Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Seven

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 2235 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.



“Neji…” TenTen looked over at her comrade as they left the ramen shop where they had stayed to talk after Lee and Guy Sensei had left. “It will be okay.” She patted his shoulder her own eyes saddened. It wasn’t that she wouldn’t miss Lee herself, she couldn’t think of anyone that knew Lee that wouldn’t miss him. But she wasn’t completely unhappy because this meant that Neji just might be able to get over the boy he had been in love with for years.

“Eventually.” Neji whispered as they arrived at his house. “Do you want to train with me?”

“Sure.” TenTen smiled and they entered spotting Naruto and Hinata sitting on the porch waiting for them.

“Hey TenTen, Neji!” Naruto called out to them loudly a piece of watermelon in his hand.

“Naruto, Hinata.” Neji nodded towards them sitting next to his cousin and TenTen sat down next to him taking a piece of watermelon. “So did you know Lee is leaving?” All three of them could hear the sadness in Neji’s voice and knew that all three of them would be keeping him company in training for days straight.

“Yes. We heard yesterday.” Hinata said resting her hand on his knee. “We were going to tell you but you were training with TenTen and it really was Lee’s place.”

Neji just nodded getting up and heading towards their home’s private training area.

“It’ll be okay TenTen.” Hinata sighed looking after him.

“Eventually I think it might.” She smiled weakly. “I think it’s just going to be really hard for awhile.” She got up. “Well if you don’t mind I better go make sure he doesn’t do something stupid again.”

“…” Naruto and Hinata exchanged a look as she followed him. “It’s really sad how she loves him but he will never love her.” Hinata shook her head before placing it on Naruto’s shoulder. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Naruto pulled her closer kissing her forehead as they both thought of what Neji was going through.

‘Why Lee? Am I not good enough?’ Neji thought as he hit the post with enough force to make it shake. It was no where near what Lee did when he was training that hard but for Neji it was unheard of with his control to waste so much energy on a post. ‘Why do you want to go to Suna?’ Neji flitted around the posts landing blows on each of them at speeds that would surprise most. It wasn’t Lee speed but it was fast. ‘Is it because Gaara’s there?’ He felt the post break beneath his blow but he ignored it as he continued. He felt TenTen enter but didn’t pay her any mind. ‘I know Lee wanted to be a Master but can’t he stay here? Why Lee? Can’t the Kazekage choose anyone?’ Neji growled as TenTen jumped in to stop him from breaking another post and they began sparring.

‘He’s really upset.’ TenTen noted as she noticed not one but three broken posts. It wasn’t like any normal sparring that happened during training. If she took a misstep or missed a parry she was going to be seriously injured and that wouldn’t stop Neji. He was blind in his own thoughts to what he was doing. His body was acting without his need to tell it what to do. Sighing mentally she began to put herself completely into the fight to avoid the serious injuries that would ensue if she didn’t.

+++

“So who else do you need to tell?” Guy Sensei was asking Lee as they walked down the street. “I know you’ll need to tell the rest of your friends.” He was doing his best not to show his own sadness at his favorite student leaving the village.

“Well I still need to tell Sakura, Ino and Choji, as well Kiba and Shino.” Lee smiled as he headed towards the hospital where Sakura worked. The flower shop that Ino and Choji ran was on the way there as was the pet shop that Kiba and Shino had recently opened. “I think I’ll do it alone though.” Lee smiled up at his sensei. “You have a mission report to finish anyway.”

“Your right my youthful student!” Guy Sensei smiled hugging Lee and for once not crying. “I’ll visit you tomorrow.” He said before jumping off while wiping away his unshed tears.

Lee wiped his eyes before entering the flower shop. “Lee! What a surprise!” Ino came up to him smiling followed by Choji. “It’s been awhile since you stopped by how are you?”

“I’m pretty good.” Lee smiled looking at the happy couple and around their well cared for shop. “I actually came with some news.”

“What kind of news?” Choji asked quietly. He had lost a lot of weight and was looking extremely healthy.

“Well I’m going to be going to Suna with Shikamaru.” He knew that everyone was aware of Shikamaru’s plans to go to Suna if Temari said yes. “I’m going to be going as a taijutsu master.” He smiled widely.

“That’s great news Lee!” Ino smiled happily for him. “I bet this makes you really happy.” She hugged him. “I’m so glad.” Letting him go she gave him a serious look. “But keep an eye on Shikamaru he’s not allowed to have a child before we do.”

“Ino.” Choji poked his wife in the shoulder smiling widely at Lee. “You’ll be missed Lee you always cheered the flowers up when you visited.” He gave Lee a small hug. Lee really was like the bright point of Konoha with his never fading smile. Even in war times that smile had given them hope.

“Well I best go tell everyone else. I’ll buy some flowers for Sakura though.” Lee smiled picking out Sakura’s favorite flower.

“Well good luck Lee. Let us know when your leaving and we’ll come see you off.” Ino smiled as he left then exchanged a look with her husband. “He will be missed.”

“Your right.” Choji agreed. “I hope Neji’s not taking it too bad. I don’t think he knows how much people here rely on his smile to make their own problems seem like nothing.”

