Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Three

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1342 words - Complete

0Cliche
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.


“So what brings you to Konoha?” Shikamaru asked as Lee set a plate of tempura chicken in front of him. He and Temari had shown up just as it was being fried only a few minutes after Gaara and Lee had begun talking again.

“Business.” Gaara frowned at the glare that his sister gave him. “As the Kazekage of Suna I’m in need of a taijutsu master.” He went on as his sister poked him slightly hinting that Lee was indeed in the room. “And since as our allies Konoha has three I thought we could borrow one.” He looked at Lee and saw a slight blush spread across his cheeks. When Temari and Shikamaru had walked in they had been discussing taijutsu maneuvers that Gaara had recently learned over the years and Lee had been performing one and fell as the door opened when they came in. He had only fallen because part of his foot happened to be on the door as they opened it.

“I see.” Shikamaru took a bite of the curry and didn’t even glance at Lee as he assessed the situation. ‘I wonder if Gaara knows that he’s in love with Lee?’ He shot Temari a look that told her they needed to talk later and began eating again. “This is pretty good curry Lee.” He smiled at the taijutsu master and tried the tempura. “The chicken is good too.”

“Thank you.” Lee smiled back and Temari and Shikamaru picked up the fact that it was a different smile than the one that had been given to Gaara earlier that day. “So who do you have in mind to take with you?” Lee asked looking at Gaara. He suspected that Guy Sensei would be perfect or maybe that other taijutsu master he had met once in Konoha though he could never recall his name and he tried to think of who the third could be.

“…” Gaara gave Lee an odd look before answering. “I was going to suggest,” ‘Demand’ “That you come to Suna to teach myself and my people.” Gaara traded a look with Temari who nodded slightly at the decision to inform him already.

“Wait me?” Lee dropped his fork into his plate. “But I’m not a master!” He blushed deeply as much as he wished to have that title he had only gotten within inches of it, he was not yet a master.

“Yes you are.” Temari and Shikamaru said at the same time smiling to each other. Both were quite shocked that Lee had not realized he was a master yet. He had been for quite some time.

“Didn’t you already surpass Guy Sensei?” Shikamaru asked receiving a nod. “Aren’t you already able to perform most if not all taijutsu moves?” Lee nodded again though a little slower. “Are you not qualified to be a master then?”

“But I have not received the title!” Lee protested.

“Lee I just gave you the title and Guy Sensei was the one that suggested you in the first place.” Gaara added causing Lee to faint. “Well I suppose this will take a little adjusting to for him.” He smirked over at his sister they had made a bet on his reaction to the news that Guy Sensei had suggested it. He had won and now Temari would have to do his paperwork for a month when they got back. Of course he had made the bet so he would free time when Lee arrived with them because surely Tsunade wouldn’t deny his demands.

Lee knew he wasn’t out long but he found himself on the couch when he woke up he found that everyone was done eating they had been close to finished when he fainted though. They were sitting worriedly around him asking if he was alright. “I’m fine.” Lee smiled sitting up slowly but finding it easier to just lay back down seeing that Gaara was more amused than anything. “Was it really Guy Sensei who said that?” Lee asked for the confirmation he could not get before fainting.

“It was.” Gaara nodded. “I thought he had told you already.” The Kazekage shook his head slightly. “But the final decision is between you and Tsunade I will only be suggesting” ‘Demanding’ “That you are the taijutsu master sent to Suna.”

“I’d like to go!” Lee made a nice guy pose from the couch. “I’m honored that you would want me to teach you and your people taijutsu.”

“I’d be honored if you did.” Gaara smiled completely forgetting the fact his older sister and her boyfriend were in the room as he relaxed more.

Lee blushed slightly seeing Gaara smile at him and his words. He liked Gaara’s smile but he rarely got to see it. “So when will you be seeing Tsunade-san?”

“It should be sometime this week.” Gaara frowned recalling his schedule while telling Lee about it.

Beside them Temari and Shikamaru traded a look and got up leaving the room whispering to each other no longer following the conversation. “So is this what you wanted to talk about?”

“Yeah.” Shikamaru looked back at Gaara who was helping Lee to sit up and smiled slightly. “I think Gaara rather likes Lee.”

Temari gave him a look that said ‘I knew that already it’s not new.’ and motioned for him to continue.

“No Temari not in the good friends kind of way, I think Gaara is in love with Lee.” Shikamaru shook his head slowly watching as his girlfriend’s eyes almost bug out of her head. “You saw the way they interact right?”

“…” Temari took a deep breath so that she didn’t scream. Instead she whispered dangerously. “Are you trying to be funny? Gaara doesn’t understand love!”

“I know that.” Shikamaru sighed. “But that doesn’t make him incapable it just makes it that much more confusing for him.” He looked her in the eye. “Gaara probably doesn’t realize that he’s in love with Lee and if he figures it out it I don’t know what will happen but this is a good thing.” He smiled. “I’m pretty sure Lee at least likes Gaara as well.”

“…” Temari frowned. “But Gaara may tear himself apart if that’s the case. I know that Gaara looks at Lee differently but still! Love?” She was finding it extremely hard to wrap her head around the fact that her younger brother was in love but she also couldn’t deny the fact it’s what all signs pointed to. Looking back at Gaara and Lee she saw him smiling and Lee hitting his shoulder playfully. She took a breath waiting for his reaction and was surprised to see him matching Lee’s smile, the smile she now knew was just for Gaara. “If it’s Lee though I think this might be okay.” She sighed looking at her boyfriend. “What should we do?”

“Well at this point there is nothing we can do but help him when he realizes it himself. He will most likely go to you or Kankuro for advice when he realizes it.” He sighed he could just picture Kankuro going on a rampage because his little brother was in love. He would most likely try to murder Lee the same way he had tried to murder him.

“Don’t worry about Kankuro, he loves Gaara and we both understand that he doesn’t need what most people do in that area.” Temari smiled she could see him murdering Lee just as easily as he had tried to kill her boyfriend. “But for now we should just watch and wait right?”

“Right.” Shikamaru took her into his arms. “It’s troublesome.”

“It is.” Temari agreed for the first time with that statement.
Sign up to rate and review this story