Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to Break

Uh Gerard?

by IloveMCRmy 5 reviews

Just read (:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-14 - 2219 words

2Original
A/N: Okay so I am sorry that this one isn't very long. Hopefully the next one will be pretty long. I'll have a long time to add and tweak it while I am in NY. But I hope you guys all enjoy this chapter! I love you guys, you're the best readers eveeeeeer! But R&R. Much love!

Chapter 10: Uh Gerard?
Gerard's POV

"BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP" my alarm screeched at 6:50 am. I rolled over and slapped it off. Normally I would roll back over in my bed and go back to sleep until Mikey came and pounced on me to wake me up. But today I sprung out of bed, I was feeling alive, I was walking on water, nothing could break the smirk that crept its way on to my face before bed last night. I walked over to my closet and grabbed some tight black skinny's and my favorite Iron Maiden t-shirt, and my leather jacket. I looked over at my clock and noticed I still had enough time to straighten my shoulder length hair. I walked on my soft carpet until I hit the tile of my bathroom floor, I bent over and reached into the cabinet below and pulled out my straightner. I searched for the outlet as I stared at myself in the mirror, noticing that I really did look happy, instead of grim and crude like I usually did.

"Gee get your ass out of...oh you're up?" Mikey barged into my bathroom looking like he had just seen a ghost.

"Why young Michael isn't it just a wonderful day, the birds are chirping the sun is shining. Coffee is brewing." I smiled widely at him, not realizing what I was even saying. Words were just pouring out of my mouth.

"Uh Gee; it's raining, so there are no birds chirping." Mikey said to me cocking his eyebrow at me.

"Well you get my point! It's just a wonderful day." I smiled again as I picked up the straightner and clamped some of my hair into it and pulled it straight.

"Are you okay? Did you fall out of bed and hit your head last night or something?" Mikey asked concerned.

"Not at all, just had the best. Date. Ever. Last night." I trailed off, reminiscing about last night. About Rachel's smile, laugh, beauty, everything. I was on that amazing feeling one gets after that great first date.

"Okay well...uh... I'm going downstairs and I'll see you in the car." he said awkwardly as he left the room.

"All right Mikes! See ya soon!" I yelled cheerfully, and started humming some Blink 182 song I couldn't remember the name of.

A few minutes after Mikey left I finished primping myself, and quickly grabbed a hoodie to shield myself from the rain that I knew was waiting to greet me. I pulled my straightner out of the outlet and walked gracefully out of my room.

"All right young Michael let us venture off to school now!" I saw excitedly as I walked into the kitchen.

"Here's some coffee, and stop calling me young Michael Gee." Mikey said a little taken a back at my cheerful behavior.

"Why not? I think it suits you." I said happily. "Oh and no coffee for me today, I am very well rested."

"What, no coffee? Okay we really need to get you to a doctor now! What have you done with Gerard?" Mikey exclaimed in worry. I paid no mind and skipped out to the car in the rain, he eventually followed.

Mikey's POV

I couldn't say anything the entire car ride, the only sound was the pattering of the rain on the car. But after the rain stopped it was just completely silent. Gerard just stared at the rode with this woozy smirk on his face. I couldn't believe how Gerard was acting. He was so... cheerful, and that wasn't like him at all. Not to mention the fact that he got up extra early today. That wasn't like him either; I usually had to jump on him a thousand times before he got up. I mean I've never seen Gerard so happy after one date, and the new happy Gee kinda scares me. It's like one of those people who too happy, so you know something twisted and sick is going on in their mind, and you're just waiting for them to snap. Who knows one night I could be peacefully sleeping in my bed, and the suddenly to door creaks open. Then out of nowhere insanely happy Gerard is smothering me with a pillow. This all too much I can't ev---

"Mikes, we're here, come one." Gerard chirped loudly to me, pulling me out of my thoughts of him suffocating me to death.

"I got my eye on you." I muttered beneath my breath.

"What?" Gerard said.

"Oh uhm, nothing, lets go." I smiled convincingly.

I watched Gerard hop off to a frotastic Ray, angst Bob, and a somewhat sad looking Frank. But I feel like that's a story for a different day. I wasn't feeling very social today; I was more concerned about why my brother was all peppy now. I leaned against my brother's car and drank my coffee when I saw Rachel's black jetta zoom into her spot. I quickly walked over to her.

"What did you do to my brother!?" I pointed my finger at her.

Rachel's POV

Okay so this isn't exactly how I wanted to start my morning. Gerard totally knows that Frank and I kissed, and now Mikey was confronting me. But I guess being greeted by Mikey's lanky finger wasn't all that bad. Worse things could happen, but maybe he doesn't know. Oh shit, just play it cool Rach, you can do this. I noticed I was still staring at an impatient Mikey's finger, and decided I should give him some sort of answer.

"What are you talking about?" I retorted back smoothly. Nice job Rach, doing well.

"Well ever since your little date last night, my brother woke up EARLY this morning. Pranced around the house like a fucking Christmas elf, calling me young Michael, and not needing any coffee. Next thing you know he'll be hovering a pillow over me in my sleep and suf--"

"MIKEY!" I had to cut off his ranting, he sounding crazy.

"What?" he snapped back into his real train of thought.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him again.

