Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Another Killjoy Fanfic

Finding Battery City

by asylum_muffin 0 reviews

Finding my way to Battery City.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-07-17 - Updated: 2011-07-17 - 1491 words

0Unrated
June 15th 2019

By this time I was 25 and found a significant amount of information about Battery City. For one I was able to narrow down its location to California and I learned about a man who went by the name Dr. Death Defying. He was the one I would have to find to really get to Battery City.

Blending in with society was easy enough. Color was outlawed so I took everything that wasn’t black or white out of my closet. I was even able to walk around amongst normal society so long as I could keep my emotions hidden. That was the hardest part. BL/ind sent out drugs to everyone that stripped them of their emotions thus taking away everything that made them who they were. I even went down to see my parents and sister at a point but I couldn’t stand to see them that way. My sister Karyn would be 24 now but I would not go to see her. I also had to keep in mind that I had to rescue the ones who were captured by Dracs seven years prior.

Not only had I found information on Battery City, but I was getting closer and closer to figuring a way into BL/ind. I even managed to get into one of the buildings in Michigan and found information telling me that prisoners were kept in the main control center which was conveniently placed in southern California. Now I was in Utah, sitting in a café sipping tea. I made it this far with minimal trouble with few run-ins with BL/ind. I looked at the television to my right where there was a woman on the screen advertising the latest drug.

“Are you tired of frustration getting in the way of your daily lives? Is your standard pill growing weaker? The new model c-45 will fix that right away. Remember to take 2 pills ever five hours and your day will be frustration free. Have a wonderful day.” She smiled and the TV switched to the weather.

I rolled my eyes. Not many people even remembered the world with emotions and color anymore. I heard the door open and saw two Draculoids come into the café. As they walked up to the counter I tried to look as normal as possible. They started whispering to the man working the counter and I noticed him look at me. I could feel myself getting tense when the Dracs came over to me.

“Sarah Cohen?” The bigger one looked at me.

At the sound of my name I looked up. “Yes?” I said in a melancholy tone.

“We have received knowledge that you have been traveling across the country and we have a warrant for your arrest.” The shorter one spoke now.

“I wasn’t aware that traveling was a crime.” I said.

“Have you taken your pills today?” The short one inquired.

“Of course. I always remember my pills.” I said slowly, choosing my words carefully.

I saw them look at each other and my instincts took over. I bolted from my seat and out of the café as fast as I could. The Dracs followed closely after. As I ran for my jeep I felt one of the Dracs grab my arm and he started to pull me in the other direction. He twisted my arm in a manner that caused me to scream. The Drac that was not holding me opened the door to their van and I remembered what happened seven years ago when they took my family.

It may have been adrenaline, but a rush of energy came over me and I suddenly had the strength to break the Dracs hold on me. I kicked him in the crotch and as he fell to the ground the other ran after me. I took off towards my jeep. The top of my jeep was down so without even bothering to open the door I jumped in, stuck the key in the ignition and floored it. I looked to see the Drac that pursued me grab onto the back and start to climb in as I sped away.

“Shit! Stubborn bastards.” I muttered.

I took a sharp turn in an attempt to shake him but he managed to climb his way in. When he made his way into the front seat he attempted to take the wheel. I let my elbow fly back and hit what I believe was his nose. The Drac fell back into the backseat and I pulled over at the side of the road. I climbed into the backseat and the Drac got up. He grabbed me, trying to hold me down, and I kneed him in the stomach. While he was distracted by the pain I shoved him out of the car, jumped back to the front seat and sped off.

Soon I saw the border, bringing me to Nevada. I breathed a sigh of relief for being one state closer to California. I drove until well after the sun went down when I stopped at a hotel. From here on out I would have to be careful. BL/ind must have caught on to what I was doing somehow. At the hotel I gave a false name and went up to my room. I just laid there for a while and let things sink in. I turned on the television hoping to find something entertaining but instead saw something alarming. My picture was on the news and the man began to speak.

“Sarah Cohen, suspected to be involved with the Killjoys, was last seen on the borders of Utah where she injured two Draculoids and drove towards Nevada. If anyone has any information concerning her whereabouts contact your local police station at once. Do not try to approach her, she has been deemed dangerous.”

I clicked off the TV. Damn. I hadn’t even found them yet and I was already in trouble for the Killjoys. I then realized the danger I was in. If the man at the front desk had been watching the news he would turn me in for sure. I quickly jumped off the bed and ran down to the front door where I saw a troop of Dracs come in. The man at the desk said something to them and I hid as they marched up the stairs to what I suspected was my room. Without anymore cover I ran across the lobby and out the door. I heard shouting behind me but didn’t dare look back.

Once outside I saw Dracs surrounding my car. I cursed under my breath and slipped into an ally. I had to figure a way out of this. Dracs were surrounding my car, and I just trapped myself in an ally. Things couldn’t get much worse. The only thing I could think to do was to try and run as fast as I could to the nearest safe place but I didn’t even know where that was. I didn’t have time to think. I ran out of my ally. As I figured, they started chasing me. I didn’t know where I was going to go but I had to go somewhere. I decided to try and lose them by taking every corner I saw and did end up losing most. Eventually I ended up trapping myself and felt someone grab me by the hair.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw it was a Drac and the panic set in. This couldn’t end now. I was so close to getting to Battery City. The Drac started dragging me and I hoped for the spurt of energy I got before but none came. When we were about halfway out of the ally I felt his hand go limp and heard him fall to the ground. I turned around the see the Drac laying before me and right behind him was a man holding a ray gun. The man had something I had not seen in a while. He was wearing color. I took a step towards him to get a better look at his face and then I recognized him.

“You’re Dr. Death Defying!” I half whispered.

He smiled. “I am. You look like you need some help. I’ve been watching you. You wouldn’t be looking for Battery City now would you?”

“That’s exactly what I’m looking for! Can you get me there?” I asked.

“Well I can do my very best.” He motioned for me to follow him.

We snuck around for what seemed like forever when he took me into a building that looked abandoned. Once inside I saw it wasn’t. In the basement there were people and a helicopter. I blinked a few times wondering how this was even possible.

“What is that?” I yelled.

“That,” He said, “Is our ride.”
Sign up to rate and review this story