Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > This Is Right Koga and Kagome Love Story

This Is Right Koga and Kagome Love Story Chapter 1- Finding The One

by megand4795 0 reviews

Although she is finally 18, nightmares continue to haunt the night Inuyasha chose Kikyo over Kagome. Here comes Prince Koga to save her heart! Can Koga change Kagome's mind about him or will things...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Kikyo,Koga,Miroku,Sango - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1722 words

1Ambiance
~This Is Right~

A Koga and Kagome love story

Chapter 1- Finding the One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Flashback Nightmare~

Inuyasha had made up his mind: he was going to gather the scared jewel shards with Kikyo. He had decided that he really loves Kikyo, and rather than staying with Kagome and trying to get over her, he made his final decision that he was going to hate telling Kagome.

‘Kagome... I’ve finally made up my mind on who I want to be with...’

Hearing him speak, she was a little surprised but she continued to listen regardless. Half of her fragile heart was beating quickly, out of excitement. She thought (or at least wanted) him to say that he loves her and wants to be with her. The other half of her heart braced itself for the agony that may come with him choosing Kikyo. She held her breath, waiting for him to continue.

‘Inuyasha?’ she asked nervously.

‘I’ve... I’ve chosen to travel along with Kikyo... I-I love her, Kagome. I thought that if I stayed with you, my feelings for her would go away but... They haven’t...’ Inuyasha stopped to see the tears welling in her eyes, but swallowed down his pride and continued, ‘You’ve always reminded me of Kikyo, but it’s just not the same. Kagome, you are your own person – you’re not Kikyo. You’re not like her and you never will be. So Kagome, please... Just leave the feudal era and stay back in your own time...’

‘I...Inuyasha... I thought you... I love you Inuyasha...’ she said, not knowing what else to say.

With one last eye contact with each other, her tears spilt over and Inuyasha, not being able to handle the sight of her crying, disappeared.

~End of Flashback Nightmare~

“Kagome!”the young wolf prince yelled out.

“Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed out, coughing on her sobs.

Koga was kneeling over her as she awoke with tears shimmering in her eyes. Ever since Inuyasha left, Koga has been traveling with the rest of the gang; protecting her and helping her cope with Inuyasha’s sudden leave. Kagome had been able to purify the shards in Kouga’s legs and arms, making him not only faster, but much stronger as well.

“Kagome, what was it?” Koga gently asked, helping her to sit up.
It was very dark outside and she figured it was probably just very early in the morning. Still, she couldn’t help how she was feeling. She had just relived the same nightmare as she has been for a while now. She tilted her head at a downwards angle, staring at her legs that were covered with a very thin white sheet. Her silk brownish black hair fell over her shoulders, covering the sides of her face. Those salty tears slowly crept down that velvety smooth skin of hers and onto her lap-threatening to continue. Koga, realizing that she was silently crying to herself once again, couldn’t bear to sit there and watch her go through this all the time. The brave wolf prince wrapped his strong arms around her and pulled the sobbing young woman into his comforting embrace. Tightening his grip around her, in a fear that he might just loose her, Koga let Kagome cry on his shoulder.

“Kagome...” Koga whispered, wanting to cry with her.

He absolutely hated seeing her tears of sadness.

Sniffling, she insisted on attempting to speak, “I-I... I’m so sorry...” she made a slight hiccup noise, indicating that she was very much upset, “K-Koga!”she yelled out, feeling bad for putting him through HER pain.
"Its okay Kagome," he whispered to her, "Everything is going to be alright... I'm here Kagome, I'm here..."

Weeping into his muscular chest, the sobs continued to fall, her cries becoming louder with more frustration. When she began to tremble with emotions, Koga only held her tighter, trying to settle her with soft words and gentle gestures. He gently moved his hands up and down her back and ran them through her hair. Not as a romantic gesture, but just to try to get her to calm down a little bit. Not long after she had finished yelling out her painful sobs, a sleepy Miroku, being dragged behind a worried Sango, came rushing over to Kagome.

“Wha happen?” Miroku attempted to ask, obviously still waking up.

Sango looked at Kagome’s face buried in Koga’s chest and instantly knew what was going on. “Oh, Kagome...” she said, with much sympathy in her voice.

“If I EVER get my hands on that worthless InuTRASHA, I swear, I’ll make him pay for what he’s caused Kagome.” Koga bitterly barked.