"I guess you guys had such a good date, that Gerard is actually showing his happiness, and frankly it's a little strange." Mikey justified himself.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." I said realistically. Inside I was feeling relieved because he didn't know about me and Frank's kiss.

"He told me to listen to the birds chirping, and that it was a wonderful day." Mikey leaned in.

"Okay, that doesn't sound like him. Well hopefully he'll snap out of it ya' know. He probably isn't even aware what he's doing. Once he starts to come down from his life high, he'll be fine, and he'll regret not taking that coffee." I smiled widely at Mikey.

"Hah yeah, you're right." Mikey nodded approvingly.

I looked over his shoulder and spotted Frank. He was standing with the rest of the guys, but he wasn't saying a word. He looked really out of it. Maybe something happened to him when he got home last night. Speaking of last night he was still wearing the same clothes. I feel like I should make sure he's okay. I watch Gee and everyone else disperse, but Frankie just stood there. I figured I should go talk to him.

"Hey I'll see you later; I have to go ask Frank about something for English." I lied. "Buh bye young Michael." I smiled at him and chuckled as I walked away.

"Man fuck you!" he yelled back.

Frank's POV:

Oh great here comes Rachel, probably coming to see if I am okay. Well I'm not; I mean I'm not totally heartbroken because I barely know her. But I was a little hurt, I mean I really thought me and this girl could've had a future. But no, smooth talking Gerard had to come in and ruin everything. Not to mention that if I would have had the balls to break up with my girlfriend earlier, then she probably would have liked me instead. But what's done is done and now I had to act like I wasn't upset about it, because Rach and I were going to be just friends. Great just friends, now I know how Ryan Reynolds felt in that movie.

"Hey Frank, what's up?" Rachel smiled as she walked over to me.

"Uh nothing much." I said as I smacked my lips together. I looked at my phone it was 7am. I had just enough time to smoke a cigg. So I pulled one out and sparked it up.

"Okay. So you all right? You look a little down." she asked me worriedly.

"Yup I'm fine." I lied, I realized I said it a little irritated. I really didn't mean to though.

"Okay Frank, cut with bullshit. I came over here, because I obviously care if you're happy or not. But if you're gonna act like a little prick then forget it." she said crudely as she crossed her arms.

The wind was picking up, blowing her auburn hair against her face. She was struggling trying to keep it out of her mouth, and still look serious. I hadn't seen this side of her yet, and it shocked me. It also did a really good job of making me feel like shit.

"Rachel wait I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm still not happy about what happened last night. I mean I should have just well enough alone. But I thought maybe you felt the same." I said to her, keeping my eyes locked on the ground. As inhaled the smoke and watched it float away as the wind blew it in different directions when I exhaled.

"Frank...I told you last night, if you were sooner things would have been different." she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I really was in to you, and maybe if things don't work out with Gee, we'll find our way back to each other in the future. But for now I need you to be okay with us being friend. Because I really want you in my life." she let go of my hand and I looked up at her and smiled.

"All right, friends." I smiled goofily, but I knew I would want more again.

She smiled at me one last time as she walked away. I saw her quickly stop and pivot around.

"Oh and Frank. Just so you know. You're a pretty good kisser." she laughed sincerely and walked away.

Oh yeah there's hope.

Rachel's POV:

God I feel terrible, I hate seeing Frank upset. I hate seeing anyone upset. But there really isn't much I can do. He waited too long, and I was gonna wait for him to decide to break up with his girlfriend. With my mind in a thousand places I stumbled into pre-cal and sat next to Laura. I was putting all my stuff down and she started talking to me.

"So you ready for the party tonight?" she leaned over excitedly.

"Party? Oh shit I forgot!" I laughed to her, but my mind was still thinking about Frank.

"Yeah. You're still coming right?" She asked.

"Uh of course. Come over at 9 and we can get ready and shit?" I smiled.

"Hell yeah!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Suddenly somebody walked by and bashed me in the shoulder with their body. Now a normal person would say sorry, but this girl kept walking.

"Uhm excuse you?" my voice inflected rudely.

"Yeah." I heard the bimbo Barbie voice, of Frank's bleach blonde ex girlfriend.

"Next time you run into someone, and definitely the next time you run into me you better apologize." I squinted my eyes at her so hard that I felt as if I was burning a whole into her eye sockets.

"Oh please, you aren't even worth my breath." she said smugly to me.

"Oh shocking you think you're better than me. That's really strange, coming from a girl who spreads her legs and for anyone even if she has a boyfriend." I smiled at her.

"What did you say?" she fumed at me.

"Oops did that slip out. My bad." I said sarcastically.

"You little bitch!" she yelled at me.

"Oh sweetie don't be mad at me. Its not fault you're a slut. You just are really insecure." I retorted.

At this time the whole class 'oohing' and 'aahing' at my snide comebacks to her.

"CLASS WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!" Mrs. Bello screamed at the class.

"She was taunting me." Holly sobbed, as she made fake tears appear on her face.

"Rachel is this true, yes but sh--"

"That's enough, to lock out." she pointed at the door.

"But she totally started it." I defended myself.

"Well I'm finishing it, leave." she said sternly.

"Whatever, I'll see ya later Laura. By the way this is BULL SHIT!" I screamed as I slammed the door and walked down the hall.
Sign up to rate and review this story