Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We Are The Kids From Yesterday

I'm Okay, Trust Me.

by _acidMonster 3 reviews

Cole and Bandit go back to the band room. Frank makes some rules and he has some news for the band.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-07-23 - Updated: 2011-07-23 - 1170 words

0Unrated
We went back to the basement. I felt as if he’d been watching me the whole time, we were making our way there. Pheonix was being a dick and laughing at him, with Ace. Cherry was sat on the stool, her hand to her head.

“You know guys; you may have just fucked the band up! Well done,” she muttered. They stopped laughing, until we wandered in. They started singing again.

Cole went bright red, and almost ran out again. I grabbed his hand.

“You’re stronger than them,” I mouthed. He smiled at me, and I did the same.

“Do what ever guys. I don’t care,” he said, proudly.

“So if I were to do this,” Ace mumbled, walking over to me and grabbing my hands. “And then this…” he went in to kiss me. His lips almost touched my cheek, I moved my head. So did Ace, but not by choice.

“What the fuck, man!? He was only joking!” Pheonix yelled. Cole had punched Ace, I didn’t blame him either.

“I’m going to kill you, you little brat!” Ace lunged for Cole. I stood in the way, Cherry held Ace back.

“Touch my brother and you’ll wish you were never born.” She whispered in his ear. Cherry was the only person who could pick on or hurt Cole, so this was her place to put that into action.

“I knew this was a stupid idea,” A stuck up voice muttered from the doorway. It was Lily, she always said that this band would never work. I guess she was right, but I wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction.

“What do you want?” I asked. Her presence gave me chills; she was always up to no good. If you knew my Uncle Frankie, you wouldn’t have thought his daughter would be this much of a heartless, cold bitch.

“Oh, just checking up on your latest fail,” she smiled. “It would be such a shame if daddy heard about this little scrap, wouldn’t it, Cole?” her eyes were ice cold and bottomless. She looked straight at her brother and smirked, evilly. Then she skipped out the room, as if she was 9 years old again.

We sat around, anxiously; no one knew what Lily was going to do. Cherry grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen and cleaned up Ace’s nose.

“Right, what have we learnt today?” she said, cleaning Ace up. Cherry was so kind, even in the most brutal of times; apart from earlier, but that was understandable.

“No band fights,” the boys mumbled. She grinned, they all sounded so miserable.

Uncle Frank wandered into the room. Cherry quickly hid the first aid caase.

“Whassup dad?” Cole said, smiling.

“Lily said there was a punch-up. That you had hit Ace for no reason,” he was staring straight at Cole, with no expression. Uncle Frank wasn’t happy; this was a rare and horrible moment.

“Yeah but—“

“No drums for a week. Not even during practice. You’re to stay upstairs, in your room, with nothing,” heaven was freezing over, Uncle Frank was being horrible.

“Do you really believe that Cole would hit Ace for no reason?” I piped up, his icy glare reach my eyes. I was taken back by how angry he was.

“So, enlighten me, what happened?” he sat down on one of the amps, and crossed his legs. I struggled to tell the story.

“I went to kiss Bandit and me and Pheonix were taking the piss out of him,” Ace told him. Uncle Frank nodded his head.

“I think that I should start supervising your band practices,” he said, smiling.

I didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing. I mean, yeah sure, it was great that Uncle Frankie was an awesome guitarist, who’d jump like a puppy to help us with anything. But seriously? An adult in our band practices –not cool. At all.

“Thanks, dad,” Cole said, hugging his dad.

“Right gang, what have you got so far?” Unlce Frank clapped his hands, then rubbed them together. I handed him Cherry’s lyrics. He read them quickly.

“We’ve already got some music for those, and the rest of the lyrics, but we wanted something else too,” Cherry said.

“So what kind of sound are you looking for?”

“We want something different, not entirely. Just enough so that we’re unique. The My Chemical Romance sound, but ours. We want to make it our own.” I explained.

“I think I can help you with that,” he winked. We all grinned at Uncle Frank, he was willing to help us achieve what we wanted.. “Try this,” he scribbled down a tab for guitar, gave it to Cherry. She looked at it, carefully.

“Seriously? I don’t think that’ll sound right. Play it for me,” she said, handing him her guitar. He played it and everyone’s mouth opened. It was perfect for our first song. “Did I ever tell you how much I love you, Daddy?” Cherry said, laughing.

“Nope, but I shall remember that,” he giggled. “Right Cole, you’re going to want a slow beat, then when the bass comes in you’ll get faster,” he then went on to say some other drummer’s code for something. It was all too confusing for me.

Cole sat at his drum kit and started playing a beat, similar to how his dad had described.

“Perfect,” Uncle Frankie said. “Ace, you play that tab, Cherry play these chords, any way you want as long as it sounds right,” He wrote down a few chords, on a different piece of paper. “And Pheonix, I’m sure you have your father’s blood, so do what you want. Just look cool,” he added, passing Pheonix some sunglasses. “Play!”

He pressed ‘record’ on the laptop we had in the band room with us. I was given the microphone, great, they expected me to sing. After a few times of them playing, I thought of a tune and sang anything that came to my head, like I’d done before. This was going to be our second song. Two songs in one band session, this was a good day.

When we’d finished. Uncle Frankie clapped at us, laughing.

“You guys, this is the start of something beautiful. Trust me, I’d know,” he grinned, madly. “Bandit, you are so much like your dad. You’re a natural,”

I blushed at his compliment. Cherry patted my back, smiling at me.

“Who wants juice?” Uncle Frankie yelled. Cole facepalmed, while everyone followed Uncle Frank to the kitchen. “Oh, by the way, we’re thinking of doing a come back tour. We want you guys to be our support.”

A little girl inside me screamed. I turned to Cherry, she had the same look on her face. We both yelled to the heavens, waving our hands.

Give Me Your Poison was up and running.
Sign up to rate and review this story