XD If it looks/sounds a little confusing its because its supposed to be. Will himself is not very sure of what he wants or what he is feeling so.. tell me if you liked it?
The song was "Love Song Requiem" by Trading Yesterday, David Hodges’ old band. Beautiful song
^gulp^ ^choke^ GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPH... (crap) I just swallowed my gum... again
Sign up to rate and review this story