Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Can I Be The Only Hope For You?

You Never Learned A God Damned Thing

by DoctorDeathDefy 2 reviews

Gerard's having second thoughts...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-07-26 - Updated: 2011-07-26 - 350 words

0Unrated
I pulled the car up outside the house.

I had been having my doubts about this since the phone call. I mean, I was a lot different from last time Bert and I spent any amount of time alone. What if he didn't like me like this? What if he thought I'd turned into a pussy and wasn't worthy of his time anymore? I tried to convince myself that it wouldn't happen- but the worry was still there.

I wasn't worried about drugs and booze; contrary to popular belief amongst My Chem fans, Bert never forced drugs and alcohol into me. He never made me take anything. That was my choice. All Bert did was supply me with the stuff and take it alongside me. I was sick of people thinking my fuck ups were his fault.

I jumped out of the car and walked up to the front door before my stupid second thoughts stopped me. I knocked three times and the door opened. Bert smiled at me. "Hey, man," he said softly. "You okay?"

"Not really," I sighed.

"Come on in and we'll talk," He stepped aside and let me in. "You want some coffee?"

"Please," I smiled. Bert disappeared into the kitchen for a few minutes then returned with two cups. He handed one to me and then sat on the couch, insisting I do the same.

"So. Tell me again what happened?" He asked. I took a deep breath then explained to him all over again.

I was crying by the time I finished. Bert held me so my head was resting on his chest. His shirt got soaked but he didn't seem to care. "Poor Gee," He said. There was a pause then. "I always told you Frank was a total asshole."

"He's not usually like this," I sighed.

"He must be an ass to believe you'd be capable of that," He kissed the top of my head. "You'd never hurt anybody on purpose, would you?"

"No," I sighed.

I hated myself for it, but I had the feeling that Bert was right about Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story