Kagome puts her hands on Koga’s chest and pushes herself back a little, in order to wipe the tears from her face. When she feels confident enough to look up at Sango and Miroku, they were sitting behind Koga, looking at her with sympathy. She realized how much she had worried them and forced a painful smile, in hopes to distract their worried emotions.

“I’m sorry everyone. I know that this whole Inuyasha thing has you worried about me. You don’t have to worry though, I’m fine now. I just needed to get it out. It’s stupid to cry over this and I know that, I... I’m sorry...” she finished.

“You already apologized once, Kagome. It’s okay.” Miroku comforted.

Sango sighed, “Kagome, you’re not being stupid for crying over this. Even though you weren’t with Inuyasha, he was your first love and it will take a while to really get over him. We all understand your going through a tough time and its okay, really. You don’t have to be tough all the time. We’re ALL here for you.”

Koga kept his fists clenched and his tongue tied. The wolf prince didn’t want to admit it, but he knew that he was not only jealous of that mutt, he was also infuriated. He didn’t want to explode and upset Kagome more then she already was though, so he kept quiet.

“But, Sango,” Kagome objected, “I’m already 18 now... He’s been gone for over a year and I‘m still... I still...”

Kagome held her breath to hold back more sobs but Sango was the one who hugged her this time. Kagome hugged Sango back and continued to cry a little more. She felt safe and comforted with who she was around, so she cried without feeling bad. Sango rubbed her back and told her that things would brighten up for the better soon, but Koga on the other hand, wasn’t doing so well. He simply couldn’t take hearing Kagome cry any longer. Standing up to walk over to Kagome, he bent down on one knee in front of her, asking Sango to excuse them for a minute. Sango moved from comforting Kagome and sat beside her. Koga took her single hand and held it with both of his, staring into her lonely eyes. Before he spoke, he took a deep breath and calmed himself so that he could speak softly to her.

“Kagome, I love you so much. Your such a strong young woman and I’ll always be by your side no matter where I may be, but... I’ve seen all I can take. I’ve been by your side for a long time now.” Koga wiped away a fresh tear dripping down her cheek with one of his thumbs, but he let his hand linger there. Caressing her cheek ever so gently in his hand all the while she was staring up into his beautiful blue orbs. She could tell that Koga really loves her. His eyes showed a little bit of everything; pure love, sheer determination mixed with the boldest yearning.

“Kagome, while I’m gone, I want you to just sit back, relax and forget about all your troubles. I promise you I’ll be back as fast as my legs will let me.”with those last words of his, he lightly kissed her forehead, and walked over to Miroku. After he whispered something into Miroku’s ear and the monk nodding in agreement, he turned towards Kagome and gave her a nice big smile before exiting Kaede’s hut.

“Koga...” Kagome breathed.

Sango stood with Miroku and out of respect, Kagome stood with them. Leaning over to give Miroku a quick kiss on the cheek, she also whispered something inaudible to Kagome’s ears. Miroku left the hut with Kagome’s bag, but before Kagome could say anything, Sango came over and grabbed Kagome’s hand. She pulled her over to the side and they both changed into casual outfits, all the while Kagome was asking what was going on. When they were finished dressing, Sango still hadn’t said a word but gripped Kagome’s wrist and went lightly jogging out into the rising sun, dragging Kagome behind her.

“Ugh, Sango! Where are you taking me so early?” Kagome questioned impatiently.

Instead of answering, she turned towards Kagome and just smiled, still continuing to jog ahead of her. With Kagome questioning her the whole walk through the little town, Sango just simply played dumb. It was only when they entered a dress shop, that Kagome became quiet.

“Alright, well, since we’re here, I guess I’ll tell you what’s going on now.”Sango stated. “We’re gonna do a little shopping so if you see anything you’d like to get, pick it out. It’s on me, okay? Make sure you pick out a kimono too. You’ll need it for later on tonight” she finished, smiling at Kagome.
"Sango," she questioned, "Are you sure about this? Why do I need a kimono?"
Smiling back at the school girl, she answered, "Yes, I'm sure. You'll see later on tonight. Enjoy yourself Kagome."

Kagome couldn’t help but put a true smile to her tear stained face, while curiously looking through the store. She was happy that she was with Sango doing girly things. It slowly helped her to forget about what had happened in the hut and become more like the silly school girl she could be.
To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story