Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

So Far Away........ Then Near You

by dying_halo9 1 review

A Frerard one-shot that I wrote early in the morning Contains character death

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-07-29 - Updated: 2011-07-29 - 861 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
It's 2:40 AM right now in my timezone, I've been awake for 12 hours. If this is slightly crappy you can blame my damn insomnia. I don't own anything, if I did.... Rock In Peace Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

'Why? Why does it have to end like this for you? Frank sobbed quietly. His boyfriend Gerard died in a car accident just three days ago. Frank still hasn't gotten over the grief and shock. His GeeBear, his lover, his soulmate was gone forever.

How do I live without the ones I love
Time still turns the pages of my book it's burned
Place and time always on my mind
I have so much to say but you're so far away


Now I know what M Shadows was talking about. Avenged Sevenfold lost their beloved drummer, so they dedicated their newest album Nightmare to The Rev. He was one of the musicians I looked up to, so I was shocked. But now I know the amounts of pain and sadness that rouched their hearts, a loved one passing. The grief... it's like a thorn driven deep in your heart and you can't get it out. I've tried so hard to try and let go, but we both have matching tattoos of a red and black nautical star with a banner around it saying 'Neverending Love'. Gerard on his right forearm and mine on my chest right above my heart. (A/N I know Gerard is scared of needles and that tattoo doesn't exist but let's just pretend ok?). I felt like we were connected, two puzzle pieces that fit.

Plans on what our futures hold
Foolish lies of growin' old
It seems we're so invincible, the truth is so cold


The truth when I learned about Gerard's death whammed me like a train. The words were trying to process through my head as the doctor gave me a sympathetic look.
I'm sorry Mr Iero, but I'm afraid Mr Way did not make it through
Were his exact words, and I remember collapsing to my knees and needing to be knocked out. It was a horrifying feeling, like all the anxiety on waiting for news is replaced by the heavy load you have to carry in your heart.

That stupid drunk driver deserved Death Row, it turns out he is a repeat offender. I can't wait for demons to get their hands on him. I heard laughter echoing in my room and gasped when I realized it was me. I'm slowly going crazy here, I'm laughing because someone is going to die.

We used to think a lot about our future, we would always talk about getting married and adopting kids. We'd both be in his room snuggling next to each other in his bedsheets, listening to out mixed voices. He would always say we'd both die in each other's arm when we're old. I can't believe I won't be hearing that voice ever again.

An hour later
I looked at the gun in my hands and gulped, I tried to take my life before... but there was always a reason to stay alive. Now there isn't. I placed the barrel at my temple and closed my eyes. "You were so far away Gerard, now I'm near you." Frank whispered and pulled the trigger.

My eyes flew open and immediately closed because of a blinding light. 'I can't be in the hospital, I know I'm dead' Frank blinked as his eyes adjusted to the light. I sat up and gazed around to find myself in a meadow. "Hello Love," Greeted an all-too familiar voice. I snapped my head around and found Gerard's smiling face beaming from above me. He just grabbed my hand, and I felt safe once again.

3rd Person POV
Several days later
The two bodies laying side by side in their own caskets looked so peaceful. Their pale faces were upturned in small smiles. Both of their mothers embraced each other, Gerard's little brother clinging on to his best friends. Mikey soon let go and placed a red rose underneath Gerard's interlocked hands and did the same thing to Frank. "Gee, remember all those times you would show me those incredibly long poems? I think Demolition Lovers fits best here." Mikey gave a small smile. The two caskets were closed and nailed shut, then lowered into the same grave. As soon as the last of the dirt was piled and covered the hole, Donna and Linda immediately placed poppies and pansies on their graves. Linda knew how much Frank loved pansies, he even nicknamed his guitar Pansy. She took a step back and looked at the tombstone they requested.

Here lies Frank Iero and Gerard Way
Beloved sons to Donna Way and Linda Iero
Amazing brothers and friends to Mikey Way, Bob Bryar and Ray Toro
These two Demolition Lovers have faced harsh times, but their neverending love always pulled through
May these two soulmates rest in piece


End
Sorry it was kinda sad, but I can't help it after I read a dark fic and my bipolarity just switched to depressed and morbid
Sign up to rate and review this story