Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Cancer

by deadromancex 2 reviews

one-shot! Gerard's life comes to an end and Frank hears the last words (sorry i suck at summeries)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-07-12 - Updated: 2011-07-12 - 1432 words - Complete

1Moving
frank's p.o.v
As i lay on gerards bed, i watched him peacefully sleep. It had been 4 months since he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. As the days had passed by, gee was finding everyday things harder to cope with. He no longer went to school, most of his day were spent in his room. I spent most of my time in the Way's house, the only times i left was for school.
Gee's mum and Mikey were distraught when he was given the news. He only went to the doctors to see why he wasn't feeling himself anymore...that's.... that's when the doctor told us. He was told that he would only last another few months. My angel was not going to live the rest of his life.
Sitting here today i gaze at him. His perfect body, pale skin, pulsing green eye's that my mind was lost in everytime i stared into them. As i continued to study him, gee stirred from his sleep.
"Frankie..." he mumbled
"i'm here baby" i took hold of his hand and gently kissed it. He slowley rolled over to face me, his fragile body so weak.
"frankie" he tilted his head up and looked me in the eyes, "promise me something?"
"Anything Gee, what is it?"
"When i go, please don't give up hope. Look for someone else who deserves someone like you, and who will always be there for you but remember me."
Tears began to roll down my face "don't ,say that, your not going yet"
"But when i do, don't let anyone look down on you or bully you, if they do i will haunt them forever. Never forget how beautiful you are"
The tears streamed hevier down my face. I slowley moved closer towards him and pressed my lips gently against his and kissed with all the love and passion my heart contained.
"I will always remember you i will never stop loving you, but i promise Gee, for you and you alone."
I carefully wrapped my arms around him. He looked up to me and smiled, then rested his head on my chest listening to my heart beat.
We stayed like this for about an hour, i wanted to remember this forever.
"Frankie, can we look through some photo's?" he quietly asked me
"sure baby i'll go get the albums"
I climbed of the bed and walked over to them chest of drawers and opened the 4th one done. Once the i pulled the drawer open i took out a large album. I shut the drawer and sat back on the bed.
Gee rested his head on my shoulder and we began to look back at old memories.
Going through we found one of our favourite pictures, it was mine, Gee's and Mikey's day at the park.
-flashback-
Gerards p.o.v
As i headed home from school my phone buzzed in my pocket, it was frank.

'Meet me an Mikey at the tree. Frankie xxx'

i quickly replied back

'okay, heading there now. Gee xxx'

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and walked faster towards the tree where we always met.
When i reached the tree, Frank was hanging upside down from the tree.
"oi, short stuff what you doing?"
"i'm seeing what it would be like to be a b.... ahh no, crud, oww" Frank yelled as the branch he was hanging off snapped. Me and Mikey burst into laughter at the crumpled body on the floor.
"you were saying?" Mikey managed to say.
"very funny... hilarious, i was trying to say that i wanted to see what it would be like to be a bat" he grumbled attempting to wipe off the leaves from his hoodie.
"come here my little batman" I walked over to him and helped get rid of the remainding leaves.
Once the leaves had gone i turned him round nd planted a kiss on his delicate lips.
"ewww guys, little brother here, get a room" Mikey was now mentaly scarred.
Me and Frank laughed at the digusted look on his face.
"poor innocent Mikey"
-end of flashback-
Franks p.o.v
As we flicked through a few more pages Gee's mum shouted up the stairs.
"frank, can i talk to you?"
"sure coming now Donna!" i yelled back down "i'll be right back baby"
"okay Frankie, i Love you" he whispered
"Ilove you too more than anything in the world"
i placed the album on the bed and walked out the roomand down the stairs
When i got down stairs Donna gave me a tray with medication, food and a drink on for Gerard on.
"could you sort it out today please, i don't think i can handle it today?"
"course i can Donna"
"thanks sweetie, shout if you need anything" she said as i headed back up the stairs.
When i entered the room, gerard was lying on the bed with his eye's closed, i figured he'd just gone back sleep. He slept most of the time these days, he didn't have the energy to do much else.
I placed the tray on the end of the bed and went to wake him up.
"Ge baby, wake up, i've got some food for you" i shook him but there was no response.
I put my fingers to his neck but there was no pulse. I fell to the floor, he's gone, my reaso for living was....... gone. I sat there and sobbed. I slowley looked up at my angel and noticed a peice of paper in his hand, i gently took it from his hand and opened it up.

Dear Frankie
If you are reading this then it means i've gone. I don't want you to feel guilty for any of this, it wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. You were the only reason that i lasted this long. Thank you for always being there for me even at the most difficult of times. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you so much, please don't ever forget that. I'm sorry i've gone, and i'm sorry that i can't be there in person but know that i alwasy be with you were ever you go. Please don't give up now, go and find someone who desevres someone as special and as caring as you. Don't let anyone take advantage of you. Be the person i know you are, show the world what your made of.
Just do something for me, tell mum and Mikey i'm sorry and that i love them very much.
I will see you again, let's hope it's not soon though
I love you now and forever my little batman
Gerard xxxxx


I began to cry, I gazed up at my beautiful baby, so peacefull and not in pain anymore. I gave him one last kiss on his cold and delicate lips. My heart felt empty, i had nothing left, but i know i have to keep Gerards name strong and tckle all the things that he would have wanted me to. As the tears poured from my eye's i took another look at the letter and removed a second piece of ppaaper from behind it. It was the lyrics to a song he'd wrote on the nearing to the ending of his life. i stumbled over to the window holding the lyrics in my hand and shouted with all my heart,
"I LOVE YOU GERARD WAY NOW AND FOREVER"

Turn away,
If you could get me a drink
Of water cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
and bury me
in all my favorite colors,
my sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,
cause the hardest part of this,
is leaving you.

Now turn away,
cause I'm awful just to see
cause all my hair's abandoned all my body,
Oh, my agony,
know that I will never marry,
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
but counting down the days to go.

It just ain't living
And I just hope you know
That if you say (if you say)
Goodbye to day (goodbye to day)
I'd ask you to be true (cause I'd ask you to be true)
Cause the hardest part of this
Is leaving you...

Cause the hardest part of this
Is leaving you...


sorry if this sucks, it's my first frerard and one-shot. R&R and let me know what you think it would help me out alot!
many thanks sophie xx
Sign up to rate and review this story