Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Welcome to the Black Parade - Bad News

by Bibbo 1 review

A story about a teenage girl, Katie, who suffered from cancer and experienced some unusual visitors in hospital!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-07-30 - Updated: 2011-07-30 - 1361 words

0Unrated
[CHAPTER ONE!]

I’m lying here, head pounding as usual, and remembering my life… looking back over it like a book. My earliest memories were when I was three, playing with my teddies in the sun. All happy memories too, going to the beach with my parents, making friends at school, getting Alfie, our Labrador. In fact the only bad memory I could really think of was about six months ago, a week after my fifteenth birthday.

I’d had bad headaches for a few weeks, and mum finally decided to take me to the doctors to get it checked out. We explained where abouts these headaches were occurring, and for how long I’d had them, and Dr Thomas looked quite anxious.

“I don’t want to jump to conclusions, but you need to get Katie to the hospital quite urgently” he said to my mum, looking straight into her eyes. “I can ring up and make an appointment for this afternoon, if that would be convenient for you?”

“Yes! Of course! What do you think is the matter? Are you worried?!” my mother asked, clearly getting a little bit worked up over the doctors seriousness.

“I don’t want to say anything that will worry you or your daughter yet, it could be nothing, but it’s deffinately worth getting some brain scans done.

On the way home from the doctors, I could see that mum was still anxious, as she kept biting her lip, and she didn’t say much. I wish it wasn’t like this.. no one ever tells me things! I guess I couldn’t blame mum this time, she didn’t know what was wrong either. Anyway, I’d only have to wait til this afternoon to get some answers.

It was only a few hours later when my life changed forever. I got answers alright, but they were no way the ones I wanted or expected. The paediatrician looked just as alarmed as Dr Thomas and I was instantly sent for a CT scan. The results were not good.

The paediatrician doctor sat me and my mum down and spoke to us seriously. “Look, there’s no easy way of breaking this to you both, but if you look here…” she said pointing at the X-Ray “…you can see that reasonably large bulge sitting on the side of your brain?”

We both nodded and swallowed, this really didn’t look good.

“I’m afraid to tell you, this is a brain tumour.” I went dizzy, and mum put her head in her hands. The doctor put her hand on my mums shoulder. “Hey, don’t worry. We’ll do what we can to treat Katie, and you won’t go through it alone.”

Mum looked up and nodded. The whole room was spinning for me. A brain tumour… I have CANCER? I knew from then on things wouldn’t be so perfect anymore.

Months went on, and as each day passed, only more bad luck was brought this way. I went through chemotherapy several times, lost all my hair, and I was in pain more and more each day. Only a month after that doctors appointment did I stop going to school. I didn’t think about it then, but I never did go back to school, not once. Less than a month after that I became bed ridden, and within a week I had my own bed in the cancer ward in hospital. The tumour was growing faster than the chemotherapy could destroy it. Not only had I lost all my hair, but my skin was pale, and I was being sick all the time.

Now it’s been six months and it hurts me to sit up, but my head hurts even more when I’m lying down. They have given up hope on saving me. They don’t say it quite like that, but we all know that’s how it is. They consider me too ill for treatment now, and they just give me medicine to ease the pain. I’m sure my mum isn’t taking it very well, but she’s being strong and not showing too many emotions. My dad visits me every day too, and often brings me presents. I think out of the entire family, my ten year old sister, Emma has taken it the worst. Of course, she always begs to come and visit me, but when she does she nearly always cries the entire time. She’s old enough to realise that’s I’m going to die, just like I am, and I don’t blame her for being upset.

Something big has changed recently though, and it’s not my illness. I’ve had this feeling that someone else is there, always in the room with me. I’m in a childrens ward, so there nearly always is at least three other children in with me. But even when they go off for their hospital schooling – I’m too ill for that now – I feel as if someone is watching me, waiting for me.

I don’t tell anyone, not even my mum, about all of this. I don’t want them to think I’m crazy as well as terminally ill. I’ve tried talking to whoever or whatever this thing is before, but of course I never get an answer.

Mum used to stay with me in hospital at night and sleep in the little side bed next to me, but I asked her recently to leave. Of course I loved having her next to me, but it wasn’t fair, I could tell that she was becoming more and more tired, and Emma was missing having her at home, and I’m sure Dad was too. Although she was reluctant, she did start to sleep at home, and she looked far healthier.

However, the first night she was away, something very strange happened. It was ten at night, and all the other children in the ward were asleep. I decided I was going to try and sleep too, and just as I was drifting off, I was instantly woken up by something pressing down on my legs. It felt just as if my dog, Alfie had just bounced on me. I quickly fumbled for my iPod to shine some light. Of course it wasn’t Alfie, dogs weren’t even aloud in hospitals, but it didn’t stop me from getting my hopes up.

But what I did see almost made me jump out of my skin. There was a man sitting on the end of my bed, and he must have sat on my legs instead. He wasn’t a nurse or a doctor, and I probably should have screamed for help, but there was something mysterious about this man that I couldn’t work out, and I wasn’t going to kick him out before I knew exactly who he was.

His hair was messily cut just above his ears and jet black. He had a round face and deep set eyes that stared straight at me. He held a very stern expression, which almost scared me, yet at the same time, I had no urge to run away or cry for help. His skin was pale and perfectly clear, he almost didn’t look real. He wore straight black trousers and what looked like a black military jacket, with two rows of golden buttons going down the front.

We were both there in complete silence for about twenty seconds, staring at each other, but it seemed like eternity. I opened my mouth to break the silence, but he got there before me.

“Katie.” He said, simply. How on earth did he know my name?! “Katie…” He said again…

SO sorry there's not much about the band in there yet!! Can you guess who was sitting on the edge of the bed?! :) There'll be more of My Chem in the next chapter I promise! I wrote this story quite a while ago, so it's not toooo good!!:) But please let me know what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story