Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Eleven

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1272 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.



Lee hesitated standing before Gaara’s door, he was early despite trying to manage on time for a change so Gaara would have time to prepare. Going over the events that led him to the Kazekage’s door he was surprised he wasn’t late. ‘How is that I’m not late when I had to help Captain Saitou-san to the hospital, I helped the street vendor, and ran an errand for the desk clerk?’ He frowned and decided thinking about it wasn’t using much time.

“Come in.” Gaara called as he felt Lee’s presence outside the door just standing there for over a minute without knocking. He was glad he knew Lee was usually early.

Lee smiled sheepishly as he opened the door. ‘Of course Gaara would sense my presence right outside his door.’ He stepped inside and looked around noting the curry was ready and set out on the now barren left side of the desk, paper work placed in a haphazard pile on the other side. He did his best at not drooling from the sight and smell of curry. Something that was not found in Suna to his extreme disappointment, because most Suna residents disliked it. ‘If I remember correctly Gaara isn’t too fond of it either.’ Which made him smile widely looking over at his friend who looked pleased despite the lack of facial expression.

“Have a seat.” Gaara motioned to the seat on the left side of his desk across from where he was seated watching his friend wondering what he thought of his cooking, though he hadn’t tasted it yet.

Lee smiled taking a seat commenting on the curry. “This looks good.”

“I’m not sure about the taste though.” Gaara frowned slightly he had tasted it and used the recipe but he made it a little more to his own tastes as well since he would be eating it.

Lee looked at the curry and smiled. “I’m sure it will taste” He resisted saying ‘sandy’ when it popped to mind inaccurately, he had seen the Kaze cook and no sand was involved. “Good.” He finished lamely unsure of what else to say he made himself a plate as he was given the signal it was alright. After saying his thanks he took his first bite and almost burst into tears. ‘I’d forgotten how heavenly curry tastes and the way Gaara makes it is soo good!’ He had truly regretted not eating more curry before leaving Konoha, as he began eating more he didn’t notice that his host was watching him happily as he thought over his previous thought. ‘Gaara cooked for me… Gaara of the Desert cooked for me…’ He let that thought sink and found that most shinobi would find it either amusing that Gaara would cook for anyone or utterly terrifying. Smiling brighter he decided he found it flattering and a returned favor for all the meals Lee had cooked for Gaara over the years.

As the shoveling of food slowed on Lee’s end Gaara asked. “So how is the training going?”

Lee frowned slowing his ravenous eating down a little more. “It’s alright. Not too many students yet mostly captains looking for pointers.” ‘Like Captain Saitou-san that is currently getting a look over for a possibly broken arm.’ Lee reminded himself morosely.

“Well that should change soon it’s only been a week after all and most of your classes were formed from shinobi I picked. After this week more of the lower ranks will be appearing.” Gaara said taking a bite of his food. ‘Maybe I should share some of those cupcakes Temari sent me.’ Gaara thought looking over at the empty bowl where the curry had been.

“Well that’s good I mean I don’t mind training captains but I would like to do more than just give Captain Saitou-san pointers for half a lesson. Most of the other captains are pretty well assured with their moves and don’t come to me for advice. Though that may because they don’t know or respect me yet.” Lee smiled hopefully. ‘If I can’t get the shinobi to acknowledge me by the end of this month I’ll run around Suna twenty times on my hands!’ He promised himself but before he could finish with making another self imposed rule if he failed that one Gaara spoke.

“It will take time Lee so don’t decide to do something stupid yet. Suna is a very traditional village.” Gaara pinned him with a glare. “You are not to make any self imposed rules until after at least the third month being here. That is an order.” He wasn’t quite sure why he was ordering Lee not to make those ridiculous rules he had been told about in letter after letter. But something in the back of his mind was nagging him. ‘Five hundred laps around Suna during the hottest time of day. Yosh!’ He could just hear Lee’s mind working like that and the consequence being a heat stroke. Which Lee getting hurt was not something he wanted.

“I can’t say I won’t ever but I will try not to make a self imposed rule about the training until that time.” Lee sagged in his chair a little. He knew it would take time to get the Suna shinobi to accept him. The few that had so far were mostly near him a lot or only slightly trusting. He was pretty sure the only Suna shinobi in the whole village that truly acknowledged him were the sand siblings, Gaara of course, and Captain Saitou who was fast becoming Lee’s first full time student.

“…” Taking Lee’s word at face value Gaara stood going to a cupboard near his desk. “Let’s have some cupcakes.” He slowly took out a small box and brought it over to his desk. “Temari made these for me.” He said opening the lid and they both looked in. “It’s kind of her hobby.”

Lee smiled and tried not to think of all the way the baker of said cupcakes could kill him. Inside the box were little cupcakes with black wrappers, black icing, sugar eyes and shuriken. One was holding a sign that had little painted print. “We are Ninja” It read. “They are cute.” Lee smiled a little wider praying Temari didn’t pop in and kill them both, Gaara for sharing her secret and Lee for learning her secret hobby of making ninjafied sweets. “They really are cute.” Lee said picking one up after he had determined that Temari was not going to show up and kill them. Taking a bite he said. “Tastes like ninja…”

“Lee that is not very funny.” Gaara said picking up his own and eating it slowly.

“I found it amusing.” Lee smiled popping a sugar shuriken in his mouth. He would have told Gaara to tell Temari they were good if he was certain it wouldn’t leave him running for his life.

+++

“Shikamaru!” Temari shrieked as her fiancé walked up behind her while she was decorating some cupcakes she tried to hide them but failed.

“You have a very odd hobby.” Shikamaru said picking a finished one and inspecting it. “It’s kinda cute.” He said giving her a peck on the cheek walking away before she could counter.
Sign up to rate and review this story