“I don’t think he does.” Ino looked down at her barren stomach and wanted to cry. Even though she had said that to Lee it was because his smile was giving her hope. But all the doctors had said she would be unable to bear children because of what happened to her on one of their missions. “I’m going to miss that smile. It made everything seem alright.” Ino started crying on her husband’s shoulder and he held her before they closed shop early to try once again for a child they might never be granted.

+++


“Lee!” Kiba almost yelled as he entered the shop. “Finally decide to get a pet?” He laughed heartily. Shino was behind the counter quietly watching his lover. They couldn’t legally get married but they did live together.

Lee smiled brightly at them. “No not this time. Though they are all so cute!” He looked around at all the pets. There were a few puppies with their mother, a few lizards, fish, and a few insects.

“So what brings you?” Shino asked from the counter.

“I have some news.” Lee smiled and they looked at him expectantly. “I’m going to be going to Suna with Shikamaru and teaching the people there taijutsu as a taijutsu master!” He smiled even brighter and they found themselves smiling along with him.

“That’s great Lee!” Kiba smiled widely Akamaru barked from the back hearing his master’s voice. He had been badly injured on their last mission together. It wasn’t life threatening or anything but it brought the air around them down. But seeing Lee smile like everything would work out was encouraging to their spirits.

“That’s good news.” Shino said quietly. “Have you told Sakura or her patients yet?” Both of them knew that Lee volunteered out at the hospital. ‘He will be missed and I don’t think he even realizes how much.’ He glanced at Kiba and then to the back. ‘It will be alright Akamaru is getting better.’

“I haven’t told them yet. I’m headed there after here.” He showed them the flowers which they knew were for Sakura, they were for an apology for his leaving they knew. “I hope she doesn’t kill me.” He smiled wider and they laughed.

“I don’t think she’ll kill you. After all you were just a volunteer.” Kiba smiled. “Well you better get up there before it closes though. Let us know when your leaving and we’ll come see you off.” He smiled as Lee left.

“This is really going to hurt the village’s cheerfulness.” Shino stated as Kiba went past him to check on his beloved partner.

“Of course.” Kiba said petting his loyal companion. “But if he wants to go we can’t stop him. And Tsunade must have agreed. Though I’m not entirely sure she knows how big a role he plays to a lot of villagers.”

“Probably not.” Shino noticed the early closing of the flower shop. “I doubt she knows just how many people that smile affects.”

+++

Reaching the hospital Lee looked up at it his smile faltering slightly. He liked working as a volunteer there. He would miss everyone but he wanted to go to Suna. He wanted to teach taijutsu. He mentally swore that he would write everyone as he entered. Sakura wasn’t hard to find as he approached his usual section. She was sitting at her desk looking over some charts.

“Did you come to work today Lee?” She asked not looking up.

“No.” Lee smiled sheepishly as he pushed the flowers in front of her chart.

“Lee…” Sakura dropped the chart and looked up at him. The only times he brought flowers to her was either when someone died that was under her wing which thankfully didn’t happen often. Or he was apologizing for something.

“I am going to be going to Suna and I won’t be able to volunteer out here anymore.” He frowned slightly before smiling. “I’m going to be teaching the people of Suna taijutsu as a taijutsu master.”

“….” Sakura looked at him to see if he was serious then gasped as it sank in. “Oh Lee!” She stood coming around her desk to hug him the flowers being gently placed on her desk. “That’s great Lee!” She hugged him tighter not wanting to admit she would miss him to herself yet. They had long gotten over the one sided love he had for her and it was gone. But he was someone that had been there for her when Sasuke left and now that Sasuke was back and in the hospital with no signs of recovery she needed his smile to carry her through.

“I’m going to miss everyone.” Lee said hugging her back. “I don’t think I’ll be able to tell all of the patients will you do that for me?” He said pushing her to be an arm’s length away.

Sakura nodded looking down at her desk where her favorite flower was sitting. “You’ll be missed Lee.” She smiled softly. “By everyone you know that right?”

Lee laughed heartily and smiled. “I’m just one of many of the villagers I won’t be missed for too long I’m sure.” He gave her a nice guy pose and she laughed.

“No Lee you are one of a kind and you will be sorely missed.” She smiled sweetly. “I won’t be the only one missing you either.” She thought of all the past patients that had said Lee’s smile had brought them hope, of all of their friends that needed his smile like she did, and she knew that Lee didn’t have a clue how special he really was. “But I’m sure Suna will benefit from our loss. Lucky Gaara.” She laughed. “It will most likely bring his mood to new heights.” She could just picture the stoic man smiling and it made her want to laugh.

“I hope it does.” Lee smiled a soft smile.

Sakura took note that the smile Lee was wearing was the one he wore when talking about her for the longest time. “Don’t worry Lee no one is immune to your smile.” Sakura smiled then turned her desk where she heard her pager going off. “Well I’ve got to run it seems a patient needs me. Let me know when you leave I’ll see you off!” She calling grabbing her pager before dashing off down the hall.

+++

Getting home he smiled to himself. ‘I will be missed.’ Was all he thought before he fell asleep with no clue how true that statement was.
Sign up to rate and review this story